PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP Costume . . Help!

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-02-2007, 10:13 AM
We are attending this for the first time this year. The kids want to be Peter Pan and Wendy. Anybody know where I can find a Wendy costume??? (One that can "go the distance" and not get in the way, etc.)

Disneyatic
07-02-2007, 11:37 AM
That is a tough costume to find! I searched all over the internet and could never find anything.
The costume is actually pretty simple to re-create yourself though.
If you look up pictures of Wendy, she is wearing an old fashioned night gown and a ribbon in her hair.....that's about it!
I don't know how old your daughter is or what size she would wear, but I was able to find nightgowns that looked really similar to the one Wendy wears. Try department stores and also look in the ladies section for smalls and petites!

Good Luck with the costume!

murphy1
07-02-2007, 11:57 AM
I am making our costumes for the party, my dd is going to be Wendy, too. I bought poly satin in the blue and a darker shade for the sash. You could use a yoke dress pattern to make it, if you sew. I am going to be Jolly Holiday Mary Poppins, I have an antique white blouse for the base of it. My other dd is trying to decide her costume. There is a lady on Ebay called Granny's Magical Attic who sells costumes, but her Wendy dress is $49. You can search there for other Wendy dresses too. On our trip a couple weeks ago on Peter Pan ride, I was studying Wendy's dress the whole time!! LOL

Oh, try the thrift stores too, sometimes they get stuff in that works.

Shari