PDA

View Full Version : Resort Christmas Deco.

RockChalkKimball
06-27-2007, 08:30 PM
We will be arriving shortly after Christmas and staying until a few days after New Year's. On our first day, we plan to resort hop and see all of the decorations. Any suggestions on which ones would be the best to visit? I know the GF is a must do, as I want to see the Gingerbread House. Should we make sure we get to the Deluxe resorts and work our way down to the Values? What about the DVC resorts? I would love to see every one, but I know my family will give out before then, so I want to make sure I see the best ones. Thanks for your comments!:santa3::santa3:

mprewitt
06-27-2007, 08:52 PM
You must see the Wilderness Lodge!

AnnieBananie
06-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Hmmmm.....I LOVE going to WDW at Christmas!! Yes, starting with the Deluxe resorts then working your way down would be good. But, all of the resorts are great at that time. You might go to the ones with theming your children would like. DTD has great decorations, also. Have fun!! Been to WDW at most different seasons and I really think Christmas is my favorite time!!:mjump::mjump::mjump:

moe513
06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Beach club has the gingerbread carousel. I hope you have a car otherwise this would take forever.

Tink's Mom
06-28-2007, 04:55 AM
You are going to be so glad that you went at Christmas! It is our favorite time to visit WDW. I also agree with starting at the deluxes. While all resorts are decorated, the deluxes are the most elaborate. My girls really enjoy buying gingerbread at the gingerbread cottage shop at the GF. Have a wonderful trip! :tree:

P.S. I am trying to talk DH into going this holiday season, keep your fingers crossed for me

lockedoutlogic
06-28-2007, 11:09 AM
WL and GF probably have the best decos....

remember that they, along with AKL, are the only locations with a lobby big enough to accomodate a large tree....

Caribbean and Old Key West are surprisingly nice as well....

ibrowse17
06-28-2007, 02:15 PM
I will say it would be worth it to head over to Ft. Wilderness and see the camp sites decorated. People bring their own decorations and really go all out with their holiday spirit:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
06-28-2007, 03:59 PM
I thoght the decorations at AKL were beautiful. And the gingerbread house at GF was nice too. And BWI was nicely done too.

Mickey91
06-28-2007, 10:57 PM
WL is simply beautiful!:mickey:

jpH/keD
06-29-2007, 01:19 PM
We are going for Tgiving but I understand most of the decorations will be up or in the process. My DS4 is a train kid. I understand they have a train village set up in either the Yacht Club or BWI . We will be visiting which ever one has that display! We saw pics online of all the decorations on Intercot and it sold us to go during this time of year! I cant wait! :pilgram: I KNOW I am more excited than my kids! :santa3: Enjoy your holidays!

gauvin4
06-29-2007, 02:17 PM
We are going for Christmas this year and I can't wait to see all the decorations.:cloud9: I am planning on going to GF, WL & YC/BC. Maybe I will see you there!:santa3::deer: