PDA

View Full Version : I COULDNT BELIEVE IT le CELLIER

moe513
06-29-2007, 03:17 PM
I just called to get the Lunch menu from a cm because two web sites out there have a different menu. The cm read the menu to me and its all beef. Not one chicken, fish , pork or pasta entree. I dont eat beef. Do you think they would make me a chicken sandwich? I dont want to cancel these adrs are a hot item. My husband eats beef. Has anyone been there lately that can confirm that its all beef.

dog-ears
06-29-2007, 03:34 PM
I haven't been there recently but surely that must be wrong - I don't think any WDW restaurant would only be serving beef - besides the lack of variety, you would risk turning away potential customers.

KylesMom
06-29-2007, 03:34 PM
We had my favorite dinner of our 15-day stay on June 21st at LeCellier Steak House!

That being said, when we went to ask for something not on the menu for DS, they told us that they did not have it and could therefore not make it for him. He "settled" for a steak, which he declared awesome. Anyway, after that experience I would have to say that this is one restaurant that I wouldn't count on having other food items available that aren't on their menu.

Note that they do have awesome cheddar soup, fabulous grilled asparagus, a great shrimp cocktail with wasabi slaw, as well as other appetizers and different breads which you may find to your liking. We ate here twice during our stay and really, REALLY enjoyed it! :cloud9:

As far as turning away potential customers, LeCellier is one of the hottest meal tickets in Epcot - or in Disney World, for that matter. I can't tell you how many folks we saw turned away when they didn't have an ADR.

mdearmas
06-29-2007, 03:55 PM
if you go to info central on intercot you can see le cellier's menus and make a decision based on that. :mickey:

dixielandings
06-29-2007, 04:06 PM
We ate lunch there in May and I know they still had the grilled salmon salad. I don't even remember what I ate but I know it wasn't beef. Hope this has not changed.

StillSimbaGirl
06-29-2007, 04:09 PM
I would call back and ask a different cast member; there are a bunch of cast members who are really pretty clueless. The one you spoke to probably just has a sheet with all the different restaurants with a description of typical dishes - not an actual menu.

I've eaten there - and I always do get something beefy - and I can't assure you that there's something there for you...but I sure wouldn't take one cast member's word for it. Not calling them a liar - just that they might be describing typical or signature dishes rather than the entire menu.

Marilyn Michetti
06-29-2007, 04:55 PM
On the lunch menu are four possibilities. Two are salad entrees, and two are entrees,

There is a Ceasar with chicken salad,( and my 63 year old brain just "lost the other" one.)

Entree's: There is a grilled chicken sandwich, with fries, and a seafood thing.

Other than that, I think it's all beef. I didn't check the kids menu.

Get the soup and a salad, but you've got to go there, even if you just eat the breadsticks.:cloud9:

MMFreak
06-29-2007, 04:55 PM
My Family and I were just at le Cellier in April and my son does not eat beef either. He had the Chicken. So yes in answer to your question there are other entries besides Beef. Also I am certain that if the menu has changed between now and then the chef would be happy to make you a dinner based on fresh vegatables that he may have in the kitchen (that is if they don't have other meat's) as Disney always aims to please.

grumpycajun
06-29-2007, 05:12 PM
IMHO you could easily make a meal on the bread sticks and a few of the appetizers and still be totally satisfied. The "chowder style" mussels are fantastic!:thumbsup:

Two more days!!!

Dedivah
06-29-2007, 06:29 PM
I really hope that is not true about the no chicken. DH is not a beef lover and he is allergic to seafood. So that only leaves chicken for him.

I on the other hand, am a carnivore. Beef and seafood are my absolute fav. I cold live between Coral Reef and Le Cellier.:cloud9:

Shugoondola
06-29-2007, 07:53 PM
I ate at Le Cellier for lunch in June of 2006 and had a really good barbecue chicken sandwich on an English muffin. I bet they still offer non-beef items on the menu. Not everyone wants to eat beef.

:mickey:

LoriMistress
06-30-2007, 02:40 AM
You're going to a steak house. I would shocked if a steak house would serve other meat that wasn't beef.

MouseHouser
06-30-2007, 06:24 AM
We have Le Cellier booked for Sept. I just looked at their menu on another site. It was updated in May. Of the 10 entrées offered, 4 are non beef. These consist of a seafood, a chicken, a vegetable and a pork dish, so I'm not sure what the other source is talking about.

Carol
06-30-2007, 06:54 AM
My kids do not eat beef and we dine at Le Cellier every trip. There is always a chicken or fish dish. In fact last May my son's girlfriend had a tofu sandwich there.

I wouldn't worry about it. I do not believe the Cast Members on the phone has access to the menu. She is just reading you a description on the computer. Menus can change daily - that's why they are simply a guideline. Unless you call the restuarant direct - you really will not know the exact menu for sure.