PDA

View Full Version : Nervous 3 weeks away.

PellaPooh
07-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi ;

Once again I find myself asking for your assistance/advice.

We will be at Disney in 3 weeks :)

We were given a weeks stay by a DVC member as a surprise gift.

We are not DVC members so are allowed to purchase a meal plan as well as when we purchase Tickets can tickets be put on the room key?

Just a little nervous since we are not DVC members and we can not call Disney to add to our DVC reservation.

Will us not being DVC members will that also cause an issue when we arrive to get our room?

Reservation in our name by the DVC member.

Can we still use the Airport Disnery express?

Thank you for all your help -

PellaPooh
07-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Should say - are we allowed to purchase .........

dolphinmickey9170
07-02-2007, 11:30 PM
You should be able to purchase the meal plan, but you need to call and have that added to the reservation before you arrive to check in (at least the day before). It cannot be added at check in.

As long as your reservation is is your name, it shouldn't be a problem. People sell/give points to other people more than you think. It will all be okay.

Make sure for the DME that you call and let member services know your flight schedule. You probably should have the DVC owner make the call for this and for the dining plan.

Good luck and have a great time!!

dlpmikki
07-03-2007, 04:28 AM
I think you may have to get the person who gave you the week to ring member services to add Magical Express and the dining plan for you. You don't pay for the dining plan until you check-in but it has to be booked in advance.

After you get there it is no problem at all not being the member - we have done rooms for friends and it has all gone smoothly.

CarolMN
07-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Just confirming and clarifying -

Contact the DVC member and ask him/her to call MS and add the DDP and ME to your reservation. You cannot do this yourself. The DDP must be on your reservation before you arrive - you cannot add it at check in.

You will pay for the DDP at check in. It must be purchased for every night of your stay and for evey person in your party that is age 3 or older. There is no minimum stay requirment and you do not have to purtchase tickets to add DDP to a DVC reservation. It makes no difference if you are the DVC member, a guest or a renter. The DDP is available to allstaying on points - as long as it is added to the reservation by MS prior to arrival.

MS must also set up Magical Express for DVC members, their guests and renters. Once it is set up, it is my understanding that you can call the DME office directly to make changes, ask questions, etc.

You can buy your tickets anywhere you choose. If you buy at check in, you will pay the gate price.

The CMs can add an unused MYW ticket to your room key.

Enjoy your gift!