PDA

View Full Version : Super Boss

MsMin
06-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I've seen many posts venting about bosses and I was so impressed w/ my dd's boss I had to share.
My dd25 is a graphic designer and does mostly webwork and loves her job with a company called Tilt... Her bosses are so so nice, there are 3 guys that own the company.
Her boss called her today when she got home from work to tell her he was standing in line to get the new IPhone and asked if she wanted to come down and join the excitement. She declined, our traffic is heavy on Friday evenings. Well he called her about 6 times telling her how excited he was about the new phone (she began to think this was odd:confused:) He called her from the grocery and asked if she wanted to meet him at the grocery to to see his new phone-- she replied she could wait until Monday... Disappointed he called back and said he really wanted to show off his new phone and asked if he could come by- she agreed and said he could come see the pups (his gf was w/ him and was happy to hear this)
Long story I know and he handed her the phone in the box and asked if she wanted to open it and she told him she didn't want to take the fun out of his new phone--- then he finally tells her it's yours. They wanted to thank her for the great job she has been doing and wanted to surprise her with something "techie" so stood in line to get one so she could have one on the first day! It's the 8-gig phone too. She is still in shock.
I've never had a boss like that.....Are they super guys are what? And yes, he did this in front of his g/f and her mom -- nothing weird or suspicious about it -- it's from the 3 bosses.

Tinkerfreak
06-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Wow that is great. It sounds like she works for a great company who appreciates good help. We own a construction business here in Maine and we find that if you keep your employees happy and show them your appreciation then you keep good employees. They joke about never leaving us because they could not stand the loss of the home made baked goods I bring them all the time. I regularly bring them all lunch and cold drinks and just let them know that I appreciate them working as hard as they do. I'm so glad that your daughter has such great bosses. I find that people work much harder if they know they are appreciated and if they enjoy their job.

gueli
06-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Sometimes...
it is a great story. I can only picture the boss man trying to figure out ways to get the phone to your daughter, without seeming like he is hitting on her. Its almost a classic story that you would see on a sitcom.
Yes there are great bosses out there. and I think it is wonderful that your dd has these nice guys to work for.
It is almost sad though, that a kind gesture like this has to be so precipitated with how he was just being nice, and trying to thank her, so that someone does not read into it that the gesture was sexual.
I think you and your dd are quite lucky.
:mickey:

ElenitaB
06-30-2007, 11:01 AM
That is so cool! What awesome bosses to have given it thought and have come up with a way to give her recognition for her hard work in a way that would be meaningful to her. :thumbsup:

There are GREAT bosses out there (I know... I've had some of them).

Now, I would love to hear about how she's liking the iPhone. Both my DS and I are drooling over it, but I won't go near it until AT&T/Cingular fixes up their network. (Least dropped calls... I don't think so!)

BronxTigger
06-30-2007, 12:11 PM
That is amazing! What a great boss to have. :thumbsup:

January-2007
06-30-2007, 02:04 PM
What a nice gesture! She must be on :cloud9: with such a cool present and such a great job and bosses! Thanks for sharing this with us.

mrsgaribaldi
07-02-2007, 01:50 AM
What a great boss, your daughter is lucky:mickey: