PDA

View Full Version : FLYING vs DRIVING??

Disney_pups2
06-27-2007, 01:01 AM
We are coming in from Colorado, I am trying to decide if it is better to drive or fly? It is a 16 1/2 hour drive from here and I could save gas by taking the Prius.... gotta love those toyota Priuses...lol. BUT I am worried about the rumors I have heard about sitting in traffic on "the mouse Highway" for hours. Is it going to be the same "mouse Highway traffic" if we fly? Would flying and the extra money be more worth it? How much does the Disney Express cost for two adults and a 2 yearold?

NotaGeek
06-27-2007, 01:35 AM
You can fly into Santa Ana (Anaheim Airport) and it's about 20 minutes to Disneyland. LAX is about 45 minutes from the Resort. No one can ever gauge a drive unless you plan to hit the LA area no where near rush hour (5am-10am and 3pm-8pm Monday-Saturday). If you can fly, go for it. More time at the Park is reason enough!

Disneyluvr2
06-29-2007, 01:14 AM
My vote is for flying! I live in Northern Calif and HATE that long 9 hour drive! I take a morning flight from Sacramento into Orange County (John Wayne airport), hop on Super Shuttle ($10.00 per person) and can be in the park by noon! I guess it all depends on what's more important...time or money. My time is more important to me so I aways fly.:D

BrerGnat
07-01-2007, 12:22 AM
I would fly, but only into Orange County airport. If you fly into LAX, you'll have to sit in traffic. :)

In fact, if you fly into Orange County, depending on your arrival day/time, you will ALSO have to sit in traffic to get there. There is really no escaping traffic in Southern CA...

Fly in on a weekend day, if you can.

Disney_pups2
07-02-2007, 02:42 AM
BUT, if you take the super shuttle are you still sitting in the Gosh aweful traffic going to the maingate like I have heard about when traveling by car?
Sarah k.

NotaGeek
07-02-2007, 11:27 AM
BUT, if you take the super shuttle are you still sitting in the Gosh aweful traffic going to the maingate like I have heard about when traveling by car?
Sarah k.

Traffic is an inevitability in SoCal. Either you do the driving or someone else does. BUT the drive from SNA (Ronald Reagan in Anaheim) is only about 20 minutes with no traffic vs. LAX which is 30-45 minutes with no traffic. If you are driving from your home I am not sure the last 3 hours of a 16 hour drive should determine if you take a plane or not. If you can arrive in the greater LAX area outside rush hour, it won't be crazy, unless there's construction or a wreck (60% probability).

If you take a plane, then the drive to the resort either by rental car or shuttle will take you 14-15 hours less than driving from home, as WITH traffic it can take 2 hours from LAX and 45 minutes or so from SNA.