PDA

View Full Version : Body Wars/Cranium Command in Epcot?

r4kids
06-28-2007, 09:41 PM
So this area has been down since before we went last Sept. Is it ever going to reopen or are they putting something new here? I hate to see unused/wasted space.

chrisb26
06-28-2007, 09:52 PM
The Wonders of Life Pavilion was actually open druing December. I believe for the last couple years it has been this way. I do agree I hate the wasted space. If they are only going to open that big of a space once a year they need to put something new in.

WDWfanatic742
06-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Unless they update both attraction's, you can pretty much say goodbye to the pavilion. Just watching them both you can tell easily that they were made in the 80's. Body Wars is alot worse at this than Cranium Command.

r4kids
06-29-2007, 06:57 AM
It's really to bad they haven't used this space in so long, with the execption of Dec. I wonder why I they open in Dec.? There is alot of space to be used here. Come on Disney Imagineers lets get something great in here!!

GrmGrninGost
06-29-2007, 07:02 AM
I wish they would refurb this area. Cranium Command is one of my all-time faves. I saw it in Dec.. I had forgotten how much I enjoy it.:mickey:

January-2007
06-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Makes me want to go in December even more now, thanks a lot, guys! :D

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Lets hope it is open this Devember, I haven't seen it in years. I love it.

BashfulMom
06-29-2007, 12:53 PM
I loved Cranium Command. My husband and I never laughed so hard. I hope that if they do redo this area they find a way to keep this show.
:)

mcjaco
06-29-2007, 12:58 PM
It's I wonder why I they open in Dec.?

They open it in December to help with the crowds. More attractions open = shorter lines.

It's in pretty bad shape on the interior, I don't see this pavilion coming back, which I don't understand. There has to be a healthcare company out there that would love to be associated with Disney.

moe513
06-29-2007, 01:00 PM
i havent been in there since 1991. i know its only open seasonally know.

JPL
06-29-2007, 01:45 PM
They open it in December to help with the crowds. More attractions open = shorter lines.

The sad part about this logic is that most people don't even know it is open. They put a little sign out front of the pavillion which is quite hidden and at time have a CM letting people know it's open.

WDWfanatic742
06-29-2007, 05:43 PM
There is also a rumor going around that they have painted over the Body Wars mural that was at the entrance to the ride. Sure hope it's not true because if that's gone, it's going to need a miracle for the pavilion to open ever again.

psychotekkie
06-29-2007, 09:35 PM
There is also a rumor going around that they have painted over the Body Wars mural that was at the entrance to the ride. Sure hope it's not true because if that's gone, it's going to need a miracle for the pavilion to open ever again.

Hmmm... but at the same time, if it IS true, then why would they paint it over if they did not have some sort of plan on refurbishments or changes of some kind. Maybe this is actually a good sign. (pure speculation, of course).

Doug The Disney Man`
06-30-2007, 12:36 AM
I thought I'd read somewhere that they use some aspect of this space for private and corporate events. I don't know what that means exactly, but I'm with you guys, if it's not an open attraction then change it to something new. I was pretty sure I'd seen a rumor that said there were plans to redesign the whole pavillion themed around weather. I would love that. Ride a tornado, float on a cloud or just have a room that was tundra cold to get out of the Florida heat!

I also never understood why they didn't open it in the summer. I know the holiday crowds are insane, but summertime isn't exactly slow! I liked this pavillion because it was old school Epcot with a bunch of stuff to do inside, like the Land.

chrisb26
06-30-2007, 12:40 AM

Well if they painted the mural it was after my trip in december because when i was there the mural was still there.

WDWfanatic742
06-30-2007, 01:09 AM
This was supposedly sometime in the last month or two when they painted over it if it did happen.

JPL
06-30-2007, 01:13 AM
The original rumour from last year said Body Wars was removed which wasn't true. I don't think they would paint ove rthe mural unless it was part of a major redo of the pavillion. It could have been covered for an event and people thought it was painted over.

WDWfanatic742
06-30-2007, 01:31 AM
The original rumour from last year said Body Wars was removed which wasn't true. I don't think they would paint ove rthe mural unless it was part of a major redo of the pavillion. It could have been covered for an event and people thought it was painted over.

That's what I thought when I read that online. Management probably doesn't even know what they are doing with the pavilion right now.

jszczur5
07-03-2007, 12:35 AM
There has to be a healthcare company out there that would love to be associated with Disney.[/QUOTE]
I don't understand why Disney have to have an affiliated sponsor on everything. Surely they have enough money to refurb this attraction without corporate sponsorship. I have taken my sons to Disney 4 times in the last 5 years, and they have never been able to enjoy the pavilion. In all my trips, it has only been open once - back in '92.
They need to re-open it (following a major rehab) or close it completely and open a new exhibit altogether. I keep reading about all the fabulous stuff going on in Disneyland, and feel like Disneyworld is being treated like the poor, country cousin. Even the Orlando refurbs pale in comparison to what's happening on the west coast. Too bad...

joelkfla
07-03-2007, 01:30 AM
I keep reading about all the fabulous stuff going on in Disneyland, and feel like Disneyworld is being treated like the poor, country cousin. Even the Orlando refurbs pale in comparison to what's happening on the west coast. Too bad...
The seaweed is always greener ... :mickey:

In the past 3 years we've gotten Expedition Everest; Lights Motors Action; the reopening of the seacabs with a Nemo theme; Nemo the Musical; and Turtle Talk. Coming soon: an all new attraction, Toy Story Mania; a rumored 2nd MGM attraction in 2009; and what sounds like a pretty major SE refurb. Although I'd love to have the re-imagineered SM and the Nemo subs, I don't feel neglected at all.

GhostHost999
07-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey that weather pavilion sounds like a very cool idea.

The twister ride would be interesting.

How about a lightning display along the lines of what the scientist Tesla used to do?

Another room could have a snowstorm...good way to cool off.