PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional Opinions, please

debandbub
06-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi all...
I am just looking for some input. We're thinking about going to it this year. Is it worth the wait? We'd likely do the lunch or dinner package with it to avoid a huge wait. Any preferences as to earlier or later shows? Thanks for your input!
:mickey:

marlyn
06-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Absolutely it is worth it! It is wonderful. I prefer the later show as it is darker and the seems more magical to me with the lights and candles.

I would also say go for the dinner package. Why wait in line when you don't have to? That way you get a yummy dinner and guaranteed seating!

DestinationWDW
06-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I too would do the dining package. The preferred seating is great - and the less wait is nice too! :thumbsup: I like the later show as well - CP is beautiful and wonderful Christmas experience! Merry Christmas!

moe513
06-29-2007, 06:38 PM
I would not do the package again. I thought it was a waste of money. We went in 2005 during the first week of Dec. I didnt even really enjoy the ceremony. I was disappointed with the narrarator and the music I thought would have been better.

Strmchsr
06-29-2007, 06:46 PM
It's "worth it" if you enjoy hearing the Christmas story read from the Bible and listening to traditional choral Christmas music. I enjoy both, so it's "worth it" to me, but if listening to choirs isn't really your thing then it's not worth it. There's no stage performance or light show or anything like that. It's just straight choir singing and scripture reading.

marlyn
06-29-2007, 06:50 PM
It's "worth it" if you enjoy hearing the Christmas story read from the Bible and listening to traditional choral Christmas music. I enjoy both, so it's "worth it" to me, but if listening to choirs isn't really your thing then it's not worth it. There's no stage performance or light show or anything like that. It's just straight choir singing and scripture reading.

Yep....and it is truly magical! I loved it, my kids loved it and my parents loved it.

LoriMistress
06-29-2007, 07:07 PM
It really does depend on the script writer. Some people just read the thing like a three-year-old. Others put some effort into it.

kakn7294
06-29-2007, 10:01 PM
We greatly enjoyed it and would gladly see it again. If you choose to go, I do recommend the dinner package - on the nights we were there, the standby line was outrageously long and some folks didn't get in at all.

castlegirl
06-29-2007, 10:11 PM
I agree...very well worth it! We went in 2005 and had the dining package. We went to the 5:00 show, heard Eartha Kitt read the story, and then had dinner following at Rose & Crown. We had outdoor seating and then stayed for Illuminations! I thought the music was beautiful and very moving. We went the week before Christmas and it really got us in the Christmas spirit!

awaggett
06-30-2007, 12:23 AM
We did it last year, and I definitely think it was worth it. The dinner package was a great deal, and took away the hassle of waiting in line. We went on Christmas Eve, and they barely let in any folks other than the package diners.

GrmGrninGost
06-30-2007, 07:03 AM
We went for the first time last Dec.:mickey:I thought it was amazing. I would love to do it again! I would recommend the dinner package. I wouldn't think it matters if you go to the early or late show. We went to the early one, then stood outside and watched the second one! They were both great!!:thumbsup:

mickey-mouse35
06-30-2007, 03:05 PM
I thought it was so beautiful that I bought the soundtrack! We did the dinner package at Le Cellier and loved it--we did dinner after the early show, so we weren't rushed for dinner (not sure if they still do it that way or not--this was six years ago). Highly recommend it--later show would be prettier since darker, but early show is still fabulous!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-30-2007, 10:50 PM
The CP is truly beautiful. And we didn't even go into the theater! We stood on the sidewalk outside and watched and listened. It was so great.

debandbub
07-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks, everyone for being so helpful with your opinions! I think it does sound like a nice thing to do, so we're probably going to do it! Thanks again!

CaptSmee
07-02-2007, 12:20 AM
We saw it 3 years ago, and enjoyed it so much we are going to see it twice this trip with different narrators (Doogie Howser being one!). It is beautifully done and puts you in the holiday spirit.

mrsgaribaldi
07-02-2007, 01:50 AM
It's something I want to do but we haven't gotten around to it yet:blush: Maybe this year;)

RAIDER
07-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Its worth every penny and every minute of the wait . They really do get the christmas vibe :thumbsup:

avantgardeinker
07-02-2007, 09:06 AM
If you've never done it before I would definitely go for it. However, when you book, don't expect the narrator that's on the schedule to be the narrator that you see when you go. The schedule changes frequently. That being said... It is totally worth the wait. The candle light and the music is incredible. The choir is amazing and it's just a wonderful experience all around. I would go to one of the later shows so you can get the full effect of the candlelight. The first show is too early in the day for that. It's still beautiful, but it's even better later on.

157 more days!!
:mickey: