PDA

View Full Version : Do fish have eyes????????????

SgtTigger
06-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Do fish have eyes........ :eyes:

OK I was not going to post this but I just cant hold back any longer........

I recently went to Panama City for a wonderful wedding and Sherrie and I were taken to dinner by two wonderful people, one of whom is a regular on the boards......

Now the story......

We sat down and got menus and we were all reading them. I knew what I wanted since we had just ate at Red Lobster 2 weeks before on the trip down to Disney. The waitress came over and asked if we needed more time and yes one person did need more time so she took our drink order..........
She came back with our drinks and asked if we were ready........ Well, have you ever said something and it just not come out the way you meant? Well, this Intercot person did just that....... She asked the waitress Does the Flounder have EYES?????????????

Well, Yes I lost it......... I was laughing all over the place..... The waitress said why yes Flounders have eyes but no we don't serve them with the eyes on them........ So she took the order and we had a ton of laughs over that......... Well, the dinner comes out and the fish has two olives as eyes held on with tooth picks........ OK yes this started things all over again.......... Well, things had calmed down by the time the check came and guess what the check had drawn on it???? yep eyes............. Oh man we were laughing.......... Sherrie needed a take out box and that also came with eyes drawn on it too.............

So I've been holding back on this story but finally I just had to let the world of Intercot in on the story..........

Should I name the person that does not like fish with eyes??????????????? :eyes::eek:

:cop: :tigger:

merlinmagic4
06-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh my gosh............that is so funny I am laughing out loud and my family is just looking at me :D

And, yes, I think we would all love to know who it was but maybe we should all guess?

I'm going to go find the wedding thread and try and figure it out:spy:

pogo
06-28-2007, 09:22 PM
That is funny......... but I don't think you should mention Jamies name. :D

mtown71
06-28-2007, 09:27 PM
That is a great story!!! Thanks for the laugh & for sharing the story! :D

We won't tell who the person was.:secret:

ghost999
06-28-2007, 09:43 PM
hmpp, i might have to have some fishe eyes next time i got to a place.:mickey:

BronxTigger
06-28-2007, 10:07 PM
LOL...okay so I'm reading this and laughing out loud and DH asks me what I'm laughing about. So, I try to summarize it and my summary apparently does not come across as funny as the original post. So, I'm laughing and he is still just looking at me, which makes me laugh even harder. Oh boy.

PirateLover
06-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Definitely brought a few smiles to my face. Glad to see a server with a sense of humor. Thanks for sharing!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Now that's funny! We always asked my nephews if they want fish eyes to eat. And Crazypoohbear used to ask if they wanted kivver guts. I hope they never say yes!

SgtTigger
06-28-2007, 11:13 PM
That is funny......... but I don't think you should mention Jamies name. :D

No not Jamie...........................

disneydeb
06-28-2007, 11:50 PM
No one can ROB you of a good time!:D

thanks for sharing the great story!:thumbsup:

Lizzy
06-29-2007, 12:23 AM
You know, that story was funny when I heard about it at the wedding, but it is even more funny now. LOL

:eek::eyes:

conorsmom2000
06-29-2007, 06:46 AM
:D That's great - I was cracking up reading this!!

two wonderful people, one of whom is a regular on the boards......

Can't be the bride and groom - Bret said only 1 is a regular on the board, and they are both regulars here.....

hmmm..... :spy:

hoop de do
06-29-2007, 09:00 AM
If you'd do a poll on whether that was funny or not, believe me the "eyes" would have it.
Thanks. :D:D

RedSoxFan
06-29-2007, 09:08 AM
:DVery Funny!!:D

pogo
06-29-2007, 09:56 AM
If you'd do a poll on whether that was funny or not, believe me the "eyes" would have it.
Thanks. :D:D

:funny: :laughing: :D

disneydrmr
06-29-2007, 09:58 AM
:funny::rotfl: That is way too funny! Thanks for sharing!

Mickey'sGirl
06-29-2007, 10:05 AM
That's hilarious. I love that the waitress got into it!

One of my clearest memories from childhood was of my dearly departed auntie saying to my father "Why I never knew fish had eyes".... :confused: It must be a common question....

Dsnygirl
06-29-2007, 11:27 AM
:thumbsup: Too funny, thanks for sharing... so who is our mysterious "eyes" person??? :eek: :eyes:

MickeysGirl
06-29-2007, 12:14 PM
:D That's great - I was cracking up reading this!!

Can't be the bride and groom - Bret said only 1 is a regular on the board, and they are both regulars here.....

hmmm..... :spy:

Good snooping job Jen! hahahahahaha

I got this one figured out. But of course, I have an unfair advantage. I know who was at the wedding. :blush:

Too funny! Do I need to get this person a Flounder stuffed toy when I see them in a couple months???:dory::nemo:

MsMin
06-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Did she order an Angel fish? I really don't know who went to the wedding but I know who likes to go to dinner:blush:
It reminds me of my dad when we used to go out to eat seafood. He would always ask if the fish were blind? You know haven't seen the sea for a long time (not very fresh) :nemo:
Hmmm is this person going to the intercot meet?

SgtTigger
06-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Did she order an Angel fish?

Nope no ANGEL fish..........

DO I need to give a hint?????

One hint this person has not responded yet..... But when the person does I am in Big Trouble........

Piglet822
06-29-2007, 04:59 PM
:blush:

Ok, it was me. But I'm not a big seafood eater and I know that some fish is served totally intact with head, eyes, etc. I knew if something like that came on my plate I'd freak!

I was at Publix the other day and they had some fish (trout, I think) in the seafood case and it had eyes!!!!!!!!!!! So, you see (no pun here). I had good reason to ask questions. I can't help it if ya'll misunderstood me.

And Bret, you're not in trouble. If you sat on this for almost two whole weeks you were probably about to burst. But come November........................................

WATCH OUT!!! ;)

MickeysGirl
06-29-2007, 05:33 PM
So is that what all the excess laughing from the "Intercot table" was at the wedding?!?!?

:nemo: :dory:

Love you, Jeanne... :hug:

MsMin
06-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Honestly, I've heard of ppl refusing to have the eyes in their fish b/c they don't want them looking back.. Jeanne, I have some great restaurant pranks that I could pull out of my "hat" if ever you need one. :D
Sorry Bret, you're a great guy but I love to take advantage of someone wanting to even the score!:blush:

Dr_Nigel_C
06-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Hey Jeannie, don't feel too bad -- I have an embarrassing fish story to tell, too.

Picture this: we're on our honeymoon, in the Magic Kingdom, watching Mickey's Philharmagic. We're enjoying the movie, lots of kids around...when we get to the "Little Mermaid" segment. Look, there's Ariel on screen...and she's swimming with Flounder. I open my mouth, and out comes "Hey, I had flounder for dinner, and it was yummy"!

:O

Oops...didn't realize I said it quite so loud!!! I freaked out the Cast Member sitting next to me, but I don't think anybody else heard me...at least I hope not!

:D

Lizzy
06-30-2007, 01:45 AM
So is that what all the excess laughing from the "Intercot table" was at the wedding?!?!?

That was probably when Jeanne got up and I made a face out of the food on her plate. Wes has a good pic of that :D

weswerx
06-30-2007, 02:02 AM
You mean there was noise coming from our table? I thought the DJ was the only one making the "noise"

Lizzy, I think I have that fruity smiley face pic posted on my webshots page.

Brett, you did good holding back for so long.

SgtTigger
06-30-2007, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=Piglet822;1338840
And Bret, you're not in trouble. If you sat on this for almost two whole weeks you were probably about to burst. But come November........................................

WATCH OUT!!! [/QUOTE]

I thought it might just even us up from the TTA - TTC incident last november..... :laughing:

Hey Jeanie want to go to Red Lobster???????

Piglet822
06-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Sorry Bret, you're a great guy but I love to take advantage of someone wanting to even the score!:blush:

Please share!!!!

Hey Jeannie, don't feel too bad -- I have an embarrassing fish story to tell, too.

Picture this: we're on our honeymoon, in the Magic Kingdom, watching Mickey's Philharmagic. We're enjoying the movie, lots of kids around...when we get to the "Little Mermaid" segment. Look, there's Ariel on screen...and she's swimming with Flounder. I open my mouth, and out comes "Hey, I had flounder for dinner, and it was yummy"!

:O

Oops...didn't realize I said it quite so loud!!! I freaked out the Cast Member sitting next to me, but I don't think anybody else heard me...at least I hope not!

:D

:rotfl:

I thought it might just even us up from the TTA - TTC incident last november..... :laughing:

Hey Jeanie want to go to Red Lobster???????:cop: :tigger:

Well, you didn't see me taking a walking tour of the TTC, did you?

Yes, I'll go to Red Lobster with you. I like their fish. It's blind!

DisneyorBust
06-30-2007, 07:16 PM
This is too funny! It's great that the waitress got into the act. :thumbsup:

MauiMouse
06-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Before I got to the part where she confessed I knew that it was Jeanne. Sounds just like you, sorry my friend. :blush: I can just see the laughter at your table. :haha:

:hug:

pianobabe
06-30-2007, 09:45 PM
This is what I like about Intercot, everybody kidding with each other and having fun. It is like a big family.

Rhonda

Piglet822
06-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Before I got to the part where she confessed I knew that it was Jeanne. Sounds just like you, sorry my friend. :blush: I can just see the laughter at your table. :haha:

:hug:

Just stick with me! I promise fits of giggles!!

The other part Bret didn't tell you all about was the time change. I had no idea Panama City was an hour behind us. So there I am sitting at the table. Looked at my watch. Looked at the clock on my cell phone. Watch. Cell phone. Finally I realized they were an hour apart. You should have seen the look on my face when I realized we had changed time zones. Bret claims there was sign somewhere on the highway. I think he was making it up. But this was right before the seeing eye fish.

Fast forward to today. Off to another wedding, wearing the same watch I wore at Jamie's wedding. Looked at the watch. Looked at the dash clock. Watch. Dash clock. Wow!! They're an hour apart. I never changed the time on the watch because it's not my everyday watch, lol.

I really do need adult supervision before I wander out into public :blush:

SgtTigger
07-01-2007, 04:24 PM
The other part Bret didn't tell you all about was the time change.

I really do need adult supervision before I wander out into public :blush:

So you were using you eyes :eyes: to look at the time???????????

Maybe if the fish had eyes :eyes: it could have helped you out looking at the time......

Those guys following you around it the white coats are not just for fun....... :haha:

Marilyn Michetti
07-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Could be worse. When I was in college, I went into a sports store to buy a tennis racket, and asked the guy if he had any, *****, (you know the green or yellow round things). My mother about choked, and I didn't get it until we got in the car, and she explained.

I hope this doesn't offend the moderators, but I had to let you know, you're not the only one.:blush: