PDA

View Full Version : Festival of the Lion King or Finding Nemo the Musical?

DisneyFreak23
07-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Which of these two AK shows/musicals do you prefer? I have never been to the nemo one, and it has been a while since i saw the lion king one. How are they now?

Let me know

-:stitch:

Figgyluv03
07-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I haven't seen Finding Nemo yet, but I have heard some of the songs on intercot radio, and I loved it. Can't wait to see it in person next year!

SurferStitch
07-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Boy, that's a really tough decision for me, but I chose FOTLK.

Nemo is a beautiful show with wonderful music. It's truly unique and a fantastic show...can't wait to see it again.

BUT.....FOTLK is so lively and fun. Definitely more interactive, and it just makes me feel so good afterward. It's just a really great show.

cubbie
07-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Nemo is a good show with interesting puppetry and well-written songs. However, I did dose off during parts of it, and that's something that has never happened at Festival of the Lion King, so the choice was obvious for me.

ThanxForNoticin
07-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Both shows are worth seeing more than once, but FOTLK is one of the best shows Disney has ever done. It's a show we see almost every time we go to the AK.

biodtl
07-02-2007, 12:43 PM
I haven't seen Nemo yet, but based on the type of show and the music I have hread, I can't imagine it being as incredible as FOTLK. It brought me to tears.

NJMan66
07-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Not fair! Not fair. I cannot choose one over the other. They are both so amazing - worth the price of the park ticket alone.

TLK is very lively with lots and lots of stuff going on. I think this appeals more to the younger children; although I still love going to see it each time I go to the Animal Kingdom.

Now finding Nemo is like a mini-broadway show. As an adult, I completely appreciated what the actors did to maintain an allusion of being underwater with their "puppets" while still singing and dancing. I found this show to be charming and funny. My 6 and 9 yr olds loved it even more than than lion king. You cannot lose with either show.

Tink's Mom
07-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I really enjoyed Finding Nemo, but Festival of the Lion King makes me want to join in!

pogo
07-02-2007, 01:17 PM
I love them both equally, but if I could only see one or the other, I'd have to chose Nemo over Lion King. :confused:

I've only seen Nemo once and Lion King abour four times. :D

Disney Doll
07-02-2007, 01:57 PM
This was a hard choice because I absolutely love both. However, the Circle of Life song is one of my favorites so that wins out over Nemo for me.

Jared
07-02-2007, 02:01 PM
After thinking for a few minutes, I still could not choose. I eventually voted for Festival of the Lion King, but it wasn't easy.

I saw Finding Nemo - The Musical for the first time in May. I instantly loved the show, only furthering my interest in the Animal Kingdom. But I have seen Festival of the Lion King multiple times and still flock back to the theater each visit. The repeat value separates the two, so far.

If I still love Finding Nemo - The Musical in a few years, my opinion may change.

Eeyore's My Favorite
07-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Festival of the Lion King - hands down!! Love that show - everytime I see it I notice something new.....it wraps you right into the festival...can't wait to see it again in September. :mickey:

=====
Elynn:cloud9:
Watch out Mickey - here we come - the countdown is on til Anniversary Celebration #22 @ POP.:minnie2::mickey2:

mickey&missy
07-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I haven't seen the Nemo show yet. I can't wait!

I absolutely LOVE FOTLK so if all of you like the Nemo show so much I'm sure I'll love it too!

DizneyFreak2002
07-02-2007, 06:45 PM
I picked Nemo.... I do like FOTLK but Nemo rocked....

ktflisa
07-02-2007, 07:13 PM
I loved Nemo when we saw it in December, but Lion King is my all time favorite movie....

So I voted FOTLK!

jrpersinger
07-02-2007, 09:11 PM
We missed Nemo and I was really disappointed by that. But we love Lion King. My oldest DD was one of the kids picked to dance with the characters. It was one of the high lights of her trip!

Horizon93
07-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I love both shows. I have seen Festival many times and Nemo once. I went with Nemo because it is a completely live performance with the exception of the music track. The vocals are live and the puppet work is imaginative, a little reminiscent of Avenue Q.

DREAMADREAM93
07-02-2007, 09:43 PM
FOTLK is a must do for every trip!

JOrdan :]

CaptSmee
07-03-2007, 01:55 AM
The Nemo show is good, but The Lion King is PHENOMONAL!!!

RAIDER
07-03-2007, 03:33 AM
Finding Nemo for me ...I thought it was so innovative :thumbsup:

BritCody
07-03-2007, 06:25 AM
Lion King has always been a favorite of mine. It is a very nice show

A Foolish Mortal
07-03-2007, 09:58 AM
I didn't really like the Nemo show. Disney seemed to reuse the whole gigantic puppets concept and made some songs and set it to Finding Nemo. The visuals were good, but the songs were...in nice words.... not as good.

Festival of the Lion King, however is amazing, and a must see every time we go. So I chose Festival of the lion King.

Goes4FastPass
07-03-2007, 12:27 PM
We like both.

Tigers or Gorillas?

Asia or Africa?

Ketchup or Mustard?

Day or Night?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-03-2007, 12:51 PM
We have not seen Nemo yet, we are looking forward to seeing it in September.

We LOVE Festival of the Lion King. My DD wanted to see it 4 times last trip. It is a must do, at least 2-3 times a trip, each year for our family. :thumbsup:

like2workout
07-03-2007, 12:52 PM
i definitely choose festival of the lion king. i can do that show over and over and over again. i've sat in 3-4 times in a day! by the way, i also really enjoyed tarzan rocks that the nemo show replaced.

mainemajor
07-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Lion King is done so much better. Nemo misses the target

fielin
07-03-2007, 03:35 PM
I guess I am the exception here but...

I found Nemo to be much better than the Lion King !

Actually, the Lion King got me bored and looking at my watch, while I came back to Animal Kingdom a second day just to see Flights of Wonders and Nemo a second time !

I think Nemo is much more adult-oriented, and spectacular than the Lion King...

Moreover, while Nemo has a storyline, the Lion King seemed pointless to me...

Eric87
07-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I saw both shows for the 1st time this past trip. I love both movies, however I had to go with FOTLK. I just thought the show belonged in the park more so than Nemo. Nemo seemed like it would fit in at a theater downtown here in Chicago, not in an amusement park.

steamboat willy
07-03-2007, 10:33 PM
FOTLK is a must see (Multipal Times) for us. Music, singers, performers, costumes, it's awlsome. See you in October!
We'll have to check out the NEMO as well.:cool: