PDA

View Full Version : Chip & Dale Campfire?

Lorraine444
07-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Has anyone ever done the Chip & Dale :dale::chip:campfire:camp: sing a long & movie under the stars & WL?
Is it fun?

ibrowse17
07-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Having stayed at Fort Wilderness many times, we have done this. It is a nice way to wrap up a day, and I think you would enjoy it:thumbsup:

wdw_bound
07-01-2007, 10:54 AM
To clarify, it's at Ft. Wilderness, not WL.

We went on our last trip, and it was really neat. We missed Chip & Dale, but got there in time for the sing-along and still loved it. It reminded me of the Mickey Mouse Club TV show reruns I watched as a kid in the 70s - very wholesome, Rockwellian type of stuff, kind of like being at sleep-away camp. The movie was Herbie the Love Bug (the Buddy Hacket original), and the kids loved making smores.

DD8 and DH stayed for the whole movie, DS2 conked out, so I took the bus back to our resort early. We had no problems with transportation. Definitely a family togetherness highlight of the trip!

Lorraine444
07-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the correction!
I'll make note.

casey@bat
07-11-2007, 10:06 PM
It is great and it is FREE!!!!

ftwildernesskid
07-12-2007, 12:38 PM
The movie/campfire/singalongs were some of my best memories from when I was a little girl. My kids have never been, but I'm planning on taking them on our November trip.

DestinationWDW
07-12-2007, 07:17 PM
It is well worth it! As mentioned it is free and a relaxing way to wrap up the night. We did this when our older two were 4 & 6 and are looking forward to it again in just 24 SHORT DAYS!!!!!
If you are there during Halloween Season there are pumpkin carving contests and haunted hay rides!!!! Can bring your own smore fixings or purchase some there - or bring some other snacks to munch to watch movie by. Can google Jeff Spencer Fort Wilderness FAQ to see some pics of where the "event" is held! Great fun!!!! :chipdale::camp::popcorn: