PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hearing anything rumored about a DVC resort at Disneyland in Anaheim?

SignguyTom
06-28-2007, 05:25 PM
We were at Disneyland in Anaheim a few weeks back and they had several kiosks set up promoting DVC. I asked one of the CM's attending and she said she was a regional manager (or similar) and she is VERY confident that DVC in DLR will be the next resort (following AKLV and Contemporary). Any thoughts? I know that the Contemporary DVC is still speculation and nothing is official until it is actually announced, but I am especially interested in DVC in Anaheim. :fingers: I have heard they are considering a lawn area behind the Grand Californian, or what is currently a parking lot west of the Paradise Pier Hotel.

Please chime in with your thoughts.

mook3y
06-28-2007, 06:10 PM
My thoughts are:

DLR DVC would get me to buy more points. :thumbsup:

Tink&Goofy
06-28-2007, 09:57 PM
We would definitely do an add on for a DL DVC. I mentioned something to our guide, and told him were headed there the end of the summer. He said to let HIM know if we hear anything! :laughing::funny:

Sometimes I feel like DL is the ignored stepchild of Disney. Its like the forgotten land. All of the money, improvements and growth are focused on Florida. I think Disney is really missing the boat on this one. There are many people in the western US that would love DVC, but the long trip to Florida limits the number of trips they can make.

(don't understand why this thread was moved to DL Themeparks, of all things....)

BrerGnat
06-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Sometimes I feel like DL is the ignored stepchild of Disney. Its like the forgotten land. All of the money, improvements and growth are focused on Florida.

I highly disagree with that statement! Of course, you can have your opinion, but I really feel like they go all out for Disneyland, and then WDW is left in the dark, as far as spending money for improvements and growth. The DLR has seen MANY more improvements and had a lot of money pumped into it lately, which will be continuing into the future. Besides ALL the DVC being built over at WDW, I really don't SEE much actual improving going on, although they keep talking about how much is PLANNED.

I'm right with you on the DVC on the west coast, though. I can tell you right now, I have NO interest in DVC at WDW at this point. BUT, if they built a property at DL, I'd seriously consider joining. I do day trips to the parks every week or so, but I hardly ever stay on property and fully EXPERIENCE the whole resort (which I would LOVE to do), because it's just too expensive and difficult to get rooms on property.

Carol
06-29-2007, 08:32 AM
We've heard the rumors. It was discussed on here a bit ago. Someone mentioned a wing at the Grand Californian.

I use my WDW DVC points at Disneyland - so it really doesn't matter to me either way.

Sometimes I feel like DL is the ignored stepchild of Disney. Its like the forgotten land. All of the money, improvements and growth are focused on Florida.I totally disagree with that statement. I wish WDW would stop dumping money into building more resorts and utilize it on the parks and entertainment like they do in Disneyland. They still have half of Pop Century sitting idle. :unsure:

*tinker_belle*
06-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Pardon me but what does DVC stand for? I thought it was like Disney Vacation Club or something. I don't quite understand.

mook3y
06-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Your were right on, DVC is Disney Vacation Club. There are "rumors" that they might build one at DLR

WDWizard
06-30-2007, 12:40 AM
I agree, Disneyland does get much more quality rides and attention than the world these days, even though DLR is a smaller resort. A DVC resort will definately be built at DLR- I've heard that they will add a new wing to Grand Californian and also might build an all new hotel.

Tink&Goofy
06-30-2007, 01:51 AM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE DL! There are many things about the parks that I like better. My main comment is in regard to the whole resort area - primarily the lodging. Disney only has three hotels at DL - and how many at WDW? Granted, WDW has more parks, but 3 hotels?? The majority of visitors to DL stay off site. Cost is always a factor, but a huge part is the lack of availability in the on site hotels. Given the space issues around DL, and lack of much available land, I'm not sure what they do. I do know that DVC would do well there. I believe that when DVC comes to DL it will be almost impossible to get into unless you own there and can take advantage of the 11 month window.

WDWizard
07-01-2007, 10:48 PM
They will eventually build more hotels. I heard one is planned for the current main resort area somewhere near DCA. They will also eventually develop more resorts, entertainment, and a new theme park on that land Disney owns nearby. Just dont expect DLR to become WDW, because its not:D

AC
08-13-2007, 06:19 PM
The rumors seem to be flying fast and furious since two building permits have been filed. One is to remove an overhang on the GC to make way for an addition. The other is for the remodel of the DVC sales models.

I'll be first in line for an add on when they announce it.

WDWizard
08-14-2007, 11:27 PM
That's true. They are preparing everything and want to start construction for the DVC wing of the Grand California ASAP. I hear the next project is a complete renovation of the Disneyland hotel. They'll reportedly gut the whole building, re-name the towers and completely revamp and renovate the place. There is also space behind the PPH for a new resort to be built.