PDA

View Full Version : DVC & Dining plan??

nadisnut
06-29-2007, 02:03 PM
:confused:
Okay, we have a weird situation and need your help! Our cousins have a time share that they can trade and some of the options they can trade in their week for are several of the DVC room at the WDW Resort, they are trading for the Beach Club, so we will be staying w/them at the resort, how can we purchase the Magic Your Way/Plus Park Hopper & the Dining Plan? I contacted WDW Reservations and they said we would have to contact the DVC, but their time share isn't actually through the DVC?? Have you ever heard of this, what do we do, we really want the dining plan for this trip?? HELP :ill:

Also, is there an 800 # for the DVC??

disneycouple2004
06-29-2007, 02:39 PM
DVC members services 800-800-9800..not sure about your problem...and this number is for members only..but maybe they will at least answer your question...i really don't think you can get the dining plan unless your buying the entire package including the room..or have the people who are the DVC members add it to the ressie and you could pay them for it..??..just guessing..:confused:

good luck !!

KCMom
06-29-2007, 03:19 PM
I would contact the company they use to trade their timeshare. For example, Interval International exchanges weeks for loads of different timeshares. That company should be able to tell you how to add the DDP. I know a woman who traded into Old Key West last fall and she had the DDP. There must be a way. Good luck!

r4kids
06-29-2007, 03:22 PM
We just traded through Interval International into OKW. We contacted DVC member services and added the dining plan to our ressie. We pay for the dining plan upon arrival and can't prepay. I believe you have to have the dining plan for all members of your party and for the length of your stay. :mickey: 84 days!!

CarolMN
06-29-2007, 03:33 PM
As posted, you would make arrangements for the Dining Plan with Member Services - the number will be on the trade documentation your friends received when they got the trade. It's the same number they call to pay the additional $95 fee that DVC charges those who trade into DVC via II.

You will have to purchase the DIning Plan for all 7 nights of the trade (even if your party is staying less than that) and for everyone on the reservation over the age of 3. The Dining Plan is paid for at check in, but must be added to your reservation before you arrive.

You may buy your park tickets any place you choose - at check in, from a discount ticket broker, at one of the parks, over the internet, etc.

As long as the tickets are unused when you check in, you may have them added to your room key.

nadisnut
06-29-2007, 06:19 PM
I would contact the company they use to trade their timeshare. For example, Interval International exchanges weeks for loads of different timeshares. That company should be able to tell you how to add the DDP. I know a woman who traded into Old Key West last fall and she had the DDP. There must be a way. Good luck!

:D
Interval Internation is actually the same Time Share company they are exchanging through!!! thanks, I will have her do that!!! There is Hope!:thumbsup:

nadisnut
06-29-2007, 06:25 PM
We just traded through Interval International into OKW. We contacted DVC member services and added the dining plan to our ressie. We pay for the dining plan upon arrival and can't prepay. I believe you have to have the dining plan for all members of your party and for the length of your stay. :mickey: 84 days!!

:cloud9:
Thank you for the information, that is wonderful news, and paying when we all arrive is even a better deal (more time to save$$). When she called to deposit her "request" for May 2008, they said there was no availability right now, and she would have to wait to receive a room, when something became available. Did you have to do the same, what are our odds of receiving a room at the resorts , she requested either the Beach Club Villas, Wilderness Lodge or Boardwalk, but specified we would take anything as long as it was at the resort. When did you start the process???:confused:

nadisnut
06-29-2007, 06:30 PM
As posted, you would make arrangements for the Dining Plan with Member Services - the number will be on the trade documentation your friends received when they got the trade. It's the same number they call to pay the additional $95 fee that DVC charges those who trade into DVC via II.

You will have to purchase the DIning Plan for all 7 nights of the trade (even if your party is staying less than that) and for everyone on the reservation over the age of 3. The Dining Plan is paid for at check in, but must be added to your reservation before you arrive.

You may buy your park tickets any place you choose - at check in, from a discount ticket broker, at one of the parks, over the internet, etc.

As long as the tickets are unused when you check in, you may have them added to your room key.

Thanks for all the very helpful information!!
:thumbsup:

r4kids
06-29-2007, 07:21 PM
We put in our request around the beginning of March and said we'd take any 2 bedroom between Sept. 15th and Dec 15th. I received a reply about a week later with the OKW confirmation. We were so excited! I wish you good luck, I think with the DVC resort you have to be pretty open as far as resort choices. I also called and asked every 3rd day or so. They more than likely got tired of hearing from me. HAHA

84 days!!!