PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to the Poly lately?

Jen C.
07-01-2007, 05:41 PM
We are scheduled to return to the Poly in Aug. Our last stay there was two years ago. We were there during the rehab, and got an older room. At the time, it was still the old Captian Cooks as well. During our stay, which we enjoyed, we experienced some less than stellar customer service. I'm reading in many areas that there was an ongoing, widespread problem with customer service the past year or 18 months or so, and that there staff turnover was very high, which may have attributed to this.
I'm curious of those of you who have been recently, (last 6 months or so) how was your total Poly experience? Thanks in advance for sharing!

SodaPopMGK
07-01-2007, 07:28 PM
My family stayed at the Poly in April and our experience was great. We stayed club level and found the staff very helpful, I became ill and they changed around our ADR's, including HDD without any problem. The CM's at Captain Cook's were very accomodating with our son's food allergies, they would call a chef down from upstairs to go over the menu choices with him and the chef would then oversee the preparation of his food. Have a great trip and I hope your experience is as wonderful as ours.

mrsgaribaldi
07-01-2007, 10:26 PM
We were there in January for our first time and just loved it. I thought the CMs were great. Sometimes they were so friendly and I was so tired that I would jokingly tell my DH if another one says "aloha" I'm going to smack them. But I was just kidding. The food court was really nice too. Very fast service with a nice size selection and good food:thumbsup: Overall we had nothing but good experiences and I fell in love with the place. It's my favorite resort and I wish we could stay there on every trip:blush:

liz
07-01-2007, 10:59 PM
It's been about 9 months since my last visit to the Poly but I can tell you, the place looks GORGEOUS, the rooms are awesome and you will have a great time!! The CMs have always been very friendly in my experience :mickey:

tikiman
07-02-2007, 09:40 AM
I was there in December and this May and there were still a few new details at the entrance and monorail station they were working on but they are done now. Everything looks great and my experience with the staff was great and the reports I have been reading lately have been very good.

psychotekkie
07-02-2007, 12:34 PM
The rehabs are be-u-tiful!! We had no problem with any staff member. On the contrary, they were very polite and helpful and patient with us when we erased our room cards 3 times! (Didn't know walkie talkies have magnets in them)! One front desk gentleman noticed my son was tired and glum so he gave him a whole roll of Mickey stickers!

MickeyMousse
07-02-2007, 12:50 PM
My friend just came back from a stay there from 6/17-6/27 and said that her room was beautiful and commented on how clean everything was, right down to the sand! :thumbsup: I just asked her about the CM's and she said that they were extremely nice and friendly. No problems to report so ENJOY!!!! :mickey:

SurferStitch
07-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Oooooohhhhh........

I am SOOOOO glad to be reading these reviews!! DH and I are staying there for the very first time this December, and we are really excited!! We saw some pics of the new rooms, and they look beautiful.

We were torn between the Flo and the Poly, but decided to try something new this year (we've done the Flo many times). Also, considering we were going to be staying at Pop originally, the price jump to the Poly was big enough....and still several hundred less than the Flo. So, we are Poly bound, and looking forward to staying in the home of Stitch!! :stitch2:

Jen C.
07-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks so much to all! I am so happy to hear these glowing reviews! I knew that it must've been a fluke that we weren't absolutely thrilled the last time. I'm glad to hear that the problems have been ironed out. I know when people are so used to perfection, they tend to get overly picky! Anyway, I truly look forward to the trip! Thanks a million!