PDA

View Full Version : photopass tips

mousaholic
07-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Does anybody have some photopass tips for me? Are the attractions pictures (Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, etc) available on the photopass? We have a grand gathering and would love to get as many great pictures as possible!:thumbsup:

JPL
07-02-2007, 10:28 AM
The biggest complaint I have heard about Photopass is blurry out of focus pictures. I would advise when a photographer takes your group photo you ask them to take it a few times so you have a better chance of getting a great shot :thumbsup:

TheFoo
07-02-2007, 10:35 AM
We agree with JPL. Also, if you have a laptop with you during the trip, you can review the pictures on the website nightly. This way, if there is a pic that you really wanted that did not come out right, you can go back and get it taken again. (We had that issue at Epcot, blurry pics, went back the next morning and got perfect shots)

We let the photopass photographers take our picture every chance we could. At the end of the trip, we had around 160 pictures of our group, so we bought the CD, which gives you unlimited rights to the photos. We bought our actual prints elsewhere once we had the CD.

mousaholic
07-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the tips! Keep 'em coming!

jszczur5
07-02-2007, 11:06 PM
When we used Photopass in September/06, the only ride that we could access with our card was Test Track. The CM's told us that this was a test attraction and that others would soon be added. I would love to have ToT and Splash.
As for the quality of photos, every single shot we had was a keeper. We can't wait to use Photopass this year now that we know how the system works, we will get even more pictures. If it's not busy, the photographers are usually willing to take numerous pictures for you - ie) one group photo, one of just the kids, and one of just the parents.
I think it's a fabulous system, and well worth the money for the quality of the photos.

beksy
07-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the advice. This is our first time using photopass! :party:

bleukarma
07-03-2007, 10:15 AM
My parents took my niece and nephews to Typhoon Lagoon two weeks ago and there were photopass photographers there. My mom thought that since they gave her another (waterproof) card then the pictures from Typhoon Lagoon would be elsewhere but they were with all the other pics! They were pretty good too. It may not be a new thing, but photographers at the water parks are new to me!

Catwillow
07-03-2007, 06:19 PM
The biggest complaint I have heard about Photopass is blurry out of focus pictures. I would advise when a photographer takes your group photo you ask them to take it a few times so you have a better chance of getting a great shot :thumbsup:

Well...out of the 100's of photo pass photos we have had taken (almost 300 May 06 about 200 in December 06 and about 150+ in May/June 07) I have to say there were very few that were blurry. Night shots ... if you are wearing light colored clothing the flash will really pick up on it. Of course I imagine it also has to do with how the shot is set up. We have been very pleased with 9 out of 10 or our photos. The photopass photographers have always been more than accommodating in taking several shots so don't hesitate to ask. Also, if you want to be holding Tinker Bell (MK), Simba (AK) or Stitch (MGM) you have to ask for that shot set up (that is my understanding).

Kathleen

happycamper83
07-04-2007, 11:05 PM
I wasn't all that impressed with my photopass photos, so I didn't buy them all - just got one printed.

I'm a photographer myself and so I know I am very picky when it comes to photos. It bugged me that you couldn't edit them much before printing - quite a few of mine needed slight rotation and croping (crocked castle that could have been fixed SO easily in photoshop), or color correcting. Some of ours were blurry.

I was tempted to buy the CD, but we didn't end up with enough photos taken to make it worthwhile.

I liked the wristband photopasses they hand out in the water parks a lot better than the cards... after we got that one, we always had it handy without having to dig for the card (except for test track, where you definitely need the card as the wristband kind don't work there).

BrerStitch
07-05-2007, 10:05 AM
The DH and I have used photopass each trip. Last time we were tempted to buy the CD, but not all of photos were terrific.

Here are a few tips though, if you don't have a laptop to check your photos during the trip, head to Mickey's Toontown Country Fair and go to the kiosk for pics there. The CM's will show you your pics so far if you ask. Also, there is another kiosk in the Grand Floridian where we checked ours when we were there for dinner.

I have read someone else's post on here that says there is now a photopass scrapbook option when you're ordering. You can edit and select different things for your photos and then have a whole album printed. Her post was great, am I'm hoping to be able to do that during our trip this year!

Dyanna
07-05-2007, 11:35 AM
How much is the photopass CD?

Disneyatic
07-05-2007, 11:35 AM
How much is the photopass CD to purchase?

Can you also look at your pictures in the Emporium on Main Street?

jszczur5
07-05-2007, 12:13 PM
We paid $99 for our photopass CD last September, and then printed all of our photos at Costco.

BelleBeauty
07-05-2007, 12:21 PM
All the tips posted here are wonderful For a bunch of great pics, the photo CD is really worthwhile. Since you will have a large group, explain Photopass to everyone. Even if individual families have their own photopass cards, you can all upload the various cards into one online account. This way, you can get everyone's pictures on one CD and split the cost. Then print at your own leisure at home.

Catwillow
07-06-2007, 08:41 PM
I believe the price is approx. $130. When we were there in May/June we purchased the CD. Not only did we get the CD but we got 2 free 5x7's. NOW...what I am understanding is you can wait and purchase the CD ONLINE and with that you get all the borders and add ons...buying at one of the kiosks you don't. You can have the add-ons and dates put on then have the CD made....they will do that ... or like I said I 'believe' if you wait to purchase the CD online you get those included to do yourself at home. With big groups and multiple cards there are bound to be quite a few "great shots" that will make the CD worth it in the end. You can have 1 great group shot...and 12 5x7's of 1 shot would run you $150. Or get a bunch of great shots....get the CD, and take it to wal-mart or where ever you have your photo printing done. We have had close to 250 on 1 disk and were told we could fit quite a few more....so you never know.

Also, try the same shots....but different times of the day. Different spots...like the castle spot. Yea...it's a pain sometimes but get a shot at the statue area...then on the bridge, then over the bridge, then on main street. You will be surprised how different each shot will look. Same thing in Animal Kingdom. Keep your eyes out...the Photopass photographers are everywhere.

Kathleen

MsMin
07-06-2007, 11:16 PM
We have really enjoyed it b/c it allows us all to get in the pic. They are not all perfect but I enjoy the CD so that I can crop or touch up as needed (a little chocolate on your face-- zip... w/ photoshop not a problem:blush:)
I have loaded the pics from the cd on several computers and the resolution is great. Well worth the 99 I paid in Dec. 06.
A note too, my kids are always asking if they can see the photo right there and ask for them to take it again. Remember too that disney does monitor the shots and reserves the rights to remove anything that is inappropriate. B/c of this many times your photos are not available online instantly until after they have been reviewed. I mention it b/c if you are planning on leaving the park you may not have all of your later photos on there before you leave.

little disney lovers
07-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Does anyone know if they would post the CD to Australia if I was to review and purchase after I get home? Also how long does your photopass card last? We'll be there for 3 weeks?

tink'72
07-07-2007, 07:58 AM
On my last visit in April. I didn't order any pics while I was in the park. I waited until I got home and ordered them online. When you order online there is usually some sort of "code" to get a percentage off. I saved 40% on my order. My 90.00 only cost me 50.00 when I ordered onlline!

PNWmom
07-07-2007, 04:26 PM
How do you find out about the codes? Are they listed online or are they emailed to you?