PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #75

King Triton
07-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Here's a hypothetical question for you.

Suppose Whispering Canyon Cafe at WIlderness Lodge had a "quiet night" each week, in which it behaved pretty much like a normal restaurant instead of the usual antics.

Would you book your ADR's for the quiet night, or the usual?

Y100Q76 will be in Theme Parks, probably on Tuesday.

I'll also have to start working on the review of questions 61-70. I think some of the polls are still open for those, so it'll probably be late this week.

Kairi_7378
07-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I will probably be in the minority here, but I would prefer the quiet night. DH and I aren't into a big shtick with our dinner, which is why we have avoided Whispering Canyon and 50's Prime Time. (Even though I'd like to try the skillet.) I know that a lot of people love these places, just the way they are :)

dolphinmickey9170
07-02-2007, 09:10 AM
The skillet is so delicious, great combo of all the goodies. But, a quieter night would be great.

avantgardeinker
07-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Since I've never been and since I'm going for the first time in Dec. I would definitley want the authentic experience. We are going for my in-laws' 40th anniversary, so I hope we get a great CM who really gives us the full effect.

157 more days!!
:mickey:

biodtl
07-02-2007, 09:42 AM
As usual! I haven't been there yet, but I can't wait to take the kids on our 2008 trip. I love all the craziness - that's what makes the trip for me.

KAT1811
07-02-2007, 10:08 AM
For us it would certainly be "as usual". Isn't the zaniness (sp?) of the CMs part of the draw? For us, we're in WDW for the entertainment not the dining (although great dining is a plus). We're looking forward to WC on our upcoming trip; I think our DDs will love all the antics!

c&d
07-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I have to say the first time we made ADR's there I was a little nervous. We've heard all the noise at breakfast and I really wasn't looking forward to having all that noise. We had very late reservations in the morning and it wasn't that crowded or that noisy. I'm glad we ate there, the skillet was great. We will definitely eat there again and once again at the end of the meal time.

LarryBoy
07-02-2007, 11:52 AM
OUr son, age 6, is autistic so we have been a little affraid to try WC. Thought it might be a little overwhelming for him. A quiet night would be nice. Dinner time can be a good time for some peace and quiet, a little wind down time. He did do fine at 50's Primetime though, so someday we may give WC a try.

snifflesmcg
07-02-2007, 12:14 PM
For us it would certainly be "as usual". Isn't the zaniness (sp?) of the CMs part of the draw? For us, we're in WDW for the entertainment not the dining (although great dining is a plus).

:ditto:
I've never been there but hope to soon. Part of the attraction to WC is the little show they put on for you. If you didn't want that, there are plenty of places (in WDW and Home) that can give you ribs and corn on the cob.

mook3y
07-02-2007, 12:21 PM
yes it is noisy. If you want a quiet meal, then dont eat here. lol. But, if you are up for fun and want to watch your kids have a blast then have to love the place!

BritCody
07-02-2007, 12:23 PM
All I can say is we need KETCHUP!!!

Tynkerbelle
07-02-2007, 01:15 PM
I'd have to go with the usual - the food is good at WC, but for me the whole point is the antics!

Mickey91
07-02-2007, 01:38 PM
As usual. I would be disappointed if it were quiet.:mickey::mickey:

kaerbear178
07-02-2007, 08:19 PM
I voted for quite since it is just my fiance and me right now. However, if I had kids I would take the other option!

GrmGrninGost
07-03-2007, 07:24 AM
If you want quiet, go to another restaurant! The rollicking atmosphere of WC is wonderful! That is what makes it unique. And, what makes it a draw!:mickey:

SBETigg
07-03-2007, 08:04 AM
I will probably be in the minority here, but I would prefer the quiet night. DH and I aren't into a big shtick with our dinner, which is why we have avoided Whispering Canyon and 50's Prime Time. (Even though I'd like to try the skillet.) I know that a lot of people love these places, just the way they are :)

Oh, I am with you! I don't think they should have a quiet night when the shtick seems to be such a big part of why people go and enjoy-- and what is Disney without some restaurants that do that? But I avoid the shtick that involves loud antics and hassling me at dinner. I know it's all in fun, only playing not actual hassle, but I don't go in for the shtick. I would just choose a different restaurant.

darthmacho
07-03-2007, 04:10 PM
While I'd go to WC simply for the food, no need for a quiet night for me. Take it as it comes.

January-2007
07-03-2007, 04:11 PM
I voted for the quiet night.

luv_cinderella
07-03-2007, 11:41 PM
We'd like it either way, but the option of a "quiet night" would be nice. When we ate breakfast there, we were in the middle of everything. They even made us stand up and they sang "Goin' to the Chapel" to us (it was the morning of our wedding). That was very cool, I will admit! :mickey: However, when we went back for dinner, we were seated in the "back" section which doesn't get all the action... I kinda preferred that for a slightly calmer evening meal.

DessertDivaFL
07-05-2007, 04:35 PM
The name is misleading, right? :confused:

But it is a fun place to eat. I wouldn't want it to change but maybe they should have thought of another name? Can anyone think of a better name?

tinksmom02
07-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Oh, I am with you! I don't think they should have a quiet night when the shtick seems to be such a big part of why people go and enjoy-- and what is Disney without some restaurants that do that? But I avoid the shtick that involves loud antics and hassling me at dinner. I know it's all in fun, only playing not actual hassle, but I don't go in for the shtick. I would just choose a different restaurant.

I completely agree with you, which is why I've never visited WC LOL

WDWfeelslikehome
07-07-2007, 11:37 AM
I can get a quiet restaurant at home, gotta love the unique atmosphere of WC.

mdearmas
08-03-2007, 04:27 PM
I heard that WC is tons of fun so I would say leave it the way it is!
:goofy: