PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point or Jiko

Kairi_7378
07-01-2007, 09:42 PM
If you had to choose between these two restaurants, which would you pick, and why? This would be a dinner for DH and I. Both of us are adventurous eaters who would like to see AKL or WL on this trip. (Also have a reservation for CA Grill.)

Spaceship Tigger
07-02-2007, 07:30 AM
I've never been to Jiko even though I hear it's very good. But I just find the menu at Artist Point to be more appealing overall, and the setting is great inside, especially if you can get a view of the waterfall.

TheSorcererofFantasia
07-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Jiko is my all time favorite restaurant on property. Have found the atmosphere, service, food and wine selection to be fantastic. Was a long time California Grill fan but Jiko has managed to edge them out. :)

I've yet to try Artist Point as I find the menu more appealing at other locations but I will fit it in one of these trips.

sillyolbear
07-02-2007, 08:54 AM
We tried Jiko for the first time last year and thought it was good. Artist Point is an old favorite.

Jiko does have an impressive wine list.

KAT1811
07-02-2007, 10:12 AM
For me I'd pick Jiko for two reasons:

1.) The menu appeals to me more than Artist Point

2.) I'd love to check out the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Crow
07-02-2007, 10:32 AM
AP
it was one of the first of the more upscale id guess youd say places i tried. 2 meals both were good. the portobello soup is amazing, wine flights. the ambiance of WL, taking a boat from MK there....
Jiko was good also...but
its further.
my ex works at AKL, we had dates at Jiko so......
the filet was good.

LandFan
07-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Jiko. AKL is amazing and the food is fabulous!

Joanna
07-02-2007, 10:38 AM
We always eat at JIKO because we love the ambience, the food is incredible and we love the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We like sitting by the fire and going out to see the animals. There are so many favorites on the menu that I always have a hard time deciding! -- and if I try something new, it immediately becomes another favorite!

SBETigg
07-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Jiko's award-winning chef is leaving soon(or may have already left) to take a position developing menus for a popular restaurant chain. I would anticipate changes coming for the Jiko menu with the arrival of a new chef. It would have been my automatic pick but now I am torn.

Kairi_7378
07-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Jiko's award-winning chef is leaving soon(or may have already left) to take a position developing menus for a popular restaurant chain. I would anticipate changes coming for the Jiko menu with the arrival of a new chef. It would have been my automatic pick but now I am torn.
That is why I am torn, too! Thanks for your help, everyone!

OogieBoogieMan
07-07-2007, 09:39 PM
AP has been our favorite for quite some time but I have to say Jiko is giving it a run for its money. The deciding factor for me with regard to your question is the fact that you will be going to CG as well. While CG and AP are very different restaurants, Jiko differentiates itself even further from both of them. There are just a number of things you will find on the menu that you don't find anywhere else. You can't go wrong with either spot, but in my opinion Jiko is the better choice here.

Tynkerbelle
07-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Jiko - the menu is interesting and the service is good, not to mention the location.

moe513
07-09-2007, 09:58 AM
great question. I was interested if jikos myself.

Mickey91
07-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Artist Point! We ahve always wanted to eat there! And, it is in our favorite resort, WL!!:mickey:

rnin02
07-11-2007, 12:11 AM
We tried Jiko last trip and loved it. This year we are trying Artist Point...hopefully will love that too! I think if you eat at both California Grill and Artist Point it might be a little too similar...if you are looking for something different, I think Jiko will be perfect for that.

Natazu
07-11-2007, 05:05 AM
I think it really comes down to the menus and what items really appeal to you. Both of these restaurants have excellent food and service so you really can't go wrong.

Kairi_7378
07-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Last night, I was about to call the dining number when DH asked to look at the menus one more time. All of a sudden, he said, "Artist's Point has BUFFALO! We HAVE to go to the place that serves buffalo!" (I had forgotten that DH recently discovered that he likes buffalo burgers.) We got a reservation for 5:30 on our arrival day, so after dinner we can take the boat to the MK for EMH's.
We decided to try Jiko on ur next trip, once the new chef gets settled in.

Dicecatt262
07-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Wow, this is a tough one. They are both great. I chose Artist Point, because I'm more likely to return there. Jiko was fantastic, great service, great steak...fun kid food (red and green bread on the PBJ). Artist Point was wonderful, great pork chop, wonderful view, service was outstanding. I'd go with Artist Point if I had to choose again, but it is close!

darthmacho
07-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Jiko is probably a great restaurant, but Artist Point is our favorite in all of WDW!

mudpuppysmom
07-11-2007, 02:26 PM
I think it really comes down to the menus and what items really appeal to you. Both of these restaurants have excellent food and service so you really can't go wrong.

I too thought this would be what would single one out for us, however after trying AP the DH likes them both, but AP just did nothing for me. The food was fine, the service was fine, the view was fine, I guess the checkin wait time was it for me, we waited almost 45 minutes to be seated (with a ressie).

At Jiko we've never waited for more than 5 minutes, the service has been outstanding, DS eats what he orders with no arguments, the food it just awesome and the ambience just relaxes me more.

I think it's a feel thing.......where you feel relaxed is what keeps me going back to Jiko!