PDA

View Full Version : How Hot Where You Are?

Marilyn Michetti
06-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Anybody out there that can match our weather in Phoenix. Right now, it's 109. The next four days are supposed to be 111, than 112 for the BIG day - the 4th of July. Good news is it's extremely dry - 9% humidity, so it feels about five degrees cooler. I think the Phila. area, (where we lived for 24 years is worse with 95%, and 80% humidity.

Tell me what's it's like where you are.:sun:

merlinmagic4
06-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Wow, now that's hot!! Actually it's beautiful here but I'm a bit bummed because we were in the middle of a perfect camping vacation and my son got sick :( It is hot but the breeze is fantastic at my house! I think we are in for a bit of unsettled weather since it is going to cool down quite a bit over the next few days. Stay cool, Marilyn:)

Flower
06-27-2007, 04:51 PM
We are 91F, feels like 100 with 36% humidity - IT IS HOT!!!! We are supposed to get thunder storms sometime tonight, hopefully it will cool things down.

iheartmickey
06-27-2007, 05:03 PM
It's 94 right now with 50% humidity! YUCKY!

Couldn't do anything but go to the pool and then come home and stay inside.

Disney Doll
06-27-2007, 05:43 PM
We are enjoying unseasonably cool weather with highs in the 80's. Humidity has been bad, but compared to the usual Oklahoma temps for June and July we feel lucky. We've had LOTS of rain which is also unusual, but with drought conditions last summer we are reluctant to complain. Hope it cools down in Phoenix!

Darbylew
06-27-2007, 05:45 PM
We are in Penascola, Florida and it is hot, dry
and humid. We need RAIN!
FIRST TRIP 1972 :mickey:
LAST TRIP MAY-JUNE 2007
NEXT TRIP NOVEMBER 2007 :D
IN THE PLANS APRIL 2008
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN

AZ Disney
06-27-2007, 05:48 PM
I feel your pain here in AZ. I had swim lessons today at Noon with my DS3 and it was unbearable watching him in the cool water.

disneycouple2004
06-27-2007, 06:06 PM
80's and 90's this week..this weekend back up to near 100..but its been very wet..flooding type wet...so the humidity is near 100%..
( if you don't like the weather in Texas..just wait a few hours..it will change ) :thumbsup:

2Epcot
06-27-2007, 06:09 PM
I grew up in AZ and miss those "warm" days sometimes. Here it is in the high 70s to low 80s. My brother and his family just visited from Phoenix. We went to Sea World and Disneyland. They couldn't stop talking about how cool it was here.

SunnyLee
06-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Well...I can't complain too much...however it is VERY hot here. But I have always just assumed that's how Florida is supposed to be..hot and humid. However when I was at Disney this past weekend and I was standing in line to take pics w/ Star Wars characters I could feel sweat drops making their way down my back...oh yeah that felt good...I only started singing though;

"Sweat drops keep falling down my back..keep falling down my back...lalaalala" hahaaha But I will say we need rain real bad!!!

Marilyn Michetti
06-27-2007, 06:58 PM
The beauty, (if there is any), in being this hot, is that we don't really sweat. It evaporates before it can run. That's why we carry water everywhere we go - it's easy to dehydrate and not realize it's happening. Also, if you lean against your car, you can actually get a 2nd degree burn.

For those of us with Arthritis, this extremely dry climate helps so much.

This too shall pass, and everyone wants to be in Az. come Fall. Our population almost doubles during the six - seven months between Oct. and April.

Right now, tho' it's just plain
HOT

SBETigg
06-27-2007, 07:09 PM
It was up around 96 with high humidity in my part of Massachusetts today. Not the best, but I told myself it was like Disney weather-- we're going in August-- and I felt great about it.

conorsmom2000
06-27-2007, 07:25 PM
I think we hit a high of 94 today - right now it's 88 degrees with 57% humidity - so, it's sticky!! :( I'm trying not to watch the forecast because I took a peek yesterday and it was predicting rain for the 4th of July - since it's really too early to know for sure, I don't want to start panicing about our party just yet!! :blush:

RedSoxFan
06-27-2007, 08:10 PM
It was in the 90's again today and was yesterday. We had (so far) a couple of thunderstorms that should cool us down back into the 70's for the rest of the week. The summer weather in central New York is so much better than central Virginia.:cool:

Nascfan
06-27-2007, 08:13 PM
It's not too bad here, we've had some days in the low 90s, and it's just now (this past week) been getting a bit humid. I make it a point to not complain about the warmth though, now the cold, that's another matter! Summer is far too short, and winter is far, far too long.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Its 14 degrees celcius! Not sure what that is in Degrees *F though!

Chris :hatter:

crazykids
06-27-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm close to the Phila area & it's really disgusting outside! It's currently 8:20pm & it's stil in the low 90s & the air is so thick you can hardly breathe. I'm praying for some thunderstorms to roll through & clear the air!

SgtTigger
06-27-2007, 08:49 PM
93 with 225% humidity.... Ok really 95 % humidity but it sure does feel like 225%....

I am so glad the pool is done.......

:cop: :tigger:

disneydeb
06-27-2007, 08:55 PM
93 degrees no rain . Tennessee is not used to going without rain this long at these temps.

snifflesmcg
06-27-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm close to the Phila area & it's really disgusting outside! It's currently 8:20pm & it's stil in the low 90s & the air is so thick you can hardly breathe. I'm praying for some thunderstorms to roll through & clear the air!

We have about the same weather. It's in the high 80's at 9 pm and a storm just started. Our accuweather channel is throwing up red warning banners for severe storms. UGH, so sticky and hot.

PirateLover
06-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Official Philly forecast checking in here:
high of 96, felt like 100
Right now it is 9:15pm and it's 88 degrees and feels like 94
There was basically zero breeze today and the humidity was 56%. Disgusting. Now we are on severe thunderstorm watch. We've had a few brief but severe thunderstorms lately. I kind of enjoy them, especially since we've been renting some Twilight Zone episodes lately- the perfect thing to watch during a T-storm!

crazypoohbear
06-27-2007, 10:47 PM
It was about 96 here today with I think 100% humidity!!!
Does any one remember SPRING when it was a whole season instead of just a weekend???!!!!

Jeff G
06-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Yesterday it was 93 with a dew point of 65, it was sticky hot. Tomorrow were looking at a high of 70 with 15-25 mph NE winds and low humidity(sounds more like April).

Being it's just about mid summer and we put a pool in this spring I'd prefer yesterday over tomorrow.

Cinderelley
06-28-2007, 01:16 AM
I'm right cross town from ya Marilyn, and I'm lovin' every minute of the heat! My only complaint is that you run around in shorts because the weather is hot outside, but when you walk into a restaurant, office, etc, they keep it close to freezing inside. :mad::freeze:

mickeys_princess_mom
06-28-2007, 11:55 AM
93 with 225% humidity.... Ok really 95 % humidity but it sure does feel like 225%....

I am so glad the pool is done.......

:cop: :tigger:
:high5: I knew one of my pals in La. would be on here if I scrolled down! Humidity=ridiculous here....Probably the reason more of us haven't chimed in is because we can't let go of our sweet tea and our raft.....:sun:

Jeri Lynn
06-28-2007, 12:29 PM
My thermometer is currently reading 82 degree's, a little cooler than the last two days which were stifling.

We are expecting storms this afternoon and cooler weather.

MsMin
06-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Maybe we have different weather channels??
looking at weatherbug it's a very cool 88 here with a low low 59% humidity. Maybe the weatherbug is trying to fool me into thinking it's cooler?
Brett I put in your zip and it said it was cooler there than here-- is it raining? We have been having some nice thunderstorms in the afternoons to help keep things a little cooler.
Ok Mickeys_Princess_Mom aren't you real close to me like w/i 20 miles? I'm close to blue bayou. :crazy: are we just being fooled into believing it's cooler out there than it is. It is predicted to get to the low-mid 90's by this afternoon. Come on Thunderstorms my plants need water...
And WinnipegDisneyFanatic you are less than 60 degrees b/c 60F is 16C.
Marilyn, I don't care how dry it is it is still baking over there. I remember staying in Needles when we were coming back home from DL and it was 117. I can't breath in the dry air b/c I'm so used to humidity-- I must be half mermaid by now :D

Marilyn Michetti
06-28-2007, 04:43 PM
They just updated our weather for the 4th, from 112 to 114, BUT, there might be a cloud. Now, THAT'S good news ! Back to Phoenix for conservation - we don't need gas - we just put our dinner on the porch:D

thrillme
06-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Very odd change around here. Ya'll up north are cookin'. Down here in Texas we're averaging between about 70-89 degrees. It's so cool here because of all the rain.

So far this year I think we've hit about 94 degrees but we haven't broke 100 yet. USUALLY we already break 100 about this time of year but all this rain we're getting pounded with is really keeping things cool.

The bad thing is my poor baby is at Boy Scout camp this week. They're in tents. Fortunately where they are seems to be in a pocket and they're pretty much about 75-85, not much rain but a lot of humidity because it's raining all around them.

Cinderelley
06-29-2007, 01:08 PM
They just updated our weather for the 4th, from 112 to 114, BUT, there might be a cloud. Now, THAT'S good news ! Back to Phoenix for conservation - we don't need gas - we just put our dinner on the porch:D

Marily, did you ever see that newscast a couple of years ago when they really did cook the eggs on the sidewalk? That was pretty funny.

MickeyandTink
06-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Very odd change around here. Ya'll up north are cookin'. Down here in Texas we're averaging between about 70-89 degrees. It's so cool here because of all the rain.

So far this year I think we've hit about 94 degrees but we haven't broke 100 yet. USUALLY we already break 100 about this time of year but all this rain we're getting pounded with is really keeping things cool.

The bad thing is my poor baby is at Boy Scout camp this week. They're in tents. Fortunately where they are seems to be in a pocket and they're pretty much about 75-85, not much rain but a lot of humidity because it's raining all around them.

Not sure what part of the state your in, but up here close to OK we're flooding in a lot of places :boat: We've received more rain this month than we did the whole first six months of last year. Of course, it could be worse. I saw they had 19 inches in six hours down in Marble Falls. That's just crazy! :crazy:

Vigan
06-30-2007, 09:07 AM
I think that I would like to swap with any or all of you at the moment.

I am in London - it is grey and overcast and 61F AND it is RAINING :rain::rain:

Yes your typical English rain - dreary and horrible and miserable... welcome to the English summer...... NOT!

:down:

Marilyn Michetti
06-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Ye Gads - NOW, they're predicting 116 for the Fourth, in Phoenix.:sun:

kaerbear178
06-30-2007, 08:14 PM
In San Diego right now it is a beautiful 83 with 37% humidity. Not bad at all...:vacation:

thrillme
07-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Not sure what part of the state your in, but up here close to OK we're flooding in a lot of places :boat: We've received more rain this month than we did the whole first six months of last year. Of course, it could be worse. I saw they had 19 inches in six hours down in Marble Falls. That's just crazy! :crazy:

I'm in San Antonio...Sigh...the temps went up again Friday and Saturday...Sunday was pretty hot. It looks like it's going to go up to about 85 with a "feel like" 90 today. All this rain is great for keeping things cool but it wants to be hot sooo bad that we just end up with a lot of MUGGY. Marble Falls was quite a mess. My son's camp in Bastrop strangely was in a pocket and received only a little rain.

It's been so weird. One hour it's beautiful, hot and sunny and then all of a sudden it grows dark and pours. Go figure...It would be cool if it means that all this moisture will bring some snow this winter.

Dedivah
07-02-2007, 03:04 PM
87 Degrees today with 65% humidity. :sun:

Melanie
07-02-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm vacationing on the NC coast right now, and we were actually a bit chilly on the beach this morning, with the wind, cloudy skies and temps in the low 80s. Very unusual for July, but I'm enjoying it!

conorsmom2000
07-03-2007, 06:48 AM
We've been having beautiful weather during the day - but, so chilly at night! It's hard to believe it's July 3rd and when I woke up this morning to walk Molly, it was 56 degrees out! I've had to wear sweats and a jacket in the early morning! It's killing our pool, though, even with the solar panels! :( We had it up to 84 degrees but with the chilly nights, when we we wake up, it's back down to low 70's/high 60's. I think only those under the age of 10 will be brave enough to swim tomorrow! :D

Tink&Goofy
07-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Yikes! Currently its 102 outside, and we expect about the same tomorrow. I know to some of you this is no big deal, but we rarely hit the century mark. Its been so hot and dry lately - and the fire danger is EXTREME. The humidity is only 13%, which is incredibly low for us (for anywhere for that matter). Some relief by the end of the week, unfortunately, they are predicting some potentially severe thunderstorms - which have a tendency to spark alot of fires!
So for now, I will sit in the air conditioning, iced beverage in hand. Have a good one!

Fantasmic
07-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Here in Liverpool, England it's 58ª and raining, which seems to be the weather of summer this year.
It's so depressing. :(

Tinkerbell627
07-15-2007, 08:29 PM
It was sunny today, here in Texas, for the first time in a long, long time. Probably the rainiest summer I can remember. At least it's better than drought. We also reached triple digits today. Somewhere around 101 or 102, but we're used to it.

Stay cool!