PDA

View Full Version : I feel cursed.

BedknobsandBroomsticks
07-02-2007, 08:03 AM
We've had our confirmed ressie for check-in on Sept. 30th for more than a year now. Missed both promo's and now I feel cursed. If I'd scheduled check in one day earlier... Do you think there will be any sort of promotion for Sept. 30 to something? Any conjecture from past years. I was just wondering.

magicman
07-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Maybe...just maybe...you'll get to be among the first to get in the Haunted Mansion after its refurb.

At any rate, at least you're going to WDW. In my book...that's blessed. I'm hoping to get to go some time next year, but I'd trade any promotion that we're a part of next year for a trip this year.:mickey:

moe513
07-03-2007, 02:12 PM
What about the discount that is out there now. You have to book by july 28. Maybe you should go with magical journeys.

CleveRocks
07-04-2007, 11:28 AM
We've had our confirmed ressie for check-in on Sept. 30th for more than a year now. Missed both promo's and now I feel cursed. If I'd scheduled check in one day earlier... I'll try to make you feel better ....

There's no guarantee that you would have qualified for a promotion, anyway. Discounts and special promotions aren't guaranteed.

Promotions are done to help boost occupancy rate. If enough rooms are already reserved, then Disney won't feel compelled to offer a discount in order to fill more of them. Keep this in mind as you read further.

For each class of room at each resort, Disney has a super secret occupancy rate in mind. If the occupancy rate is already above that figure, then no rooms will be offered at the discounted rate. [EXAMPLE: Let's say you owned a fruit stand and bought 500 pounds of green apples and 500 pounds of red apples. You already sold 450 pounds of the red apples -- you have only 50 pounds left and they're still selling fast. But you are still stuck with 400 pounds of green apples and you're afraid they'll rot before they sell because they're selling so slow. You might choose to sell the green apples at half-price to try to get rid of them, but you'd be a fool to ALSO cut the price of the red apples that are selling just fine on their own. MAKE SENSE???]

For example, let's say you already reserved a water view room at POFQ. And then after you made your reservation let's say that the Free DIning promotion was announced and your check-in date WAS included in it. So let's say you learn this and call Disney and try to get in on the Free Dining. It's possible that when you called you would have been told that no Free Dining water view rooms at POFQ are available for your dates. This would be because, for example, they set the target ocupancy rate at 85%, but 90% of the rooms were already reserved. In that case, Disney didn't feel the need to put those rooms "on sale" because they had already sold enough of them.

So I just want to put your mind at ease that even if you'd made that reservation for one day earlier, there was no guarantee you would have gotten Free Dining or another promotion.