PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Dream Updates?

DisneyFreak23
06-29-2007, 09:33 PM
If you were the one in charge of refurbishing the Haunted Mansion, what updates would you make? What kind of special effects would you add?

I would probably just update the ghosts (more realistic) , and maybe add that 1000th ghost :hmghost:...

Let me know what you would change!

:stitch:

princessimagineer
06-29-2007, 10:07 PM
i wudnt add the 1000th ghost because thats the whole slogan!

but some of the special effects should be updated. like the cemetary scene where the ghosts pop out of their cascets and stuff.

even though the bride doesnt look very real, it still gives me the shivers every time. im not entirely sure why.

kakn7294
06-29-2007, 11:03 PM
I would remove the giant spiders - besides the fact that I hate spiders, they are just tacky and don't seem to belong. I would also remove the pop-up, screaming ghosts in the cemetary - they aren't scary so much as they are annoying and again, I think they are tacky. I haven't seen the bride scene changes they made in DL but I heard they are great - I think I'd update that as well. The only other changes I would make would be to fix anything that is broken or worn out.

Night Pirate
06-29-2007, 11:13 PM
I would probably up date the animatrons but other than that I think that the ghosts are still realistic. I love this ride and it holds a special place in my heart. My boyfriend and I had our first disney kiss on it:secret::blush::secret:

offero
06-29-2007, 11:53 PM
On top of some random special effects updates around the ride, I would update the graveyard. get rid of the pop up heads and update the rest of the effects in the graveyard.

Tinker-Brendie
06-29-2007, 11:59 PM
I would remove the giant spiders - besides the fact that I hate spiders, they are just tacky and don't seem to belong. I haven't seen the bride scene changes they made in DL but I heard they are great - I think I'd update that as well.

Amen! I would lose the spiders so fast it would make your doombuggy spin! Also, we're been to DL twice and IMHO the attic there is SO MUCH cooler and in theme than the one at WDW. Lastly, I would make sure the glass between the Doombuggies and the dining room scene stayed clean and that the sound in the DBs was as great as possible.:mickey:

Doug The Disney Man`
06-30-2007, 12:10 AM
I totally agree that the sound system should be updated, it sounds a little rough a lot of the time. I'm also with those of you who would change and update the graveyard. The popping skeletons, etc. are very old school and the spiders look too carnivalish. I think it would be cool if they would add the 1000th ghost as YOU! Some kind of imagery that would make you appear to be a ghost in the final scene, right after the hitchhikers of course!

Old School Mouse Ears
06-30-2007, 02:54 AM
i would like to see changes in temp as you near ghosts the temp gos down and maybe a ghostly touch on your shoulder ect.. would like the effects to be as close as possible :D

dulyjs
06-30-2007, 09:35 PM
I was in Disneyland last week and after riding the HM out there I came to the sad realization that my favorite attraction in WDW has fallen way behind her sisters in Paris and Anaheim. (I haven't been to Tokyo Disneyland yet, but I would bet that it is better as well.)

The problems:

Failing audio - Should have been fixed long ago. It seems every time I ride I'm in a car with a speaker that cuts in and out or is too loud.

Giant spiders - Look like they are from a cheap state fair spook house.

Seance room - I don't know which is worse, Leota's styrofoam head and cheap wig or the instruments hanging from visible strings.

Attic - The plastic bride with blinging lights is just sad. And the pneumatic pop-up ghosts are more annoying than scary.

The solutions:

Fix the audio. It shouldn't be that hard.

Get rid of the giant spiders.

Bring the floating Leota from Disneyland and hide the strings better.

Bring the entire attic from Disneyland. The bride and portrait effects are brilliant.

WDW just needs to bite the bullet and close the HM for however long it takes to bring this once proud attraction the magic it so badly needs.

mickeys_princess
06-30-2007, 09:47 PM
When is the exact date that they will reopen?

I hope they add a gift shop.

trackbarroness
07-01-2007, 06:31 AM
Sept. 12 I believe is the date HM is suppose to reopen on. Can't wait to see what changes if any were made to the ride. And hopefully another MK attraction will be closed for refurb within the near future. Rumour has it it's suppose to be closed for at least 9 months. but it hasn't happened yet. the last refurb it had was back in the 80's.

Stu29573
07-01-2007, 08:07 AM
I heard it will reopen on Sept. 13 (my birthday). BTW, I don't really mind the popping up heads.....

cgriff
07-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Disney should bring back the Hat Box Ghost!!!

trackbarroness
07-02-2007, 06:29 AM
I heard it will reopen on Sept. 13 (my birthday). BTW, I don't really mind the popping up heads.....

Well it's down until the 12 of Sept, anyway right? :D
You and My Mom aka PirateGal have the same B-day will you be at MK that day to enjoy the ride?

Stu29573
07-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Well it's down until the 12 of Sept, anyway right? :D
You and My Mom aka PirateGal have the same B-day will you be at MK that day to enjoy the ride?

Yeah, that's the way I read it...
Cool about your mom. We 13th people have to stick together:thumbsup:
Nope. I won't be there. Unfortunately "real life" keeps getting in the way :( I've serously considered moving closer:D

dolphinmickey9170
07-02-2007, 08:33 AM
I too feel the popping heads need to go. It does feel like a carnival ride. But I'm wondering if they added Johnnie to POTC, are they going to add Eddie to HM??

DisneyNut2005
07-02-2007, 08:58 AM
I too feel the popping heads need to go. It does feel like a carnival ride. But I'm wondering if they added Johnnie to POTC, are they going to add Eddie to HM??

Don't worry, folks. Eddie's never coming to the Mansion. The movie didn't do very well anyway.

pook@wdw
07-02-2007, 09:06 AM
I think it would be cool :cool: to be able to "feel" :hmghost: some of the effects in the doombuggy! You know, like a faint wind on the back of your neck, the smells of the gunpowder from the dueling pistols. the rocky path thru the graveyard...things like that can only add to the HM experience.:thumbsup:

ghost999
07-02-2007, 10:42 AM
A. the movie didn't do good,B. they didn't make books about eddie, while they did for jack. Also i have heard rumors of doing a Nightmare before Christmas thing for hm. has anyone heard of this before or is this just false info. :mickey:

atruman
07-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Over in Disneyland, they do a great overlay of Haunted Mansion for Christmas that makes it "Nightmare Before Christmas" themed. I only saw it once, but I loved it!

I do not know if there is an intention to start doing that over here as well or not.

mickeys_princess
07-02-2007, 11:51 AM
I think it would be cool :cool: to be able to "feel" :hmghost: some of the effects in the doombuggy! You know, like a faint wind on the back of your neck, the smells of the gunpowder from the dueling pistols. the rocky path thru the graveyard...things like that can only add to the HM experience.:thumbsup:

I agree! :thumbsup: This would be really cool!

LizLovesDiz
07-02-2007, 09:58 PM
I think the pop up ghosts need to go.Yes the spiders are really dumb,and I think they should update some of the special effects.The one thing that I love is the crystal ball,still gives me the chills !!! :mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
07-02-2007, 10:21 PM
If they could recreate what they have done in DL (saw it in March and it was astounding :thumbsup:), plus get rid of the pop up ghosts, it would be awesome!

However, I wouldn't want the effects to be felt in the Doombuggies. As it is right now, kids can tolerate it, but that would send my one 6 year old over the edge from fun into terror.

Goofy Pluto
07-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Someone beat me to it, but the NMBC overlay for the holidays is what I'd LOVE to see for our coming Nov/Dec trip. :jack: I love NMBC and fear I'll never get to see the one in DL. :(

ghost999
07-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Someone beat me to it, but the NMBC overlay for the holidays is what I'd LOVE to see for our coming Nov/Dec trip. :jack: I love NMBC and fear I'll never get to see the one in DL. :(
sorry bout that, but i saw some things up at one of the hm, does anyone know which one it is or if they will ever have it at wdw.:mickey:

atruman
07-03-2007, 03:49 PM
sorry bout that, but i saw some things up at one of the hm, does anyone know which one it is or if they will ever have it at wdw.:mickey:

I've been at Disneyland when they had it done up with Jack Skellington and crew, but do not know if they do it at any of the other parks, of if there is any intention of brining it over here.

Jared
07-03-2007, 04:13 PM
I think everyone has been in a car with loud or quiet audio at least once. The ride itself is nearly perfect. Just fix the speakers in each vehicle so guests can hear the narrator perfectly each visit.

GhostHost999
07-03-2007, 10:29 PM
as much as I love this ride I am thinking it does need a little work done.

The audio problem should not be too hard to fix...speaker upgrades in the doom buggies can be easily done.

Swap out the spiders with a very big creepy one that looks like the thing from lord of the rings. Keep it in a black light to give it a sinister look. And have it lean toward the buggies with its fangs out, etc. (Maybe even spray people with silly string for a web)

Haven't come up with an idea for the graveyard yet, but I'm working on it. :-)