PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Game Strategy

PinkJJ
06-30-2007, 02:00 AM
I want to ask all of you that play flag or shipbattle if you have a certain strategy to help you win the game.

Little has helped me a great deal with her expertise on Fireworks and Jungle Cruise. Thank you Little. :) Now I am hoping to get some great tips for the Pirates games.

Does anyone have anything they would like to say?

Jeremy
06-30-2007, 12:44 PM
i like to play the no shoot game.
where each team gets a trun and we all get credits.

pirate cant swim. lol:blush:

and i like to sleep on the ship or i fish while
someone gets the falg :D

wizardmickey
07-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I agree with Pirate there. Cat introduced me to "everybody gets credits" method & I really glove it! Somehow though, fingers keeps slipping on that "fire" button & me & Davy Jones seem to be on a first name basis!

RicksCafe
07-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Ah, the age-old question: "how is it done?" You too, PinkJJ, can be.... dun dun dun... the Pirate Master.

Battle and Flag-- both take some skills to maintain long-term success, but Flag is the more intricate. Some tips from Tricks...

Battle Tips:

1. Don't shoot at your opponent. Shoot where he is going to be. Also, if you see him going for more ammo or health, shoot at the ammo or health so that he has a nice surprise waiting for him. Sucka!

2. Keep moving and avoid the rocks. Try not to travel in straight lines for long distances. Loops, double-backs, and herkies-- learn the moves, live the moves, love the moves.

3. Feel confident? Let your opponent sink your own teammate before you take your opponent down. It will mean more credits for you in the long-run, you selfish evil doll.

Flag Tips:
(assumes a two-on-two game; adjust as needed)

1. Suppress your killing instinct. The goal is to get that freakin' flag back to your base for maximum pointage. Points means credits. Credits means bling. Bling means power and women. (Or men, in your case PinkJJ)

2. Partner up with a good team or team matey. Few things are more annoying than a clueless teammate.

3. Practice your marksmanship. Battle is about carnage. Flag is about finesse. If both teams are racing back to their bases with the flags, try to hit the opposing flag-carrier with one cannon ball only. That forces him to drop the flag and turn around to retrieve it, costing him valuable time. Repeat as necessary.

4. Block incoming fire for your teammate. Out of ammo? Use your ship to block your opponent. A trick I recently learned from See.low: if your opponent is a flag-carrying row boat, you can slow him by fixing your ship in the water between him and his base. But don't move; you'll run that row boat over and he may get the win for being more proximate to his base.

5. Avoid the rush-in instinct. This game is like a dance; it's about the caress. Let your opponent come to you. He wants your flag. Let him think that he can get it. Let him grow confident that he has you right where he wants you. Then crush him. That leaves your team open to double-up on the remaining opponent.

6. Treat flag-sitters with care. Though they may just park on that flag and go down to the Kraken like fools, they are more likely to fire at you from their position thinking they can take you out. Sail around him cautiously and let him fire at the air. Count his shots. When he's out of ammo, he will likely move off the flag. That's when you strike.

There is much more to say, but the orchestra has started and they're threatening to turn off my microphone. Have fun pirating. :pirate:

Ricks (who would like to thank his.....)

PinkJJ
07-01-2007, 01:41 AM
Wow, thank you Tricks! That is very helpful. Like Little, you have really thought these games through. I am impressed to say the least.

Now, who do I write this check to? And where do I send it? ;)

See.low
07-03-2007, 01:34 AM
The best advice? Play with Ricks. :pirate:

PinkJJ
07-03-2007, 01:42 AM
The best advice? Play with Ricks. :pirate:

Oh, no! I couldn't! I mean he is the master and I am the student. I couldn't ruin his game.:blush:

Tinkerbell627
07-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Ricks, you crack me up.

That's all a had no say. No tips from the Zoo. Trust me.

You don't want them.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Oh, no! I couldn't! I mean he is the master and I am the student. I couldn't ruin his game.:blush:

Well when you can get better you can always overthrow him :darth:

Patricia
07-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Battle
is kill or be killed. The game takes long if you have two opponents that are good. They usually need to run out of time to end a round.

Flag.

Like Ricks said.. get the flag home, that's where the credit is, it's not about killing the other team. Alway keep one opponent alive and block for your flag carrier. Take his bullet, better to die then him lose the flag. If your team wins in flag you all get the same points no matter if your dead or alive. So get your flag home even if you must die for it.. And don't worry about your team mates taking more credits because they have a higher score in game. When one of us gets a high score we all make the high score board with the same points. Cita and I checked and we always have the same score in the end. (Of course I'm not sure about that if we lose.. because we never lose, heh.)

Arg! :pirate:

RicksCafe
07-03-2007, 09:01 PM
I have to disagree with Rick's that you can get more credit than your matey though.If your team wins in flag you all get the same points....I don't think we disagree, Patti. My advice on gaining more credits than your teammate was point #3 in my advice for Battle, not Flag. And it is my understanding that each player earns an individual take for his efforts in Battle.

So, I stand by my assertion that if you hang your teammate out to dry in Battle and then take out your opposition, you will reap a more plentiful, albeit selfish, harvest.

Ricks (who prefers the sweet, yet salty, caress of Flag any day)

Patricia
07-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Oh sorry Ricks.. Yes, in battle your score is your own. Get greedy.

That's what I get for reading through too fast.

I do know that many people believe that the scores are individual in flag and that's why they get shoot happy.

I'll change my above remarks.:blush:

OhGee
07-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Excellent post Rick. Learned a lot. Thanks :)

LittleDragonErin
07-29-2007, 01:58 AM
The way LDE plays Flag:

You need a good team that you're comfortable with and that you trust when it comes to flag. If your team is constantly bickering or figuring out who is doing what, you will lose for sure. Everybody has their strengths and weaknesses. Same with the ships.

The "runner" is the person designated to go for the flag. This person needs to be the one who has the least amount of lag, knows how to steer and make quick turns and avoid cannon fire and definitely uses and knows how to use the Pearl.

The other team mates should be "blockers". They don't necessarily have to stay at home base to protect your flag. After all, to win they still need to return to their base. Therefore, the teams I usually play with play it a little smart. We all advance forward to the opposing team's port.

Of course your runner will be faster than your blockers. But that's okay. Here's where strategy plays in. Unless you're playing with a really weak opposing team, NEVER make a straight run for the flag. The runner should take an indirect path to it. Preferably as far away from the opposing ships as possible. Using the Pearl means you can only take 3 shots before your sunk. You have to use that wisely.

Never sail predictably. That means you should never sail in straight lines. And you should always be prepared to make sudden and quick turns even when you're not being fired upon. Battle players are trained to shoot ahead of where you're going. Which is the right way to do it. So you need to not let them know where you're going. The Pearl is fast and can make those quick turns, so use that to your advantage. Make it look like you're going straight then suddenly drop back or change directions. Stay away from the enemy broadsides.

If you want to be offensive, make your hard turns so you pull in front of them and fire away as you pass. Direct hits to the bow like that will almost always sink them.

On the other hand, the blockers should take a direct path to the flag. And preferably a path that puts them between your runner and the opposing team.

Blockers should be prepared to recover the flag should your runner get blown to pieces. So at least one blocker should stay somewhere in the vicinity of the runner once the runner gets the flag.

VERY important. One blocker must stay between the opponent's port and the opposing ship that has the flag. They have to come your way, and they can't sail sideways. So keep your broadside facing their oncoming ship and you can prevent them from making it back.

Now if there's only 2 of you, it's more important that you have the flag on one of your ships whether you lose or win. So ALWAYS choose picking up the flag over trying to sink the enemy ships. Even if you lose, you'll still get the points and that's what's important. Remember, this isn't battle. Your objective is to have a flag, not sink ships.

Team work is very important in flag. You can't worry about how many opponents you sink or points you get individually. You have to be willing to sail in front of opposing cannon fire for your teammates.

Above that, you don't necessarily want to sink all your opponents. You want to return the flag to your port for maximum points. So if you're a blocker, sometimes you need to use your ship to block your opponents rather than firing at them. The best way of course is to put your broadside to their bow.

And as always you need to have fun doing this. If it's not fun, there's no point. (Hence the reason I haven't played it much. All those bad mouthers and sore losers take away all the fun.) Hope this helps. ;)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone. Pirates is the only way I can get credits, since I stink at everything else, lol. So this really helps! :mickey:

Krystal_Rose
08-14-2007, 01:20 AM
Very interesting information about what to do with the flag sitters. Never thought of that before. Thanks for the tips! :thumbsup: