PDA

View Full Version : Top Chef

Carol
06-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Any fans? :chef:

BrerSchultzy
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
My wife and I are HUGE fans of this show...it is probably the most addicting show I've ever experienced.

I have to say, though...I don't know what it is about this season (or maybe it's just early), but both my wife and I have predicted the winner and loser of each episode before they're even done the Quickfire challenges, based entirely on how often that chef is featured.

We both knew that Micah was going home, especially after she showed so much apathy toward the meatloaf. She hadn't tried it. She wasn't going to try it. She seemed "too good" for it. It was a shame, because she was very talented...just not into the game.

We're rooting for CJ. Not sure why.

Carol
06-28-2007, 04:22 PM
I didn't care for Micah. She acted like she was too good for the competition and had excuses for everything.

I like CJ too - as well as Tre for the guys. My favorite among the women is Sara N.

mrsgaribaldi
06-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I love Top Chef too. I missed it last night but I'm surprised Micah was sent home. She was the one who won the first quick fire right? It's funny that I watch I because I can't cook a thing. :blush: I never know what they are talking about when they describe their dishes. I wish they would tell us more about what the stuff is.

PirateLover
06-28-2007, 07:45 PM
I never watched this show or any food show like this prior to a few weeks ago but all the sudden I find myself watching all kinds of food programs- And I'm not even a foodie! I would never eat half the stuff they make. I think I'm just addicted to reality TV competitions, especially Bravo. Project Runway, Shear Genius, Top Design,Top Chef... I love them all now.
I like Dale only because he said something about being Lithuanian (I'm 50%) CJ is cool too. I can't stand Joey. Other than that I have a wait and see approach with the rest of the cast.
I didn't mind Micah before last night, but her true attitude came out. So condescending towards american comfort foods. Get over it.

cetacean01
06-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
06-29-2007, 11:13 AM
I love Top Chef (or as I call it "Nasty Chef"). Bravo's reality shows are very interesting with the thing at the end of them all that states that the producers have a say so over who the judges vote for.
Can't say that I am very impressed with any of the female contestants this year.

tinkwest
06-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Our family enjoys this show. :chef: I think the contestants from Season 1 are still my favorites overall. I can't really get a feel for a favorite yet this year although there are a number of chefs I wouldn't miss if they were eliminated.

Micah was hot & cold (this fact was not lost on her fellow competitors) and her attitude to the elimination challenge (all the comfort food looks/smells/tastes disgusting) did not help her. She seemed to miss home too much to stick it out through the whole thing anyway.

I think a lot of them are trying too hard and would do better if they would just loosen up and try not to always be so "fancy" - just make it good! :tasty:

Babyboo875
07-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Can't get enough of this show

tinkerbell04
07-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Love it!