PDA

View Full Version : Spaceship Earth

battle beast
06-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Oh, no! Spaceship Earth is now doen untill November 13th, the day before I head home! That means, baring all unexpected events, I should be able to get on the ride and see the refurb. Hopefully. :whew: It's one of my favs from Epcot.

chrisb26
06-30-2007, 12:42 AM
well your lucky then I am very mad that they extended this. I was so happy because it was opening the 2 of November and I would be able to see it on my trip. Now they decide to extend it and I will miss it now. :( this was such a bummer for me.

disneyfanforever
06-30-2007, 01:15 AM
I looked on the Disney World website for rides that will be closed. It doesn't mention spaceship earth at all :confused: i thought this was a little weird. all it showed was that the HM was closed for refurbishment. anyone know why it wasn't showed on that website?

chrisb26
06-30-2007, 01:20 AM
I looked on the Disney World website for rides that will be closed. It doesn't mention spaceship earth at all :confused: i thought this was a little weird. all it showed was that the HM was closed for refurbishment. anyone know why it wasn't showed on that website?

They probably haven't updated the Spaceship Earth page because it goes down on July 9 so they probably will then. Haunted Mansion is already closed.

JPL
06-30-2007, 10:21 AM
I hate to rain on anyone's parade but I have a feeling with the way the ride is integrated into the structure of SSE and the complexity of the refurb that this project is going to run into many delays. Add to this the rumour of the Hand coming down. I wouldn't feel comfortable about thinking I will get to the ride the new version of the attraction until late November or Early December.

cfoshe
06-30-2007, 10:40 AM
on disney website, under operational updates, starting with the month of july, it shows it will be closed.

ghost999
06-30-2007, 10:45 AM
now i don't know the how much truth there is behind this but i have heard that it was going to be down until the beginning of next year:mickey: i really hope this isn't true.

Amy_617
06-30-2007, 10:52 AM

You must have only had the bar clicked on MK. If you scroll the bar down to Epcot, it shows Spaceship Earth will be closed.

I know it is very sad. This is one of my VERY favorite rides. I'm upset I will not get to ride it. :pout:

JPL
06-30-2007, 10:53 AM
As I said this really wouldn't surprise me the original plans to change SSE into an entirely new attraction was stopped when they realized how integrated the ride structure and actual support structure of the building were. I can see this causing major delays in the reopening of the attraction.

battle beast
06-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I hate to rain on anyone's parade but I have a feeling with the way the ride is integrated into the structure of SSE and the complexity of the refurb that this project is going to run into many delays.

:stop: !!! Sorry to burst your bubble, but... :noway: It's not going to be delayed. :nope::nope::nope: You're wrong!!!

It will open on time!!! bet on it :thumbsup:

jedi jen
06-30-2007, 05:19 PM

I looked today and I saw it on the DW wetbsite. Is it possible you were looking at the operational updates for MK and not Epcot?

Both HM and SSE will be closed when I go in 13 days. :sob::sad::crying::cry:

Thankfully, there are many other wonderful things to do. :yay:

MickeyMousse
06-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Spaceship Earth is a family favorite of ours and if the rumour mill is correct, it will be reopening the day before we leave, 11/13. Sure hope so......it wouldn't be a WDW vacation without riding "Mickey's Ball":( (that's what my oldest son called it during his first WDW trip and it has stuck!)

Crossing finger, toes and anything else that it reopens before we head home!:mickey:

Horizon93
06-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Looks like I will be waitng until next summer to ride my favorite attraction! I don't think that th structure of the sphere will impact the refurb. From what I have read, the update involves new omnimovers with interactive screens, (Horizons anyone?) better lighting, some new scenes, a new score, and new narration. I wonder who the narrator will be. Any ideas? I think Charlie Gibson would be great.

WDWfanatic742
07-01-2007, 01:33 AM
For all of that from what we have heard that they are doing, they are going to have to rush to get it done in less than 4 month's. I'd rather them take their time with everything and make sure that it is right rather than rush it and mess up somewhere. You figure that no matter what though, they are going to want to have the ride open by Christmas Week.

Darin M
07-03-2007, 03:44 PM
I've known for awhile now that Spaceship Earth will be closed for my visit 8/17-8/25 :(
I remember last year, my girlfriend and I fell in love with this ride. Knowing that it's going to be worked on during my trip does bum me out, and being there with the attraction inches in front of me and not being able to enjoy it might even be worse.

Soph and Han's Mom
07-03-2007, 07:21 PM
sooooo sad...this is one of the 5 rides in all of wdw that my 5 year old will go on!!!!!

2Epcot
07-03-2007, 08:24 PM
I hate to rain on anyone's parade but I have a feeling with the way the ride is integrated into the structure of SSE and the complexity of the refurb that this project is going to run into many delays. Add to this the rumour of the Hand coming down. I wouldn't feel comfortable about thinking I will get to the ride the new version of the attraction until late November or Early December.

If there is any hope the wand will come down ... bring on the delays!!!

StitchplusTink=STINK
07-03-2007, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=disneyfanforever;1339312] all it showed was that the HM was closed for refurbishment. QUOTE]

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its about time that they refurb HM! ive been sayin that for quite awhile now. sorry. i know off topic. but that is a bummer. SE needs it though.LOL!

Becky'sMom
07-03-2007, 08:45 PM
"If there is any hope the wand will come down ... bring on the delays!!!"
Wow...someone actually has a problem with the wand?
I'm glad I happend on this topic...we're leaving for Disney tomorrow and will be in Epcot on July 8th, 12th and 15. I'll have to make sure I get on Spaceship Earth on the 8th since it will be closed after that!
Lauren