PDA

View Full Version : Take-Out dining for villa stay

RepoMan
06-28-2007, 02:01 AM
We are planning to stay at WLV or BWV. We have 2 kids, 4 and 2, and the plan is to feed them, put them to bed, and then eat a take-out meal from a good restaurant.

Putting aside the observation that this is not cost-efficient, I have a question (not having been to WDW in over 15 years).

Will the restaurants do take-out? I don't mean room service; I mean, I walk to the restaurant, pick up the food, and bring it home?

If that is an option, it seems like BWV would provide better dining options. It appears that BW dining, BC dining, Epcot dining, Swan and Dolphin dining, etc would all be within 10-15 minute walking distance, right?

Thanks for your help.

auntfrannie
06-28-2007, 06:38 AM
I've done this at the Kona Cafe....I can't imagine why other restaurants wouldn't be able to do it. They would need the to-go containers anyway for people that don't finish their meals and want to take the leftovers with them, so it's not like they wouldn't have anything to put the food in.

ElenitaB
06-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Room service at BWV includes selections from Spoodles and Flying Fish, so that could be an option for a nice meal for both of you. While they would have packing for "doggy bags," it might be nicer to have it served in something other than styrofoam and/or plastic.

If you're on the dining plan, you can order room service (called "private dining") at BC, WL (Artist Point) or BWI (Flying Fish) —including BCV, VWL and BWV, respectively— for 2 credits. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp)