PDA

View Full Version : Tips

TinksPixieDust
06-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Question... do people usually tip at the beginning of the cruise or at the end of the cruise? Are there any benifits for tipping the recommended amounts whjen you first get on the ship?

TammiMcMan
06-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Historically, tipping is done on your final night. I don't think there's any benefit to anyone if you pre-tip so to speak. Probably the only benefit is to yourself, in that if you're charging them to your room, you won't have to wait in a long line at guest services. There's really no advantage to the CM's and it may even be sort of a let down for them. I think they work hard and really do try to make their service worth more than what Disney recommends. If you're paying them ahead of time, they probably won't be expecting anything additional and maybe you won't get the extra's done for you.

offero
06-26-2007, 05:43 PM
If you are going on the Disney cruise they tell you to tip at the end of the cruise and they will leave envelopes for you to put the tip in. they will also give you a breakdown of when is considered a fair tip for the service people. Some of the service people even refused tips and said to save it for the end.

I don't think they could have done much more for us if we tipped them beforehand.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-28-2007, 08:54 PM
If I get outstanding service I always make sure to give more than the recommended amount. Tips are based on service, so I would wait until the end to ensure you get the service you deserve. That's not to say I ever have gotten bad service. If you are friendly to the cast members, they really appreciate being treated like they are human beings.