PDA

View Full Version : Bye to one ride

BigG007
06-27-2007, 03:34 PM
If you HAD to remove one thrill ride from Disney, which one would it be? and why?

:(:(:(

MMouse6937
06-27-2007, 03:56 PM
IASW - Yikes that one I could do without!!!

I guess since it's a classic, probably wouldn't be a good idea to get rid of it.

I'm not real fond of the teacups either.

Sharon1026
06-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Dinosaur in Ak. It just hurts to ride that thing.

Dopey's Girl
06-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Mission: Space. I know tons of people love it, but I just can't handle it!

Narawen
06-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Alot of people aren't going to like me for this- but RnR. I just don't go upside down so this is the one ride in Disney I would never go on.

I would also like to get rid of HISTA.

Marilyn Michetti
06-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Primevel Whirl. I THINK it's considered a thrill ride (?), but it just looks like a county fair attraction. IMHO.:(

TuscanRaider
06-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Kali River Rapids. I think that I might have thought of it as being too short and not getting wet enough. :fan:

SBETigg
06-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Primeval Whirl, a useless carny ride not worthy of WDW.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Star Tours.

Update it, or be gone with it.

Chris :hatter:

big blue and hairy
06-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Kali River Rapids. I think that I might have thought of it as being too short and not getting wet enough. :fan:

I agree. Kali River Rapids was a big disappointment to me. I've certainly gotten wet enough, but I think the ride could have been much better.

:sulley:

BigG007
06-27-2007, 05:14 PM
I think ‘Cinderella's Golden Carousel’ and the ‘Teacups’ have to go.

Both have big queues, very dated and my little one come of both rides disappointed

ytzking
06-27-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't know if it's considered a "Thrill Ride" but Stitch in MK can definitely make way for something better. This whole structure has stayed basically the same from "Mission to Mars" thru "Alien Encounter" and now as "Stitch". Definitely time for some brainstorming and a new concept.:cool:

KAJUNKING
06-27-2007, 05:19 PM
i wouldnt get rid of any thrill rides at all, if anything i would add some

grumpycajun
06-27-2007, 05:22 PM
I guess Stitch is supposed to be thrilling, but I didn't care for it. I couldn't eat a chili dog for a month.:sick:

BigG007
06-27-2007, 05:31 PM
I don't know if it's considered a "Thrill Ride" but Stitch in MK can definitely make way for something better. This whole structure has stayed basically the same from "Mission to Mars" thru "Alien Encounter" and now as "Stitch". Definitely time for some brainstorming and a new concept.:cool:

I wouldn’t lose stitch completely

I do agree with getting rid of the stitch ride, it does not do justice for the little monster. I did prefer it better as Alien Encounter.

However I think that a ride themed on the stitch character is a good idea

Mickey91
06-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Since the original question was about thrill rides, I would get rid of ToT.

Mikey Piano 23
06-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Star Tours.... really needs some updating. Toooo jerky for my taste.

CU Tiger
06-27-2007, 08:23 PM
:mickey:So long Stitch!! :wave:

mainemajor
06-27-2007, 08:29 PM

How true and not a very comfortable one either

snifflesmcg
06-27-2007, 08:57 PM
I was going to go with Mission:Space before somebody suggested Star Tours. Soooo, my vote goes to Star Tours. However, IMO Disney is very lacking in the thrill ride section.

WDWizard
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Attractions I'd remove..
Animal Kingdom: Chester & Hester's DinoRama area
Magic Kingdom: Laugh Floor Comedy Club
Studios: Sounds Dangerous, Muppets 3D
Epcot: Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Wonders of Life

CaptSmee
06-27-2007, 09:19 PM
I agree. Kali River Rapids was a big disappointment to me. I've certainly gotten wet enough, but I think the ride could have been much better.

:sulley:

I was so disappointed with Kali RiverRapids. The Popeye ride at IOA is much, much better!

DisneyDreams09
06-27-2007, 09:23 PM
I would have to say I was most dissapointed with stitch, make it DO something,

I Agree on Space Mountain, kind of monotonous really :yawn:

emmingo
06-27-2007, 09:56 PM
The Land (is that a thrill ride?), and...dare I say it...Soarin.

Disneypixie513
06-28-2007, 12:17 AM
I'd get rid of Dinasoar

BritCody
06-28-2007, 06:23 AM
Since it says thrill ride I would get rid of Kali River Rapids. If it was any ride I would dump Stitch

lovewalt
06-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Test Track.I'm just not a fan.And it breaks down far too often!

Spaceship Tigger
06-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Primeval Whirl. Flying mouse coasters never were very good rides IMO, especially if they're not even themed very well.

Jared
06-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Mission: Space. I know tons of people love it, but I just can't handle it!
I agree. Mission: SPACE was great the first few times, but now I usually skip the attraction altogether. Horizons was a better fit in the space.

Does anyone else thin Mission: SPACE is the biggest bust in Disney history?

biodtl
06-28-2007, 11:41 AM
This is a much easier question that which would I bring back.

Without a doubt - Stitch.

Donald Duck 224
06-28-2007, 11:55 AM
If we are talking strictly thrill rides (by that i mean the top 3 or 4 most thrilling rides in each park) I would say BTMR. I know it is a fun ride for the kids and i enjoy it, but if it is out of thrill rides id say that. If we are looser on thrill rides id say SGE.

ghost999
06-28-2007, 12:06 PM
oh yeah definately would have to be stitch and so bring back alien. that was the best one they had there:mickey:

ImagiAsh
06-28-2007, 12:45 PM

:ditto:

mook3y
06-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Well, tough decision between Dinosaur and Mission Space.

I will go with Dinosaur. Mainly because Indiana Jones ride at DLR is much better! IMHO

thrillme
06-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I love all those rides a lot except maybe for Stich but my DS liked it. I preferred Alien Encounter. When my DS (age 6) and I walked out of there there was some grown woman just about crying...:thedolls: as mean as it was we kinda got a bit of a chuckle out of this because she was WELL into her 20's.

I LOVE all the thrill rides!!! I kinda think that AT&T ride in the giant ball is rather OUTDATED. It's PAINFULLY boring. The only reason we tend to ride it is because it's a good way to relax. It would be nice if they did something to update it with more "futuristic" technology. So my vote has to go for the BALL.

There are several others that my DS and I are not keen on but I can see leaving them because they're for really little kids. A couple I haven't even bothered with (like the Pooh ride and the Snow White ride) because the lines are always sooooooo long.

Stu29573
06-28-2007, 06:28 PM
I'd have to say Primeval Whirl. I actually saw the exact same ride at the State Fair of Texas.
Also, I agree that Mission Space was a bust. Millions of dollars to make people barf? It has a bad rep now....
Of course out of all the attractions, Sounds Dangerous HAS to go....

#1disneyfan
06-28-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't think I would get rid of anything. There are a few that need updating or that I or my family don't care for, but others do. I think the nostalgia of the old rides are great and I enjoy even the silliest of rides, because they are Disney rides.

TuscanRaider
06-28-2007, 07:09 PM
I was so disappointed with Kali RiverRapids. The Popeye ride at IOA is much, much better!

I agree! I was disappointed as well when I finished Kali River Rapids. Popeye is a much, much better ride. :thumbsup:

Night Pirate
06-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Well I think they should get rid of TOT b/c it makes young children petrafied of elevators and my little one cant pass a bellhop w/out freaking out!!! Then get rid of RnR because we all know that Rock and Roll is the root of all evil!!!Space mountan because we all know that there never was any space exploration because they filmed it all on a set in LA. And EE because some people like me are allergic to yeti dander. As a side note they should move that pesky castle because we need more room for our strollers!!!
PSYCk!!!!!!!!!!:laughing::haha::figment::stitch::c razy::silly::goof:

TuscanRaider
06-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Well I think they should get rid of TOT b/c it makes young children petrafied of elevators and my little one cant pass a bellhop w/out freaking out!!! Then get rid of RnR because we all know that Rock and Roll is the root of all evil!!!Space mountan because we all know that there never was any space exploration because they filmed it all on a set in LA. And EE because some people like me are allergic to yeti dander. As a side note they should move that pesky castle because we need more room for our strollers!!!
PSYCk!!!!!!!!!!:laughing::haha::figment::stitch::c razy::silly::goof:

haha. very good. :thumbsup:

:hmghost:

Night Pirate
06-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Why thankyou. I'm very happy that my sarcasme was appreciated!!!:cool::thumbsup:

PeterPanFan
06-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Get rid of a ride at Disney how dare you! Ok now the only thing I could do without is the Swiss Family Tree House. But if I have to vote for something I guess it would be......Kali river rapids. Only because last time I went on this I got so wet I had to got to the gift shop and buy new shorts and t shirts for the family because we were still soaked 1 hour later and chafeing bad.

A Foolish Mortal
06-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Since the original question was about thrill rides, I would get rid of ToT.

Sorry! I don't quite agree with that one.

I would probably have to get rid of Space Mntn. To me, it's just no longer fun since RnR and Everest opened. All it really is is Primeval Whirl (without the spinning) inside. It is the same type of coaster that Primeval Whirl is.

Night Pirate
06-29-2007, 11:07 PM
"I would probably have to get rid of Space Mntn. To me, it's just no longer fun since RnR and Everest opened. All it really is is Primeval Whirl (without the spinning) inside. It is the same type of coaster that Primeval Whirl is.[/QUOTE]" (A Foolish Mortal)
wow I really cant agree with that b/c Space Mountan is a clasic!!! And it really just like anything else because every coaster is different, and a coaster is a coaster!!!!! But thats just my opinion!

DisneyDiva20
06-30-2007, 02:59 PM
I WOULD LEAVE IT HOW IT IS:mickey::mickey::mickey: IF ANYTHING ADD MORE

Toad
06-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Mission: Space

MickeyAD
07-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I apologize first to those who enjoy it, but, to me, Primeval Whirl can go. It's really not very different from local amusement park roller coasters. The only addition is spinning. Otherwise, it's awfully jerky and uncomfortable. I've tried it a couple of times and have never much of a fan of it. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, that whole Chester and Hester area can go. It seems like it was built as just a quick solution for filling up space in Dinoland. I think Disney can do much better.

SpecJoe Magic
07-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Kali River Rapids- It's too short with a confusing storyline and a boring show scene that depicts the destruction of a forest. I like circular raft rides a lot, and I assumed that Disney would create one that would put all other raft rides to shame, but I was very wrong.

LizLovesDiz
07-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Snow Whites scary adventures.It's too scary for the little kids,and kind of kiddish for adults.

kaerbear178
07-02-2007, 10:16 PM
I say Primeval Whirl as well. I hate carnivals!

jszczur5
07-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Bye bye Stitch!