PDA

View Full Version : On The Road Again

wizardmickey
07-01-2007, 12:58 AM
Ice here, on yet another fascinating road trip to Houston!
My "Best Half" used up some of her hotel points to treat me to a fancy Marriott in Downtown Houston for my birthday weekend. As part of my special weekend, I of course already got the new guitar & effects pedals; we went to Trader's Village where The Fab 5 (anybody else seen them? I saw them at EPCOT) was doing a 4 hour show (out of their Beatle costumes.) Hit a giant comic book store & bought some cool graphic novels, hit the Hard Rock Cafe & saw a lot of cool Beatle & KISS memorabilia, a nap & then late dinner at a little Mom & Pop Italian resteraunt. Tomorrow we hit the downtown Aqaurium & Guitar Center again, as well as some fine eateries and the Disney Store in the Galleria.
So, if y'all have wondered why I ain't on full blast this weekend (you have missed my presence haven't you? Anyone...?) now you know why! See ya soon (and Pirate & Cactus... or Ice Tea & Lemon, make sure to keep rocking!)

chrisb26
07-01-2007, 02:00 AM
sounds like fun Ice and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ICE DUDE!!!

Hope you had a great birthday! and have a great time!

Chescat
07-01-2007, 02:04 AM
Oh man, we missed your birthday. I've had to many interruptions the last two weeks.

Happy Belate Birthday Ice! :cake::cake::birthday:

Need to start working on that Ice Bus of yours, so you and the Ice Dudes band have a place to hang out. Dino, you need to practice your security, you let Terri.M, the roady get by last time. :D

Jeremy
07-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Hey brother ice:cool:
:party:Happy Birthday to you dude.:party:
looks like your coming to my town WOOT!:thumbsup:

Hope you have a great time.
from your little brother ice tea:)

jjramsey
07-01-2007, 07:04 PM
:party: Happy Biiirthdayyyyyyy!!!!! :party:

wizardmickey
07-01-2007, 11:58 PM
The Next Day:
Coffee at Starbucks in the lobby & sat and listened to a jazz quartet playing for our breakfast luncheon. Now, I am a rocker by nature, but still love world music & jazz now & then! Then it was off to adventure...
Hit Disney Store 1st... a bit of a disappointment from the last time we were here. Very few decent items for us big kids, but still managed to find a few things for us & all of the nephews & nieces.
The Aquarium Downtown was nice, very clean & great usage of what little space they had amidst the skyscrapers. They had a ferris wheel, carrousel, a Mali-boomer type ride (but maybe 15-20 feet high), a train that went through a shark exhibit tunnel & some cool scenery, and some nice exhibits inside the aqaurium. Had lunch there and some :marg::marg: and it was one of the best meals we've had all weekend!
On the way back we hit the Guitar Center where I once again spent way too much money! Got back to the hotel, hit the pool & jaccuzi, relaxed for a while & then had dinner at BeniHana's.
Tomorrow we sleep in late & eventually head for home.
Thanks for the B-Day wishes! It was indeed an awesome weekend for me. BTW: The day of my B-Day the band wanted to have practice, so I showed up... set-up my stuff... they wanted to go inside before we started playing, where they surprised by having everyone singing Happy Birthday & a cake! Ya had a B-Day until ya've had a bunch of ancient rockers sing the birthday song!

terri.m
07-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Dino, you need to practice your security, you let Terri.M, the roady get by last time. :D

:( but i'm a nice roady...

Glad you had a wonderful time Ice!

wizardmickey
07-02-2007, 01:30 AM
Y'know we are talking about roadies and not groupies, right? Roadies are GOOD! They help ferry equipment & fetch things for the band. Groupies (at my age & in my case) are BAD! I won't go into great descriptive details ;) !

chrisb26
07-02-2007, 01:39 AM
Dino, you need to practice your security, you let Terri.M, the roady get by last time. :D

I would love to practice my securty however if you remember a little incident I was having a great time skating in your room then wham i fell. Now im injured and well I can't stop the roadies that are the evil kind almost like groupies :eek: they are going to be attacking the band it will be crazy. I dont know what to do. Hopefully when I take cat to the cleaners I will be able to get enough money to pay for my bills and be a better security guy then ever. :D

RicksCafe
07-02-2007, 01:49 AM
Aww... I want a groupie!

Do I need to have a group first? Cause that could be a problem.

"Groupie." Hehe... that's fun to say! "Groupie."

Ricks (who does enjoy a spicy grilled grouper)

Chescat
07-02-2007, 01:55 AM
I would love to practice my securty however if you remember a little incident I was having a great time skating in your room then wham i fell. Now im injured and well I can't stop the roadies that are the evil kind almost like groupies :eek: they are going to be attacking the band it will be crazy. I dont know what to do. Hopefully when I take cat to the cleaners I will be able to get enough money to pay for my bills and be a better security guy then ever. :D
Okay get over it. My lawyer, named Shark wants to take a bite out you. The sign was there skate at your own risk. ;)

Tink's Mom
07-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Happy Birthday Ice! :cake:

RenDuran
07-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Happy Birthday! :party: Sorry I'm late.....

terri.m
07-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Y'know we are talking about roadies and not groupies, right? Roadies are GOOD! They help ferry equipment & fetch things for the band. Groupies (at my age & in my case) are BAD! I won't go into great descriptive details ;) !

SEE!! I'm good!! Now you have to let me by the band dino or my law talking guy will be after you!

wizardmickey
07-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Let me see here;

DINO: Hopefully when I take cat to the cleaners I will be able to get enough money to pay for my bills and be a better security guy then ever. Dude, depending on how much money you get (if you can get past that "Shark", you can hire your own security to do security for you... like subcontracting!

RICKS: Do I need to have a group first? Cause that could be a problem.
Well, a lot of singular/solo artists also have groupies, and I understand that from the rear your view is quite famous, so by that definition you could probably muster up a few bootie groupies! Groupies... a fun word & once upon a time a fun activity...

TEA: SEE!! I'm good!! Now you have to let me by the band dino or my law talking guy will be after you!
Now kids, we haveta work together to keep out the riff-raff, and since I will assume that none amongst our happy little Intercot/VMK family falls into that category... uh, what was I saying?
And thanks again for the B-Day wishes & the Party last nite! We are home again (boo hoo) and life begins again tomorrow. I already have my MRI lined up for Thursday & then results next week, so now cross your collective fingers!

Dracula766
07-02-2007, 10:33 PM
which comic shop did you hit? Nan's or 3rd Planet?

wizardmickey
07-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Dracula766; which comic shop did you hit? Nan's or 3rd Planet?
Bedrock on Westheimer & Hillcroft.
I've heard of 3rd Planet, but not the other one. Are they in the Houston area too? Are they bigger/better than Bedrock?

PinkJJ
07-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Okay get over it. My lawyer, named Shark wants to take a bite out you. The sign was there skate at your own risk. ;)

Uh, Cat? Is Lawyer Shark a distant cousin to Loan Shark? :confused:

Groupies... a fun word & once upon a time a fun activity...

Oh, Ice! :noevil:

You have completey ruined that squeeky clean image I had of you. :faint:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Oh no! I can't believe I missed this. :I Sorry ice, summer school and swimming beating me down.. :birthday: :cake: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ICE! :party:

Dracula766
07-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Bedrock on Westheimer & Hillcroft.
I've heard of 3rd Planet, but not the other one. Are they in the Houston area too? Are they bigger/better than Bedrock?

I haven't been to that Bedrock City in years. The one in Clear Lake is a good one though.

3rd Planet is HUGE! It's a blue building on 59 near Kirby. They have almost everything there.
Nan's is down the street and has a really good selection of stuff too. :thumbsup:

RicksCafe
07-04-2007, 01:54 AM
I have few good things to say about Houston, but if you ever make it to San Antonio...

...and you're on the 23rd floor of the Holiday Inn at the Riverwalk...

...and you're out on the balcony at midnight...

...spit over the railing for me, would ya? Ah. Good times, good times.

Oh, but don't mention the name RicksCafe to the manager of The St. Anthony Hotel. He's still sore about what I did to their revolving door.

Gosh... I have got to get back to San Antone.

Ricks (who, deep within his heart, has a melody)

Patricia
07-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Happy belated Birthday Ice!

Sounds like a fun time!

wizardmickey
07-05-2007, 01:08 AM
PINKJJ: Oh, Ice!
You have completey ruined that squeeky clean image I had of you.
Wherever did you get that impression anyway?? Who's doing my PR these days?

DRACULA766: 3rd Planet is HUGE! It's a blue building on 59 near Kirby. They have almost everything there.
Nan's is down the street and has a really good selection of stuff too.
Next time I am that way then, I'll haveta search them out.
And Ricks ol' bean, I'd never spit from a balcony, but I will admit there was a full moon shing from the 3rd floor window of the Westchase Marriott last weekend!

mickeynuts
07-06-2007, 10:39 PM
I have few good things to say about Houston, but if you ever make it to San Antonio...

...and you're on the 23rd floor of the Holiday Inn at the Riverwalk...

...and you're out on the balcony at midnight...

...spit over the railing for me, would ya? Ah. Good times, good times.

Oh, but don't mention the name RicksCafe to the manager of The St. Anthony Hotel. He's still sore about what I did to their revolving door.

Gosh... I have got to get back to San Antone.

Ricks (who, deep within his heart, has a melody)

Arg that's what hit me on the head that night, bad Tricks!