PDA

View Full Version : DD had a minor bike accident

RedSoxFan
06-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Kourtney left to go bike riding with 3 of her friends and an adult and no sooner got off the street and fell off her brand new bike. She fell on her side, blacked out, and hurt her arm. I took her to urgent care where they took x-rays. She has too much fluid in her elbow so they don't know if it's a bad sprain or broken. I have to call the orthopedic doctor on Monday to make an appt. She also has a slight concussion. She is doing better now. Her leg and arm are scraped up as is her chin as she hit her head also. And yes, she did have her helmet on -- it could have been a lot worse where she hit her head.

disneydeb
06-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Poor Baby! Here's some Pixie Dust to help her feel better soon!:pixie:

Christine
06-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Oh no! Here's some :pixie: for her to heal up quickly!

ElenitaB
06-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Oh my! Here's some quick healing, no hurting :pixie: ! Hope she's feeling better soon!

SodaPopMGK
06-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Thank goodness she was wearing her helmet. Here's some :pixie::pixie: for good news from the orthopedist on Monday and a quick recovery.

Tinkermom
06-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Oh my goodness! I am so glad to hear she is ok! How scary as a parent though. Here is some healing pixie dust. :pixie:

I am going to read this post to my kids just to reinforce the importance of wearing their helmets.

Dizneyfan
06-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Hope Kourtney is O.K.:mickey:

Sending some :tink: your way.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-30-2007, 11:26 PM
How scary for both of you. Here hoping she doesn't have any broken bones.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Beast_fanatic
06-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Lots of :pixie: for Kourtney! Hope she feels better soon!

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2007, 06:18 AM
Thank goodness for that helmet! I am sorry that she is hurting. I hope you get good news at the doctor tomorrow and that her pain level is manageable for her. :pixie:

iheartmickey
07-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Hope she's feeling better soon .... and some :pixie:for her appt. on Monday!

MsMin
07-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh no :jaw: :pixie: I can't believe she had her helmet on and still got a slight concussion. She must have had a horrible fall... Hate to think of what could have happened without the helmet.
So happy she had it on...
More :pixie: hope she feels better soon and she checks out fine at the dr!

Mickey'sGirl
07-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Thank goodness for that helmet! I am sorry that she is hurting. I hope you get good news at the doctor tomorrow and that her pain level is manageable for her. :pixie:You took the words out of my mouth. :pixie: for Kourtney !!

mrsgaribaldi
07-02-2007, 01:46 AM
Here's some :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:for her speedy recovery.
When I was a teenager I used to ride my bike all the time until I had a bad accident. I never rode it again after that, I was too afraid. Make sure she gets back on it when she is able, I would hate for that to happen to her.

conorsmom2000
07-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Poor Kourtney!!! I'm so sorry to hear this - hopefully the arm isn't broken! Here's hoping that she's feeling better very soon! :pixie::pixie::pixie: Let us know how she's doing!

I was too afraid. Make sure she gets back on it when she is able, I would hate for that to happen to her.

I was going to say that too because the same thing happened to Conor. He had a bad fall when he was 5 (hit a bump and flipped right off the front of the bike - he was pretty cut up and very frightened). Two years later and we've only managed to get him on his bike maybe 4 times since then - and he will only ride in a park, still with his training wheels - he flat out refuses to ride on a sidewalk anymore. :(

Jeri Lynn
07-02-2007, 07:05 AM
I hope Kourtney feels better soon!! That must have been scarey!

RedSoxFan
07-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Kourtney went to the orthopedic doctor yesterday and they thought for sure it was broken above the elbow because of the blood on the x-ray (can't see the bone because of the blood). But because she is no longer in pain and can move her arm freely, they are not thinking that it is not broken. They will do another x-ray on July 11. In the meantime, she is refrained from riding her bike, sports or anything else that will cause injury to her arm. Thanks for all the pixie dust -- it must have worked. And Kourtney loved reading all the well wishes.:mickey:

mtown71
07-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear about her accident. I will pray that it isn't broken. I broke my elbow while rollerblading. Pixie dust on the way!! Let us know what happens at her follow up!

mrsgaribaldi
07-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Great news:mickey:I'm glad that she's feeling better. Hi Kourtney:wave::bike:

princessgirls
07-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Glad Kourtney is feeling better!!

No fun with any broken bones!

Madison just got her cast off after 4 weeks from a monkey bar accident... What is she doing today :( hanging from monkey bars.

Oh, to be 5 and carefree again!!

Feel better soon Kourtney! Glad you were wearing your helmet.

Julie:mickey: