PDA

View Full Version : Must-Do things to see for a 1st Timer

LSUgirl07
06-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Since my best friend hasn't been to WDW in the past 8 years, it's almost as if she's going to be seeing everything again for the 1st time! What are some special things to point out to her in the different parks? You know, those things that make Disney...well, Disney. It can be rides, shows, certain spots in the park, anything! I'm trying to make this as magical as possible! :mickey:

ONLY 7 DAYS LEFT!!!

mickey&missy
06-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Definitely Wishes, Mickey's PhilHarMagic, POC, and Illuminations! Depending on her likes, EE and M:S.

Also, you don't have to be a kid to enjoy a character meet and greet! Get her an autograph book! Its part of the fun!

True Disney Fan
06-30-2007, 02:55 PM
:number1:Definitely want to do Kahli River Rabids at AK,also see"It's Tough to Be a Bug and the Lion King. EE ride will be a thrill for sure.. Epcot, don't pass up Test Track and Soaring. Must see and do...

Although it has been 8 years and a lot of changes..Your friend will again feel at home with memory from past and new things of today.

Wishing you a Magical and Safe trip...:mickey:

KAJUNKING
06-30-2007, 03:17 PM
i would say spending some time in the world showcase and noticing all the little details, illuminations, fantasmic, philharmagic, jungle cruise, space mountain......there all so great its hard to pick

ryca1dreams
06-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Make her try Beverly at Club Cool in Epcot

Ride up front on the Monorail

Enjoy Extra Magic Hours at night at the Magic Kingdom and shut the park down.

Talk with people from different countries at Epcot

Watch the Electrical Water Pageant from the Beach at the Polynesian

Soarin'

Have fun!!!

LSUgirl07
06-30-2007, 04:03 PM
ahh I'm definitely going to make her try Beverly at Epcot! great ideas so far!

LoriMistress
06-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Why don't you show her the planning DVD so she has an idea of what the parks are like and what she would like to try. Have you made ADRs for certain restaurants. If you have not, than I would suggest trying to call to make any ADRs for some restaurants.

snifflesmcg
06-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Make her try Beverly at Club Cool in Epcot

:rotfl::laughing: Good one!

Here are my suggestions. Find the things they are definately new since the last time she was there. There should be alot! Make those a priority then go back and do the things she's seen before and skip some of the ones she has and it isn't a big deal to see again. I saw the Swiss Family robinson as a kid and even though it's been 18 years since I've seen it, I really don't have a desire to see it again.

dolphinmickey9170
06-30-2007, 11:43 PM
I must say Wishes!, Illuminations, Soarin', and M:S would top my list of not to miss.

DisneyPrincess812
07-01-2007, 12:39 AM
definitely all the nighttime stuff-fantasmic, wishes, spectromagic -the bestttttttt! (i cry like a baby each time i watch all of those..i dunno what it is)
phillharmagic! omg i love it! i see that multiple times each time i go to WDW...
soarin-thats come to be one of my favorite rides in all of disney world!
haunted mansion-my all time favorite ride.
peter pan's flight-that ride makes me smile...o right but ur friends prob seen that and haunted mansion before..sorry! ill stop talking...aww i wanna go to dsney world!

comicguy
07-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Depending on likes and the sort, I would suggest:

Wishes
Expedition Everest
Buzz Lightyear
Mickey's Philharmagic
Rock n Rollercoaster
Nemo Musical at AK
Soarin
Mission Space

TheMartellFamily
07-01-2007, 12:13 PM
There is so much but the things we recommend for first timers is always Illuminations, Wishes, Fantasmic. All big hits in our book. The other thing is to let sit up in front as a co-pilot in the Monorail. The mountains are also a big hit for thrill if that is what is liked. Man there is so much but this is just a small list of things not to miss while there.

jedi jen
07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
I went years ago, and last year was my first trip in a while. Here are some things I enjoyed:

MK:
Mickey's Philharmagic - loved it!
the new POTC
Wishes - especially from Cali grill during dinner or apps
revisiting old favs - HM, TTA, IASW, Splash Mountain, COP

Epcot:
Soarin - loved it!
SSE - it looks like you will be there right before it closes a while for updating
visiting the countries

AP:
had never been before
Kilamanjaro Safari
walking the trails to look at the animals

MGM:
Fantasmic

I have young children with me so I was not able to do many thrill rides, but if I could - I would have to do Space Mountain, EE, RnR, ToT, Thunder Mountain

I also recommend going to at least one (if not more) restaurant in the World - they are an experience themselves. I like the restuarants in the countries in Epcot or a character meal (to get your character fix).

thejens
07-01-2007, 06:57 PM
The rides and shows are covered so I'll suggest meals and resorts. Dine at Boma or Jiko and check out the beautiful resort. Check out the viewing areas by the pool. Last time I went the Giraffes were so close! Go to Ohana's and check out the Poly. Dine ate Artist's Pointe or Whispering Canyons and check out the Wilderness Lodge. And definitely have dinner at the Cali Grill!! It's fun to time it for Wishes, but be sure to see wishes in the park too. Hollywood and Vine is fun and yummy for the Character Breakfast, and do Brown Derby with the Fantasmic Package. Prime Time is a fun lunch. And by all means don't forget to have a rice krispy mickey mouse dipped in chocolate and a Dole Whip. Mmmm...I'm hungry for Disney!

jmjepp
07-01-2007, 07:06 PM
if u want to hear it from a kid thats been there every ( and im only 12 ) the best places are all the parks of coruse and rideing Mout Everest ( even if it mean's u have to get a fast pass or to wait in line its the best way to spend your time expeceaily when u have something else in 2 or more hour's ) :mickey::cool:

KAT1811
07-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Oaky all the most popular rides are covered so I guess I'll go through what I would love to see that isn't so popular.

Magic Kingdom

Carousel of Progress
TTA
Hall of Presidents
It's a Small World (such a classic)

Epcot

Spaceship Earth
El Rio del Tiempo (Mexico)
Ellen's Energy Adventure (a great place to cool off and take a break)
Friendship (water taxi)
The various shows accross the countries

Disney Studios

Muppets
Lights, Cars, Action
Beauty and the Beast

Animal Kingdom

Lion King
ITTBAB

I like these less popular attractions as well as the most popular ones, not that you'll miss those!!! Have a great trip!!! Make sure to stay hydrated because I'm sure it's going to be VERY hot!!!

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Funny you should mention Hall of Presidents... I'm taking my BF for his very first trip to the World in December, and the thing he is MOST excited for, is the Hall of Presidents!!! I've made him watch the planning DVD and the Travel Channel shows, and websites. He's still the most excited to see the HoP!

dreamingofdisney77
07-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Last april i went with my softball team, and there were many first timers.. the majority of the team agreed that their favorite ride was Splash Mountain..so i would definately suggest that ride

Disneywrld1
07-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Well there are so many rides that are new.
Mickey's Phillar Magic
POTC revamped
Its a small world revamped
M.I. Laugh Floor
Stitch
Mission: SPACE
JIYI revamped
Soarin'
Gran Fiesta Tour
Nemo
Lights Motors Action!
Expedition Everest

Mickey91
07-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Take her to Beauty and the Beast on a Tues or Thurs to see "4 for a dollar"! They are awesome and a must see for us every trip!:mickey: