PDA

View Full Version : According to Jim not dead yet

2Epcot
06-28-2007, 11:38 AM
I've always enjoyed the show, so I'm glad it will be around for another season.

ABC renews 'Jim' membership
'According to Jim' will return for 7th season
By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

ABC has picked up 18 more segs of laffer 'According to Jim.'

"According to Jim" is officially back for a seventh season, ABC confirmed Wednesday. Pickup was expected, but had been held up by negotiations -- including talks over how many episodes would be ordered of the Jim Belushi starrer. The net ultimately opted to pick up 18 more segs of the laffer, which will return sometime next season.

"Jim" averaged just a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49, placing it on the bubble at the end of this past season. But although the show didn't wind up on the fall skeds, ABC execs stressed that it hadn't been canceled. "Jim" now reps the only multicam laffer in ABC's primetime stable.

Belushi stars as an Everyman who navigates his world as a husband and father. The thesp called his time on the show "a joy."

"When Brillstein-Grey approached me with the idea of doing a family show, I didn't realize the family would extend so wide," he said.

"Jim" also stars Courtney Thorne-Smith, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Larry Joe Campbell, Taylor Atelian, Billi Bruno and Conner Rayburn. ABC Studios and Brillstein Entertainment Partners produce the show.

Date in print: Thurs., Jun. 28, 2007, Variety -Los Angeles

amy-rella
06-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Yay! :clappy: That is great news - we love According to Jim!! Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
07-01-2007, 09:06 AM
:thumbsup: