PDA

View Full Version : Spice Girls are back!

ImagiAsh
06-28-2007, 02:03 PM
From CNN.com:

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- The Spice Girls, who burst on to the music scene with "girl power" and attitude in the 1990s, have reunited for a world tour, their Web site said on Thursday.

"Hey everybody!! We're back!! Can you believe it!!" Ginger, Sporty, Posh, Scary and Baby Spice announced on their Web site .

The Web site said the group had come together for a world tour and provided a link for fans to buy tickets in 11 cities across the world starting on December 7 in Los Angeles.

The five-member band is the latest in a long line of pop acts to bury past differences and reform, hoping for success where many others have failed.

The Spice Girls boasted album sales of 55 million during their brief career, and hits including "Wannabe" and "Say You'll Be There" topped charts across the globe.

But the success was shortlived, with Geri "Ginger" Halliwell leaving in 1998, four years after The Spice Girls was created, and the remaining band members going their separate ways after releasing the album "Forever" in 2000.

All now in their 30s, the singers embarked on solo careers with varying degrees of success, and rumors that they may one day reform have circulated for years.

Victoria "Posh" Beckham has maintained the highest profile since the band split, helped by her superstar soccer-playing husband David and regular appearances at fashion shows and on tabloid front pages.

The couple are moving to the United States where David has signed to play for LA Galaxy, and Victoria aims to carve out a career of her own in fashion and television.

Meanwhile, Melanie "Scary" Brown largely disappeared from the public eye until a high-profile paternity case involving Hollywood star Eddie Murphy.

Earlier this month a DNA test confirmed Murphy as the father of Brown's newborn baby girl after he declined to publicly acknowledge paternity.

Alright. I'm almost 20 now, but I'll admit that I grew up during the Spice Girl craze. However, I don't know if I'm quite as excited this time around as I would have been 10 years ago. Either way, good for them...girl power. :laughing:

glenpreece
06-28-2007, 04:20 PM
I for one can't wait for them to come back!!! I will always love the Spice Girls. I am so mad that there are no stops in Canada!!!!

PirateLover
06-28-2007, 07:49 PM
People of the world, Spice up your life!!!!
Ahhh the Spice Girls... I was never a *huge* fan but they were in their heyday when I was teeny-bopper age so I will never forget them. I remember Spice Girls merch EVERYWHERE and had a huge impact on the teen fashion scene (huge platform shoes became all the rage again in the late 90s) and I also remember seeing the movie Spice World in theaters. I remember it not being very good, but it sure was Spicetastic.

Night Pirate
06-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Wow the Spice girls are back! I remember when they were really big and all I wanted was for my mom to buy me those huge platform shoes:blush:!!!!, and all I wanted was long straight hair so I could put it up in the baby spice pig tail thingies. I even owned the movie and watched it like a hundred times before selling it in a yard sale a couple years later!
Great now I feel all nastalgic!

murphy1
06-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Could we pay them NOT to come back??? LOL:blush:

RAIDER
06-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Could we pay them NOT to come back??? LOL:blush:

Ditto
and from the people of the UK were so pleased you have Posh Spice living in your country rather than ours ;)

cetacean01
06-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Hey now!!!!! I saw the Spice Girls live and let me tell you, THEY LIPSYNCH A GREAT SHOW!!!!!

Not to mention the fact that there is nothing like seeing 7 year old girls dresssed like drag queens running around screaming "Now tell me what you want what you really really want!!!!!!"

The Reservoir Dog
06-30-2007, 05:58 AM
Why do we have to go through all this?
The music scene is bad enough already and now this. I suppose there is hope for everyone when this example of no talent gets you millions. They couldn't even mime properly.

ibrowse17
06-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Yawn...Bring back Pink Floyd:thumbsup:

glenpreece
06-30-2007, 11:28 AM
"If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all."
Thumper

RAIDER
07-02-2007, 03:59 AM
"If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all."
Thumper

I was being nice as nice i dare do .....

and sorry you should read whats in the UK press its not even a flicker compared to all the people who think that this comeback is purely back for money reasons as all of the spice girls solo careers flopped ... Already their bickering and theres bets they wont last the whole tour .... :D

glenpreece
07-02-2007, 12:30 PM
I was being nice as nice i dare do .....

and sorry you should read whats in the UK press its not even a flicker compared to all the people who think that this comeback is purely back for money reasons as all of the spice girls solo careers flopped ... Already their bickering and theres bets they wont last the whole tour .... :D

I have read some of the UK press items and I am sure that there is going to be issues amongst them. What group doesn't bicker or get along the whole time. I just think it's because they're 5 women that they make such a big deal of things. As to my quote if you don't like the Spice Girls then why are you commneting on their comeback? I didn't get to se them the first time around and want to go see them this time.

RAIDER
07-03-2007, 04:07 AM
I have read some of the UK press items and I am sure that there is going to be issues amongst them. What group doesn't bicker or get along the whole time. I just think it's because they're 5 women that they make such a big deal of things. As to my quote if you don't like the Spice Girls then why are you commenting on their comeback? I didn't get to se them the first time around and want to go see them this time.

Sorry "what group doesnt bicker" ...They were bickering before they had even announced their comeback to the press on that day !!!....And thats why there being laughed at in the UK

"I just think it's because they're 5 women that they make such a big deal of things." .....Oh please :sick: you are truly now having a laugh

The point is even in the UK they cant see this working as they were a band in the right place in the right time and who only made 2 albums . There not exactly the Beatles ,the Eagles ,ABBA were comebacks are worth it ....

I have no problem with them coming back but its the fashion there doing it ....Theyve tried before and it failed because each one of them stalled as they thought there solo careers were on the up .There only doing it now because all there solo careers flopped and now its a way of a big payday

However if you do get a ticket for the concert ( which should be easy ) ... Enjoy it

NotaGeek
07-03-2007, 11:06 AM
MODERATOR ALERT

Please play nice. Evidently The Spice Girls talking about a come back tour has the chance of being a hot topic! Please respect the different views here, and remember, if you hate the Spice Girls you don't have to post here or go to their concert. :)

I personally WILL be going to see the concert, provided they get it together and actually tour. It will be worth the laugh!

glenpreece
07-03-2007, 12:30 PM
After this I am just going to drop it, feel free to trash them all you want. I agree they were no Beatles or ABBA but they were my thing when I was a kid. So I am excited to see them comeback despite any drama that ensues. And VB doesn't need to do it for the money she is filthy rich it's the others that need it. Put any 5 people together and you are going to get heads butting.

NotaGeek
07-03-2007, 04:36 PM
After this I am just going to drop it, feel free to trash them all you want. I agree they were no Beatles or ABBA but they were my thing when I was a kid. So I am excited to see them comeback despite any drama that ensues. And VB doesn't need to do it for the money she is filthy rich it's the others that need it. Put any 5 people together and you are going to get heads butting.

This thread isn't intended to be a "Trash the Spice Girls" free-for-all. That's not what we do here. BUT, you have to respect that some people don't care, or may just think that the Girl Power ladies have a different reason for wanting a come back. It's not all about the fans, you know.

And The Spice Girls weren't just popular in the UK, they went Global, even in the USA, which is rare for those gems multi-people groups from the UK ... if only Take That, Boy Zone, or STEPS had made it here ... for some reason the US just doesn't get attached to that fab pop sound from the UK I happen to adore.

murphy1
07-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Really, they are laughing all the way to the bank, guys!!!! Poshy has the life, Beckham, the cute kids, and now this.

glenpreece
07-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks NotaGeek.

glenpreece
07-03-2007, 07:55 PM
From the Spice Girls site

"Hello Everyone!!!
We just really wanna say a massive thank you to every single one of you that has registered for tickets for The World Tour. That's well over one million of you - can you believe it? Even more are signing up every minute!!
It looks like you're still up for a great party and it's gonna be one (edited per TOS) of a Party!

We wanted to let you know that our relationship is stronger than ever - it is fantastic hanging out together again and we've still got that "Band Magic" with that mad sense of humour!

We've been doing a photo shoot for the Greatest Hits Album cover and making some very exciting creative plans for the tour! - Just you wait!!!

We're gonna take a bit of a break before the really hard work begins. "Baby's having a baby!" Yeah we're giving Emma some Mama and Baby time!

We're gonna let you know very soon if you have been one of the lucky ones selected to buy your tickets. We hope that you have because it’'s going to be an amazing show! You never know, your friends might get lucky too so tell them to register and join in the fun... they'd be mad to miss out.

thespicegirlscom is not only the place to register for your tickets but soon you will be able to keep up to date with all of the Spicey news and gossip! It's going to be the ONLY place you can read the truth about the 5 of us!

Thank you again for your support, it's great to be back!

Love

Emma, Geri, Mel B, Mel C and Victoria. xxxxx"
LOVE IT!!!!!