PDA

View Full Version : July?

marlyn
06-29-2007, 05:55 PM
I am thinking of going to DL in July. When I check out the info here regarding crowds, it has July as being less than June, Aug, Sept and Oct....is this correct?

I don't want to take my boys out of school, so am thinking of summer. I plan on staying for a week at DL hotel and can get a 5 day pass....so will have lots of time to see everything. How crazy is it in mid July if I avoid the week around July 4th?

tinkwest
06-30-2007, 03:29 PM
I can't imagine July being less crowded than September, October, or even June. Maybe August. :crowd:

Even though it is crowded I like going in the summer if I am staying for several days. The hours of operation are longer, there are fewer (if any) refurbishments, and you have the option of going back to your hotel at mid-day for a nap or a dip in the pool. :vacation:

Just knowing you can leave, regroup, and return whenever you like makes putting up with the crowds less stressful. :wave:

BrerGnat
07-01-2007, 12:20 AM
July is absolutely MORE crowded than June, August, September AND October. July is probably the most crowded month at DL, followed by December (for all the Christmas stuff).

I have been a "local" with an AP for the past 6 years. I tend to generally avoid July for full park days...I will go for a couple hours here and there and leave when it gets to be too much. Honestly, the heat and sun is what makes it brutal and the sun is out for so long that it doesn't begin to cool down until well after about 8pm...that's what makes it rough. If you are staying onsite and can leave midday to use the pool, that makes it a LOT better. When I go in July, I arrive at opening time and am out of there before noon, because it just is too much (plus, I have toddlers, so no need to stay longer than is comfortable).

If you can go in June, that is a better time than July. Otherwise, the end of August is also better, crowd wise, than July. September is actually good with crowds, but the HEAT can be bad...worse than in the summer, due to the Santa Ana winds/heat waves.