PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe

Dyanna
06-26-2007, 01:31 PM
We are looking to have dinner at the RFC in DTD during our Oct trip. Do we have to make reservations or is it on a first come basis? If they do take Ressies how can I go about contacting them?

Another question. We will have daughters jogging stroller with us. Will they allow us to take it into the restaurant or do we have to leave it outside? Will it be safe left there?

DREAMADREAM93
06-26-2007, 01:35 PM
You can either make ressies or come as a walk in. The wait - depending on when your going - isn't generally that bad. And plus, the gift shop is so interesting time just flies by!!
BUT if your going at a busy time of day, you can expect a wait.

If you do choose to make an ADR, im not sure what you would do. Id try just looking up the number online.

JOrdan :]

NJMan66
06-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Another question. We will have daughters jogging stroller with us. Will they allow us to take it into the restaurant or do we have to leave it outside? Will it be safe left there?

The restuarant is too crazy to allow any strollers inside. People are constantly zooming back and forth in the aisles. Your stoller will be as safe outside this restaurant as it is any other place in WDW.

krose78
06-26-2007, 02:52 PM
We've never made reservations we've always just walked up. Right outside the restaurant they have a stroller location we've always just left our stroller there and never had a problem.

dolphinmickey9170
06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
FYI, when we were there in May this year, the Dining Plan does not work here. We had to pay OOP for this one. Not funny, when you expect to use TS credits.

wdwfan
06-26-2007, 03:17 PM
To make reservation for RFC in DTD call 407-939-2648. I always make one because it's always been a long wait otherwise. You can call now for your reservation. Not sure if they will let you take stroller in or not. I don't think anyone would bother the stroller left with the others.

pox24
06-26-2007, 03:42 PM
We just made our ressies for a visit in two weeks. No problem at all. You'll be fine.:thumbsup:

Lucyrella
06-27-2007, 10:27 AM
IMO, this restuarant was not one of our favorites when we last visited. We had a 2 year old with us, and she was not at ease in there. It is loud, and very fast paced. Although the atmosphere is unique, we found the food to be very average. They sat us at a table where my husband smashed his finger to a bleeding point due to the chair being broken. They never even got us a band aid. Just our experience, I am sure others have found it great. Just be prepared for a loud environment. The stroller will not fit inside the restaurant.

DREAMADREAM93
06-27-2007, 10:35 AM
IMO, this restuarant was not one of our favorites when we last visited. We had a 2 year old with us, and she was not at ease in there. It is loud, and very fast paced. Although the atmosphere is unique, we found the food to be very average. They sat us at a table where my husband smashed his finger to a bleeding point due to the chair being broken. They never even got us a band aid. Just our experience, I am sure others have found it great. Just be prepared for a loud environment. The stroller will not fit inside the restaurant.

I agree that it is a very loud enviornment but every kid that i've ever been with has loved it. It really depends on the child in question. My family loves RC and did not find the food to be average. Im sorry that you had such a bad experience Lucyrella. Don't let it keep you from going back! I assure you that everytime we have been the food has been excellent as well as the service.
And they do NOT allow strollers.

JOrdan:]

biodtl
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
We ate there last October and went without reservations (dinner time on a weekday). We only waited about 10-15 minutes. Our stroller was fine outside with all the others.