PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Experience

Hull-onian
06-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Have any of you used the DDE? Did you think it was worth the $85.00 investment. I now have an annual pass and will be traveling with DD, DGD, and DGS. Does the annual pass get you any type of food discount? Or you need to have the DDE? Thanks in advance.

Piglet822
06-27-2007, 07:50 PM
I am an AP holder and my DDE card was $65. If you're going to be at Disney for any length of time, or plan on making multiple visits, which I'm assuming you are since you bought the passes, then I would recommend getting it. The savings I've received have already more than paid for the purchase price of the card. We do live local so I do use it frequently.
When you get your card you'll get a list of the locations that accept it. I was especially surprised, but pleasantly so, to see it was accepted at the Tambu Lounge in the Polynesian :thumbsup:

tarzan_rocks
06-27-2007, 09:37 PM
The AP discount is basically 10% off lunch on weekdays only. There are some Downtown Disney restaurants that do 20% off lunch and 10% off dinner weekdays only.

The DDE card gives you 20% off any meal any day at almost all restaurants. Check the list of participating restaurants for specifics.

The DDE card is only $65 for annual passholders compared to the $85 for non-passholder Florida residents. One DDE card allows for up to 10 people to dine with the discount so you only need one card for your family.

The 20% discount adds up pretty fast. If you think you would otherwise spend over $325 in dining during the year the DDE card pays off for you.

Perhaps just as good as the 20% discount is the free valet parking at resort restaurants. We have a family of four with two in strollers. We struggle getting around on busses with two kids and two strollers. We tend to drive most places. The free valet parking is VERY convenient for us. All you need to do is show your DDE card and receipt from a participating restaurant at that resort. The regular cost for valet parking is $10.

The timing of when to purchase your DDE card to coordinate its active period with your annual pass is a little tricky. Call the DDE number at 407-566-5858 and tell them when you plan to activate your annual pass. They will tell you exactly when to order your card for optimum timing. If you will be activating your AP very soon they can arrange for you to pick up a voucher letter at Epcot guest services in the event you don’t get your card before you go.

tr

peaceful19
06-28-2007, 06:58 AM
I bought the DDE last June before my "kids" came to visit, knowing we were going to Cinderella's Dinner at the Castle in the MK. 20% is a big chunk when you eat at the more expensive restaurants. When I bought the card last year, it was only $50; this year I just renewed at $65 (I am a passholder and live locally). The ability to take 20% off of up to ten people dining, and the fact that it includes alcohol (we had a very nice bottle of wine "in France"), made the card more than worthwhile. Granted, I usually go to DW at least a dozen times a year, and nice dining is a big part of it for me, but with the card, I saved nearly $300 after deducting it's cost. One of those trips was eight people, so the savings really added up.

Hull-onian
06-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Thank you very much everybody for your input. I will definitly order it before I go in 295 days. Not that I am counting down or anything like that. I don't know who is more excited, me or the kids. I should make that a poll, LOL.:mickey: