PDA

View Full Version : Changes...

tyandskyesmom
06-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Ok, so in 4 days we will be arriving at AKL for our 3 night/4 day/no park trip. We initially started doing this trip cheaply and then decided we'd go a bit more high end because we are not doing parks so we chose AKL because it is our favorite (so far) and we figured it would be beautiful and supply us with the most relaxing activity (if that makes any sense?!?!?!?) of all the places we could have chosen.

Now, I am hearing all this stuff about the construction at AKL and closing wings and people being offered other accommodations prior to their arrival, etc. I am hearing that if you are at the parks all day you probably won't even notice the construction...the problem is we won't be at the parks we will be trying to enjoy our favorite hotel!

Now, if the construction truely is not noticible that's great but what about activity and such. I mean if they are relocating other visitors will they be scaling back on any hotel activities or food service or anything like that? If we will have no notice of construction and no changed in extra activity around the hotel but less people that will be great but I am just finding that all hard to swallow. So my main question here is what recorse do I have after arrival and check-in. I mean if we get there and check-in and we find that the construction is too noticable or that in some way we feel that we are not getting what we are paying for what options do I have? Can I request a hotel change? Even a downgrade with a refund of the difference if necessary? What about an upgrade at not extra cost to me since the only other comparable hotel to AKL is WL and it tends to fill up at busy times? I just want to be prepared in case...I am really hoping that we don't feel the need to move because that would really change our trip but I don't want to feel like i just wasted my money either.

Any opinions, educated guesses, or experiences with things like this?

grumpycajun
06-27-2007, 05:34 PM
WDW with no parks?:confused:

andreallybadeggs
06-27-2007, 06:16 PM
I think I would call the resort directly and talk to them about what inconveniences you may encounter. Hopefully they will tell you it's not a big deal and you can stay with your first choice.
If not, I would think it would be easier to make a resort change now than if you wait till you arrive.
Hope it works out well for you.

kakn7294
06-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Since today is my 45 day mark and final payment is due, I was reading the fine print on the back of my documents while I was waiting on the phone (had a question, otherwise would have paid online). According to the papers, refunds are at the discretion of Disney and made in accordance to the method of payment to Disney - credit card payments get credited back to the card, payment by check will be refunded by a check in the mail, etc. I think you can definately complain if the noise is a problem but I don't know what your options will be for changing resorts. I saw on another website that some guests have been called (at home) and offered changes in their accomodations because of the noise and the fact that the animals haven't been hanging out close to the resort like normal because they are frightened by the noise as well. Maybe give them a call and explain your concerns and see what they offer. Good luck - let me know what happens!!!