PDA

View Full Version : Nixon's "I am not a Crook" speech...

LuvNDisney
06-30-2007, 09:18 AM
I am reading "Spinning Disney's World", a book written by former WDW press agent, Charles Ridgway.
One thing I did not realize was that President Nixon gave his "I Am Not a Crook" speech at the Contemporary Hotel in 1973. Kind of a neat piece of trivia for Disney buffs.

ibrowse17
06-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Yes, very interesting. I had not known that either until I was researching for an American Presidents class that I was going to teach. Since then I have wondered why they do not have a pic of this at the Hall of Presidents:thumbsup:

MMouse6937
06-30-2007, 09:02 PM
I also read this in one of my Disney trivia books a few years ago. I think it's pretty crazy as everyone has seen portions of that speech but who knew that it was at Disney. VERY interesting fact!! :thumbsup:

snifflesmcg
06-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Yes, very interesting. I had not known that either until I was researching for an American Presidents class that I was going to teach. Since then I have wondered why they do not have a pic of this at the Hall of Presidents:thumbsup:

I'm guessing maybe because it wasn't the proudest moment in Nixon's career, if ya know what I mean.