PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill and California Grill ??'s

mickey&missy
06-26-2007, 01:07 PM
I know, two completely different restaurants! But, I in the thinking phase of our next trip since 2008 rates aren't out yet and ADR's can't be made until Sept.

I've never been to either. My kids seemed very interested in Garden Grill when we were in The Land last trip. Is it any good? How does it compare to other character dining experiences? We'll be going to Chef Mickey's on DD's 7th birthday during the trip, is it still worth it to go to Garden Grill or save it for the next trip?

As for California Grill, is it child friendly? We'll be there with my inlaws, if we could all go together I think it would be nice. But, it would include a 7 yo, 5 yo and a 9 month old. I could get my inlaws to watch the kids and just DH and I go. But, I'd love for all of to see Wishes from there! My older kids are very good at restaurants and have been to a lot of fancier ones.

TIA!!

Mackflava99
06-26-2007, 03:15 PM
The Garden grill in the land is Family style and very good food- not alot of selections but enough to make most people happy. The entire restaurant revolves in circles (very slowly) so its pretty cool to see your environment change while eating. great lunch stop
As for Characters, You get to see Chip and Dale,Mickey and others- very good setting for pictures and easy access to characters- My kids really enjoy this place alot-

As for Garden grill- food is tremendous- great selection, sushi, flatbreads etc- but not character dining.
Both are great, it depends on what you want.

Also you can confuse the garden Grove in the Swan- We went there last week for a character dinner- Actually by a mistake made duriing ADR. it was actually very, very good- buffett was great, desserts were exceptional, service was top notch. Goofy and Pluto were there, very accessible and spent alot of time with our kids.

pox24
06-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Easy...
Garden for kids, California for adults. Although many do bring kids to the CG, its more suited for an adult laid back evening... I think.

mrsgaribaldi
06-26-2007, 05:52 PM
I've been to California Grill many times and have seen alot of kids there everytime. Just make sure they are well behaved. I don't mind children at all in places but if they were running around and screaming I think people would be bothered. Not to say your kids are not well behaved, I'm just saying in general. The kids will love seeing the fireworks too:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
06-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Garden Grill has a nice character meal. The food is not bad but it was better before they changed the menu a couple years ago. The whole seating area rotates slowly. Usually makes about one full revolution in the time it takes us to eat our meal. Perfect for childrenl!:mickey:

The Cali Grill is a different story. You might want to check the menu to see if there is anything on it that your DKs might like.My DKs do not care for the food there. I on the other hand love it.It is my favorite WDW restaurant.The fireworks are spectacular!:fworks: Either way, enjoy!!

Natazu
06-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Garden Grill is my favorite character meal. The food is good and the character interaction is one of the best.

California Grill is as child friendly as any nice restaurant. There are as many families up there as adult groups. I wouldn't worry.

jedi jen
06-27-2007, 12:32 PM
I love both. I took DD(5) and DS(9) at both last year and we plan to do both this year. We had a great time at both locations.

Garden Grill ---We did other character meals too, and the kids seemed to enjoy them all. We spend little to no time in the parks on characters, so we get our character fill at the meals. The kids really liked Garden Grill - best character interaction, the rotating restaurant, and the decorate your own cupcakes. DKs were thrilled.

Cali Grill ---On the other hand, we actually went to CG twice last year and will go again twice this year. I love watching Wishes there, and the food is great too.

I think which ever you choose, it will be great.