PDA

View Full Version : What would you want to see in an expanded DLR?

WDWizard
07-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Disney will eventually develop new things on the large piece of land it owns near Katella Ave. What would you want to see be built in a newly expanded Disneyland Resort?

Some Ideas...
-A new theme park
-Expanded monorail
-More resort hotels/DVC properties
-A water park
-Another entertainment district

*tinker_belle*
07-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Oh wow i wish they would build another theme park (and not a water park). But also more themed hotels would be nice. And i think we need a Disney Quest. I like how WDW has so many options. DLR doesn't have as much land but there are so many choices as to what to build.

frozman
07-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't want a water park. As for more hotels, I don't know, I think they could add another story to the buildings in DTD as part of an expansion to Grand Californian, so as to not take up that much "precious" real estate.

Anyway, I'd like to see something that has not been done before. In other words NO EPCOT (I HATE EPCOT :mad:) not an MGM Studios (and why, when there's a ToT and Star Tours at DLR already?), and not an animal kingdom. Perhaps a villans park, like was rumored for MGM. Although I wouldn't mind a DisneySea, as most of us here in America will never get to see that one :(

Disney Babe
07-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Actually, I would like to see "The Walt Disney Memorial Museum"! A state of the art museum in honor of the life of Walt, similar to a presidential library. Including personal writings and memoradum, original drawings. I'd like to see different parts of the musuem dedicated to different parts of his life, such as "early childhood" and the first business (Alice). Something lovingly done and so fantasic that Disney fans from around the world would want to come to Anaheim to experience it. Something that really sets Anaheim apart for Orlando.

I would like to see revolving exihibits and, also, being a baby boomer whose family often visited by Disneyland and Knott's (even in one day!), I would like to see this musuem have a special exhibit entitled, "The two Walts of Orange County" that would compare and contrast Walt Disney and Walter Knott.

Chescat
07-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Well unfortunately there is such a place. The Disney family is building or built a museum up in the Presidio area where Lucas moved his Skywalker Ranch (San Francisco area). I heard they moved Disney's office that was here for years up there. I'm not sure why that picked that area, but it might be because Diane Disney Miller lives up there? :confused:

Disney Babe
07-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Gosh darn it! I thought I had a fantastic idea. Is this museum anywhere near the Charles Schulz museum in Santa Rosa? Maybe someday I can take a trip and visit both.

Chescat, I love your new avatar!

autumn
07-03-2007, 06:29 PM
i would really, really like to see some more themed hotels (affordable ones, as long as we are dreaming, here). wdw has so many really cool themes that are carried out so completely and so well, but dl hotels are kind of weak, comparitively, except for the grand californian.

i also would love to see some vintage rides come back, maybe in a 'history of disneyland' park. it pretty much stinks as a theme for a park, but i would love carousel of progress and some of the others to resurrected anyway.

LibertyTreeGal
07-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Value themed resorts definitely!

Chescat
07-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Gosh darn it! I thought I had a fantastic idea. Is this museum anywhere near the Charles Schulz museum in Santa Rosa? Maybe someday I can take a trip and visit both.

Chescat, I love your new avatar!
Thanks! It was a selection in the avatar list. I have seen this before and loved it. Got it as a sticker from Disney people at a convention I went too. I have it up on my board here at work.

Those two museums aren't that far apart. I think its do able. They are about an hour away. If my memory serves me right, isn't Presidio just by the Golden Gate Bridge on the San Francisco side? Been a while. Not sure how far along the museum is building wise or if its even open yet.

Lulie
07-22-2007, 02:43 PM
I would like to see a few moderate hotels.

aprilshowers93
07-24-2007, 12:44 PM
I think, as far as the land goes by katella ave., should be a 3rd theme park. I also agree with most of the other posts. Not a water park, not a "westcot" if I want to go to epcot, I can go to florida, not a studios park, we already have a small version in dca and not an animal kingdom. I think disneyland and disney world should differ. I keeps people coming back to both places and gives them a reason to come to both. I'm not sure I like the idea of a villains park, I mean where is the dreams and magic in villains?, but I do want a whole new theme that hasn't been done before. Anywhere. This is where those imagineers who are paid, and paid well to come up with great ideas come in.
As far as hotels go, I agree some more themeing is needed. (A rumor is out there that in the next 3 years a total redo of the disneyland hotel will happen. The towers names will change to the magic tower, dream tower, and wonder tower in the process.) I think other hotels they plan to build in the future are set for south of the Paradise Pier Hotel)

Mufasa
07-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Well unfortunately there is such a place. The Disney family is building or built a museum up in the Presidio area where Lucas moved his Skywalker Ranch (San Francisco area). I heard they moved Disney's office that was here for years up there. I'm not sure why that picked that area, but it might be because Diane Disney Miller lives up there? :confused:

The original concept for a Walt Disney Family Museum and Library was to have it designed as a small, walk-in office style space but it was quickly determined that it wouldn't meet the demands of visitors.

I believe the last I've heard of the museum project is that they hope to open by August 2009 (some of the initial rehab work was to have started this spring).

They plan to rehab 3 buildings on the site to support the museum operations, including one of the former barracks- building 104 which along with a new structure to be built will be the heart of the museum.

The other buildings as part of the deal I think are 122 to be primarily as a research archive/outreach center, and 108 which is just a very small, former electric shop/shed that would be turned into a machine room for stuff like HVAC for the museum complex.

Since about 2001, the Disney family has already leased a small, unmarked warehouse on the Presidio complex to house a lot of artifacts that are hoped to be part of the museum's collection.