PDA

View Full Version : Buses between parks

sacandjac
06-26-2007, 04:37 PM
I think I might be losing it. I though there were buses that ran between the parks, but we did not see this when we were there in May. Did they used to have buses that ran between parks and now they don't? Did they ever have these buses? or did I just miss the buses that ran between the parks? It makes park hopping a challenge. I am going back in September and want to do a lot of park hopping because we are only there 4.5 days. Any information appreciated.

Rayadragon
06-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Back last october I remember that there were buses between the parks, but I remember that there were exceptions. I remember there being trouble getting from MGM to animal kingdom, and obviously you couldn't catch a bus from MK to Epcot because of the monorail (even if you do have to go to the transportation center...). It's been a while now so maybe there's been a change.

DawsonAR
06-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I have taken a bus from one park to another. I think it was around April 05 the last time I did that. I haven't looked at any other time for buses between the parks.

Figment!
06-26-2007, 05:05 PM
The buses between parks don't run very frequently, so it is possible you missed them.

We took one almost a year-ago to date from the Animal Kingdom to the Disney-MGM Studios. We waited about 20 - 25 minutes for the bus circa 11:00 am.

The bus stops for the parks were labeled by letter, rather than numbers like the resort stops.

I am not aware of Disney discontinuing their park to park transportation.

dolphinmickey9170
06-26-2007, 05:30 PM
We were there for two weeks in May this year and we saw them, but very infrequently. We implemented a little resort hopping with our park hopping, this made it easier to catch a bus to a park. If you don't have time for this, ask the bus drivers what time they run, plan your time and be sure to be back at the bus stop when they tell you. I hope this helps.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-26-2007, 06:36 PM
This doesn't really answer your question, but you can take the monorail between MK & Epcot and the boat between Epcot & MGM. Or if you have the energy, walk between these 2.
Staying at the Dolphin, there were times we'd go in the Int'l entrance at Epcot, walk through and take the monorail to get to MK and it didn't take much longer than waiting for the bus.

Mickey Loves Golf
06-28-2007, 04:24 PM
We do run park to park with a few exceptions...

MAGIC KINGDOM - you cannot pick up a bus from MK to any of the theme parks. You have to go to TTC and once you are there we have bus service to MGM and AK and of course the Monorail to Epcot.

ANIMAL KINGDOM -. LZ 15 - MGM, LZ 14 - TTC (for MK - transfer to the Monorail or Ferry boat), LZ 13 - Epcot.

EPCOT - LZ 1 - AK, LZ 9 - MGM, MK - Monorail to TTC, transfer to Express Monorail or Ferry boat.

MGM - LZ 3 - Epcot, LZ 7 - AK, LZ 11 - TTC (for MK transfer to Monorail or Ferry boat).

Remember...you cannot catch at DD bus at any theme park nor can you catch a bus to the theme parks from DD. If you are at a theme park - go to any resort and transfer to at DD bus. Same applies if you are at DD and you want to go to a theme park. Go to any resort and transfer.

If you need any clarifications feel free to PM me :thumbsup:

bleukarma
06-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I was there last week and we took a bus from MGM to Animal Kingdom.

But we found out the hard way that there is not a bus that runs from TTC to Downtown Disney. If you are at a park and feel the itch to go to DD, take a bus to a resort and then hope on the DD bus from there. If I had known that last week then I would've had my Earl of Sandwich at least 45 minutes sooner!

Mickey Loves Golf
06-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I forgot to mention...Disney buses run every approximately every 20 minutes no matter where you are on property. I always tell guests when they ask me, how long will it take to get to point A from point B?- "give yourself at least ( I stress at LEAST) one hour." It is a Magical world but it still isn't perfect. Lots of factors apply when a bus is running a bit late so to save yourself a headache and lets say you have reservations somewhere...give yourself at LEAST one hour.