PDA

View Full Version : Wake up Calls

greene
06-28-2007, 02:51 PM
We had a wake up call everyday of our stay and our 5 yr old answered the phone the first day and said it was Ariel.?.?.?.? The days after that we would just push the speaker phone so everyone could hear the magical wake up call.... well we can't figure out who it was b/c it was more like someone screaming. Does anyone have any idea who is making the wake up calls? :confused:

Hayden's Dad
06-28-2007, 03:13 PM
It was probably Stitch he kind of screams "Good Morining no more sleeping" with Mickey trying to talk in the background.

DizneyRox
06-28-2007, 04:24 PM
I haven't heard anyone other than Mickey w/ Stitch. They sometimes play some music for a bit before the wake up call kicks in, maybe that's what your daughter heard.

I once thought I got a Goofy call, did wake up calls for an hour after to try to get it again, and nothing. It must have just been music.

Tigerlilly
06-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Ugh. I was so excited to have the wake up call for my 2 year old. We got it the first morning. The sound quality was so bad and it was just Stitch screaching over the static. I was so disappointed. We did not bother with it the whole rest of the vacation.

r4kids
06-28-2007, 07:36 PM
We haven' t done this before at a resort. Does it cost extra? We have done this for our morning wake up at home on the day of departure and I think it was like $5 or $10 dollars. :mickey: 85 days !!!!!

mickeysworld
06-28-2007, 08:07 PM
We haven' t done this before at a resort. Does it cost extra?

Doesn't cost a thing! Just push the wake-up call button on your in-room phone and the automated system will walk you through the process. The last time we used it, it was Stitch screaming, with Mickey in the background and finally Mickey gets Stitch off and is able to tell you to wake up!

r4kids
06-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Do you do this each evening? Can you set it up for each day? Thanks, I am excited for the kids to see who will wake them each morning:mickey:

DizneyRox
06-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Do you do this each evening? Can you set it up for each day? Thanks, I am excited for the kids to see who will wake them each morning:mickey:
You need to do it each day, and it must be at least 10 minutes from the current time. It will most likely be the same call each day.

Night Pirate
06-28-2007, 08:36 PM
My family and I have never had any problems w/ the wake-up calls:confused:! The screaming was probably just stitch. wow, My suggestion would be to just keep trying. I promise it is a great expeirience for any little kid to get a wake-up call from one of their favorite disney characters in the morning. I know I loved it and still do!!!:stitch:

snifflesmcg
06-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I think we've all heard the same message. I got the same call of Stitch screaming something staticy in the background. We got the wake up call everyday and it was the same each time.

SurferStitch
06-28-2007, 09:29 PM
I loved hearing Stitch for our wake up call on our last trip!! Ours were very clear and easy to understand. He wasn't screaming...just using his outdoor voice.

The first morning of our last trip DH picked up the phone and started laughing. When I asked him who it was, he said I would have to pick up the phone the next morning. Well, starting that next morning, it was understood that fingers would be broken if he tried to answer the phone before I could!! :stitch2:

Sometimes we got Stitch, sometimes Goofy, sometimes just Mickey by himself. It varied.

I really hope Stitch is still waking us up in December. Since we'll be at the Poly, it would be PERFECT!!! :stitch:

mickeys_princess_mom
06-28-2007, 11:07 PM
I love getting the wakeup calls, but I wish there were other characters doing it, also....
:mjump: :goofy: :donald: :chip:

snifflesmcg
06-28-2007, 11:18 PM
I love getting the wakeup calls, but I wish there were other characters doing it, also....
:mjump: :goofy: :donald: :chip:

Me too!

Tigerlilly
06-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Wouldn't it be great if they had like 15 of these messages on random:) That would be worth doing:)

AliceinDisney
06-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Mine was always Mickey when I went four years back, with the "Have a Magical Day, Time to Get Up!" business :)

I love the Stitch idea though, that'd wake up my lazy bf in the AM!

frakers
06-29-2007, 10:03 AM
They've been doing that ridiculous Stitch one for 3 years now. Personally, I could care less for Stitch. When they opened his ride they went nuts with him, basically forcing him on everyone.
Regardless of personal feelings towards him, you'd have though they could have come up with something different for the 100 years or the YOMD. They have been special for other celebrations. Our honeymoon in '97 stands out because it was the 35 years and Mickey telling about it.
We go so many times each year, it really has gotten old hearing Mickey being accosted by Stitch. Not everyone loves (or even likes) Stitch but everyone loves Mickey. Heck, you'd think he could have the floor during such a special part of so many people's vacations.
Besides, how can I know there are "big doin's goin on" if no one tells me every morning?

Lizzie
06-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeaa I totally forgot about this. I love it, and I love Stitch. Did someone mention that there is a speaker phone option?

Kairi_7378
06-29-2007, 12:18 PM
We had Stitch on our first wakeup call in March. I still haven't seen Lilo and Stitch, so I had no idea what the heck was going on on the phone. We had stayed out until 2:00 AM for EMHs at MGM and had flown out of BWI at 5:00 AM the day before. My initial reaction to the phone call was "what the HECK is that?!" Other messages during the week were delivered by Mickey or Goofy.

Cinderelley
06-29-2007, 01:47 PM
but everyone loves Mickey.

I have a confession to make. I'm a disney addict who doesn't like Mickey.

McGoofy
06-29-2007, 04:57 PM
I remember back in the day, a few years ago, when it was just Mickey that woke you up. I thought maybe the Stitch thing was just a phase, and it would go away too. However, it is still there. My little boy loves it, but personally I think it is obnoxious. Perhaps, it is obnoxious on purpose to make you want to get out of bed--kind of like a really loud alarm clock. Oh well, I would much rather be at a Disney resort being awakened by obnoxious Stitch signifying it is a brand new day for the parks than in my own bed being awakened by my own alarm clock signifying that it is a brand new day to go to work!

Mickey 101
06-29-2007, 05:15 PM
We don't like it that 'Stitch has taken over the Magic Kingdom'. I liked the movie, but feel he's not exactly a major character and there's been an oversaturation of him. We miss the old Mickey wake-up calls. They put us in such a good mood and got us off to a great start each day. :mickey:

ariel03
06-29-2007, 05:43 PM
:stitch2: I have to say DH and I really love Stitch. :stitch2:
But we would like a different character and message everyday of our trip better.
:mjump::goofy::donald::dale::chip:

NJBelle
07-10-2007, 12:06 AM
We don't like it that 'Stitch has taken over the Magic Kingdom'. I liked the movie, but feel he's not exactly a major character and there's been an oversaturation of him. We miss the old Mickey wake-up calls. They put us in such a good mood and got us off to a great start each day. :mickey:

I'M WITH YOU ALL THE WAY! The last time we went to WDW (I was eleven) my Mom told me and my siblings that Mickey would wake us up. We were very excited. That is until Stich woke us up by yelling at us with Mickey trying to do it nicely in the background. :( We were sort of dissapointed. Where did Mickey go and why did Stich take his place????:confused:

DawsonAR
07-10-2007, 11:03 AM
My kids love the wake up calls. We do it each day just so my DS can wake up to the Disney Magic.

January-2007
07-10-2007, 11:49 AM
We really enjoy the wake up calls.

psychotekkie
07-10-2007, 02:11 PM
:stitch2: I have to say DH and I really love Stitch. :stitch2:
But we would like a different character and message everyday of our trip better.
:mjump::goofy::donald::dale::chip:

That is a great idea. Like even as simple as different message for each day of the week and then repeat. That would be sooo easy and fairly inexpensive to do.

Is there no way for us to get all our good ideas to the Imagineers!?!?! :fit: Seriously, Intercot has come up with so many ways to improve the parks that maybe they just haven't thought of.

snifflesmcg
07-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeaa I totally forgot about this. I love it, and I love Stitch. Did someone mention that there is a speaker phone option?
Yes, there is. When your phone rings in the morning, just hit the speaker option and the whole room can hear the call.

I have a confession to make. I'm a disney addict who doesn't like Mickey.

:cry: That breaks my heart.

jenperich
07-19-2007, 08:43 PM
We haven' t done this before at a resort. Does it cost extra? We have done this for our morning wake up at home on the day of departure and I think it was like $5 or $10 dollars. :mickey: 85 days !!!!!

You can get a wake up call at home??? How does that work? I would love to do that.

Donalds Duckie
07-22-2007, 08:35 PM
I miss the days of Mickey waking me up saying "Up and at 'em! Big doin's going on today! ..." :mickey: I had Stitch in 2005 and it was so obnoxious to me that just used the alarm on my cell phone after the first call. I am embarrassed to say that I cannot remember which character called me each morning at CBR last Memorial Day weekend but I know it wasn't Stitch!

I wonder who I'll get at CR over Labor Day weekend:confused:

And, you can have wake-up calls anytime 24/7. I've used Disney wake-up calls for midday/afternoon breaks, mornings, etc.