PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary DVC

crazykids
06-30-2007, 10:10 AM
I just read on another site that it is rumored the the official announcement for the Contemporary DVC will be on or around October 1st of this year! Hope this one comes true!

nickcapp
06-30-2007, 11:17 AM
I hope you are right as I will be right there buying more points!

Personally, I think they may wait until they sell a good portion of the Animal Kingdom Lodge DVC.

Horizon93
06-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I was just at WDW and I asked a DVC cast member about the CR north wing site. He said that he had not heard of a new DVC resort being built there. He said that the north wing was in terrible shape and had to be torn down. I thought that was a well thought out cover story! I do believe that they will wait for an announcement until they have sold more AKV points. (Like we will be when we join any day now!)

I would definitely be interested in some CR points down the line.

sillyolbear
07-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Although it appears the Villas at the Animal Kingdom are selling well, I would be shocked if they are selling at a pace that would make an October announcement for another WDW DVC property somthing that happens.

But anything is possible.

MickeyMousse
07-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Wow, that would make my 10y/o son really really happy :joy: if they did that! Since his first trip to WDW in 1999 he has had a thing for the Contemporary....and have asked us repeatedly to stay there. If DVC goes in, then I'm sure we will! :woohoo:

lockedoutlogic
07-02-2007, 09:52 PM
To announce a DVC site at Contemporary this year....while having both Saratoga and AK for sale.....

is timeshare suicide....

because of its proximity to MK...contemp villas would absolutely torpedo the market for saratoga and animal kingdom.

disney does some dumb things....but nothing of that magnitude of stupidity.
The market is good for DVC...but not that good...they have been sellng saratoga for 4 years now...if they throw contemp out there for purchase....they will sell animal kingdom for 10.....

The work being done on the contemps north side is extensive...before they even think of building any buildings....

Also, I'm not so sure that they aren't, in fact, building a more modern addition to the contemp to sell as a normal resort.....the market would suport it, and the contemp is actually one of the smallest WDW resorts.

It may be a DVC...as widely speculated...but the timeframe is not nearly as accelerated as many people think....

We'll wait and see....