PDA

View Full Version : Matching T-Shirts

KAT1811
07-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Does anyone do matching t-shirts for their family? We are going as a Grand Gathering :grouphug: this fall :fall: (9 of us) and I was thinking about getting us matching shirts with something personal on them (name of gathering on back and our name on front). Stupid or cute? :goof: If anyone has done them and has a good site to order them from could you please PM me with the info? :shop: We range in age from 58 - 7 months and I thought it might be kind of fun. What do you all think?

MauiMouse
07-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I did it with two of my friends back in 2003, it was fun. I'll send you a PM from a website that does Disney t-shirts. You can customize them with all sorts of various Characters.

:mickey:

KAT1811
07-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Thank you!!!

Disney Doll
07-02-2007, 02:22 PM
It's not for me, but I always think it's cute when I see other families with matching shirts. Sounds like something fun to design. Enjoy!

DISFREAKS
07-02-2007, 09:14 PM
My family always wears matching T shirts on the day we go to MK. We have fun with it. Check the Outlet section on Disneyshopping.com, they have shirts that you can personalize pretty cheap.

snifflesmcg
07-02-2007, 09:19 PM
WDW is all about being cheesey and corny....I say go for it!!:thumbsup: I thought about getting matching shirts for my BF and I for our MK day. I'm still debating it.

DSNYMOM4JJ
07-02-2007, 09:40 PM
My family is going to do a Grand Gathering this fall and we will have 8 in our group. We are all going to have matching t-shirts on each day, but we have decided for safety reasons not to put our names on our shirts. By placing names on the kids shirts we are afraid someone might say for instance "suzie your mommy told me to come get you" and walk away with our child if they become lost or wonder a little to far....now mind you we keep a tight watch but you never know?! Same things with nicknames just not a good idea.

This year we are doing a theme however and have decided SW and the 7 dwarfs, we are all getting disney pins to wear on our lanyards with our character..our boys pins will just be put up for safe keeping.

Hope this helps...good luck and enjoy your trip!:mickey:

ILoveLegos
07-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Yep, I think the matching shirt thingy is a lot of fun - but I only bought the shirts for our party of four with the understanding that each person was free to wear it if they wanted to on the morning we had an ADR at the Crystal Palace. Much to my delight everyone agreed to wear them and the pictures camew out soo cute! It was a chilly January day so we had sweatshirts on for most of the day over the shirts, but when we rode the Pooh ride we made sure we showed our support for our main bear! During the trip we purposely bought matching shirts and really liked dressing alike, besides we all had a nice souvenier of our happy times together in the Magic Kingdom. PS - I got the shirts on discount through www.disneyshopping.com!

Tink#64
07-04-2007, 12:12 AM
We got matching shirts for the 4 of us last year. We ordered them through the Disney catalog. They were adorable. Had Mickey & pals on the front & they said Our WDW Vacation, with our last name & the year! I wear mine all the time at home - DS's & DH wear them occassionally. But we got some great pix of the 4 of us in our cute matching shirts at WDW! To me - that's priceless!:mickey:

DisneyDreams09
07-04-2007, 12:48 AM
I saw on www.disneyshopping.com that they had these customizable short sleeve polos
and they are actually embroidered, not just ironed on, you get to pick a character and like up to 8 letters in either block or script, and i think right now if you buy more than one they are 12.50 each and watch for special shipping, i think it is free over $75 but sometimes they have flat $5.00 shipping sometimes,

I know t-shirts are usually less expensive, but I like how much classier these look and at $12.50 each is pretty good, and my mom bought a shirt at MK almost identical that wasn't personalized for almost $50

Hope this helps! :mickey:

Belle--86
07-04-2007, 04:13 PM
We bought matching shirts (DH.DD.DD And me) for our first day at MK-- first time do this we each have our favorite color and their customized with our names.:mickey: We purchased them on zazzle sight. We also purchased shirts for the girls; personilized through Disney shopping .com.

KAT1811
07-04-2007, 08:09 PM
We got matching shirts for the 4 of us last year. We ordered them through the Disney catalog. They were adorable. Had Mickey & pals on the front & they said Our WDW Vacation, with our last name & the year! I wear mine all the time at home - DS's & DH wear them occassionally. But we got some great pix of the 4 of us in our cute matching shirts at WDW! To me - that's priceless!:mickey:

I can't seem to find where I can get a t-shirt made for all of us with our names on the front and our gathering name and year on the back. Could you please PM me with the info for where you had your t-shirts done. I tried that "other" site but I can only have our name on the front with a character, I really want our gathering name on the back with the year.

princessjojo
07-05-2007, 11:34 AM
:goof: We do it! Yes it's cheesy but do I care?, NO!!! It's all fun. I was just talking about this yesterday with my older DS. We are going to have a Magical Gathering next June and I am going to get shirts made for all of the kids for every day. I found a website that has a "Disney type" font and I'm going to put their names on it in those letters. I can't wait to get started. My sister and I are getting together next weekend to start planning and choosing shirts. DH hates it, but does it and doens't say anything. Many times, his shirt isn't quite the same, but it's very similiar. I don't think I will be able to get the adults to wear one each day, but the kids will. I am so excited to start.

GO AHEAD!!! Yes it's cheesy, but who cares.

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-05-2007, 11:47 AM
I ordered matching tshirts for my kids for our upcoming trip. Not only is it cute, but I think it will make it easy to keep an eye on them. Also makes great photos.

FYI: I ordered the "logo tee" on disneyshopping.com for about $5 each. The sizes ran really, really big. The XXS that is supposed to fit like a 2T actually fits more like a 5T!!

Perhaps this is why they are on sale . . .

CrazyStitch
07-05-2007, 11:52 AM
My family is doing this, but a little different. The boys match, and the girls match. We went to the local Disney store and got shirts from the Tiki Kingdom line. The girls will be wearing Tiki Eeyore, and the boys will be wearing Tiki Cpt. Jack Sparrow.

Figgyluv03
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I did it with two of my friends back in 2003, it was fun. I'll send you a PM from a website that does Disney t-shirts. You can customize them with all sorts of various Characters.

:mickey:
Can you send me the link too! DBF and I are going next year and the only shirts I'm sure he's going to bring are his fire department shirts! :shake:

biodtl
07-05-2007, 07:11 PM
We've never done t-shirts, but last year on the day that we went to the luau, we wore matching print hawaiian shirst/dresses. A photo from that day went on our Christmas card.

cindyrellinut
07-06-2007, 08:41 PM
I actually made t-shirts for my family for our upcoming trip. They are tie dye t-shirts with a mickey head in the middle. They came out great. We have done the matching t-shirt thing on a previous vacation and it was a great hit. To make 5 shirts cost me less than $20.:thumbsup:

biodtl
07-07-2007, 06:20 PM
We went to the local Disney store and got shirts from the Tiki Kingdom line.
FYI - these shirts are now $2.99! I bought a bunch today.

little disney lovers
07-07-2007, 06:58 PM
If you are handy you can make your own. Just buy some of those pretty crystals and use fabric glue to arrange them in a shape on the front, maybe a mickey head? Then do the same with your family name, or whatever on the back. You could also use buttons, etc....
A friend of mine did it for another vacation and I thought they looked cute.

KAT1811
07-08-2007, 08:45 AM
If you are handy you can make your own. Just buy some of those pretty crystals and use fabric glue to arrange them in a shape on the front, maybe a mickey head? Then do the same with your family name, or whatever on the back. You could also use buttons, etc....
A friend of mine did it for another vacation and I thought they looked cute.

P.S. - I'm not handy (or creative) like that. While I am quite talented at other things I'm sure they would be a disaster!!! Great idea for those of you who are.

Mickey91
07-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I think it sounds like fun!! My immediate family would love it. If my mom and sister ever go again, they would hate it! Maybe you should see if everyone in your group would like it.:mickey:

floogen6
08-01-2007, 11:03 AM
When we were there last August we had matching colored shirts every day that we were there. It made it easy for the four kids to get dressed since they each picked out a color and then DW and I drew straws so they could pick the day they wanted their color to be worn. On the lighter side it made it easier to spot one of the kids if they got a little bit away from us. We are the ringleaders for a GG next December and we have already told folks to think of colors for their shirts...

tinksmom02
08-01-2007, 09:52 PM
regarding another posters concerns about kids' names:

My dad had shirts made up for us (at a local store, the owner's a friend), and the front said, in Disney script, "Christi's Disney Trip '07" in pink. The backs of most of the shirts said "I'm with Christi." Mine said, "I'm Christi."

I was glad he did it that way, and it really was my trip LOL cause I did all the planning. It was cute and personal, without giving out DD's personal info (well, except for mom's name LOL), but it wasn't over-the-top. The shirts were gray, with pink lettering.