PDA

View Full Version : First Car in BTMRR

Disney Babe
06-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Just wondering.....

Does anyone else see the first car in Big Thunder as jinxed because of the accident in the past? Do you feel weird about sitting there? If you get told by a CM to stand in row one, would you ask for a different car?

DoomBuggyDude
06-30-2007, 08:37 PM
They recognize me every time I go over there
and they always put me in 1,1. It's happened so
many times I don't even give it a second thought
anymore.

I will admit that on some of those curves the
faux engine shell tends to shimmy a little and
I have to remind myself it's just a piece of
aluminum decor and not an important part of
the coaster..

Pretty much "over it".

kandokat
06-30-2007, 11:18 PM
I know. The first time I went on after the accident I was nervous but know that they fixed the problem so that we are safe. I don't think I have sat in the first car but I could be wrong.

:coaster:

NotaGeek
07-01-2007, 01:43 PM
I prefer to sit in the Death Seat. But, I am not scared ... I spend so much time laughing If forget to be scared. AND, I think at some point you have to trust that the if there is an accident, the rides are safe, there are far worse things to worry about ... like trying to cross the street on Harbor to get to the Park!

kandokat
07-01-2007, 02:39 PM
I know this is off topic but what ever did cause the accident on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad?

:goofy:

Disneyluvr2
07-01-2007, 07:43 PM
there are far worse things to worry about ... like trying to cross the street on Harbor to get to the Park!

LOL!!! Boy, you can say that again!:D

NotaGeek
07-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I know this is off topic but what ever did cause the accident on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad?

:goofy:

You can Google it and find out all the info, or I did a search here and INTERCOT and found an Old Thread (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=41359&highlight=thunder+accident) talking about the accident. I would rather not have this thread turn into a retelling of that horrible accident.

Disney Babe
07-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Kandokat, if you Google ride accidents you will find at least one website that lists accidents that took place various amusement parks, not just Disney Parks.

Notageek, why do you prefer that car? Is the ride better for you? I have been in that car once, before the accident, and thought the view was sort of blocked. I like the middle, but towards the back. A couple of times I was put in the last car, which was not so fun.

I never thought about it before, but I could ride the first car in honor of the unfortunate young man. Offer up a little prayer for him and say, "This one's for you!"

NotaGeek
07-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Kandokat, if you Google ride accidents you will find at least one website that lists accidents that took place various amusement parks, not just Disney Parks.

Notageek, why do you prefer that car? Is the ride better for you? I have been in that car once, before the accident, and thought the view was sort of blocked. I like the middle, but towards the back. A couple of times I was put in the last car, which was not so fun.

I never thought about it before, but I could ride the first car in honor of the unfortunate young man. Offer up a little prayer for him and say, "This one's for you!"

I just think it's a more fun ride than the last car IMHO. The last car is a bit too whip-lashy for me.