PDA

View Full Version : Making ADRs with friends

Mousefever
06-30-2007, 06:07 PM
I would like to make some ADRs with friends who will be at DW at the same time. They have not booked a reservation yet and I don't even know whether they will want to eat at the same places as us. We plan on comparing notes later this month. My question is, will I be able to make ADRs for seven people, even though our family is only three? I know they usually ask for a reservation number which shows how many people are booked. Will that prevent me from including our friends in the ADR? Thanks for the help.

:dory:

auntie_am
06-30-2007, 07:55 PM
You may book ADR's for as many people as you need, however, they do not have to seat you if you have booked for 7 people & you show up with less than that. The reason is because when you book an ADR they reserve a specific table size for your party & they don't allow more than one empty seat per table (I used to work in reservation).

LoriMistress
06-30-2007, 07:56 PM
I would suggest talking to your friends first to see IF they plan to eat with you. They might jsut want to do their own thing. Than start booking the ADRs. But until than, I would book the ADRs for YOURSELF and you can alway add the numbers on party into the ressie later if they choose to join you.

vamaggie
06-30-2007, 08:33 PM
I would suggest talking to your friends first to see IF they plan to eat with you. They might jsut want to do their own thing. Than start booking the ADRs. But until than, I would book the ADRs for YOURSELF and you can alway add the numbers on party into the ressie later if they choose to join you.

I sort of agree with the above but I would make the ADRs including your friends and then call back to change to your family only if needed. I have found it easier to delete folks from an ADR and still keep the time you had rather than trying to add them later. We did this for our Nov trip. My folks are joining us for a day or so. When I made the original ADRs there was no problem making it for 6 even though our reservation was for 4. WHen I called back to add them to a breakfast (they decided to stay another night) we had to change the time to accomodate 6 rather than 4.

Mousefever
07-01-2007, 09:46 AM
I sort of agree with the above but I would make the ADRs including your friends and then call back to change to your family only if needed. I have found it easier to delete folks from an ADR and still keep the time you had rather than trying to add them later. We did this for our Nov trip. My folks are joining us for a day or so. When I made the original ADRs there was no problem making it for 6 even though our reservation was for 4. WHen I called back to add them to a breakfast (they decided to stay another night) we had to change the time to accomodate 6 rather than 4.

That's what I'm thinking, that it would be easier to call back and downsize rather than upsize. One of the ADRs is for Le Cellier on January 2nd, which might still be quite busy from the holiday rush. I would hate to try to add them on later!

Does anyone know the earliest time (EST) to call for ADRs?

:dory: