PDA

View Full Version : Wearing crocs at Disney?

DisneyFreak23
06-26-2007, 01:04 PM
If i were to buy a pair of crocs, would it be a good idea to wear them at disney? I know, I know, I am probably on of the only people in the planet that does not own crocs, but i just wanted to know what you thought about them.

:stitch:

Disney Maniac
06-26-2007, 01:08 PM
I would wear your Crocs!!! They are very comfortable and your feet would get hot or sweaty. Also they dry off really fast after you get them wet. They may look ugly but you will not regret wearing them. They are the only shoes I bring to WDW for my vacation. Good Luck!!!

DawsonAR
06-26-2007, 01:09 PM
I haven't ever worn them at Disney, but I do own a pair and I think they would be comfortable for all day walking/standing. I wear them around the house a lot and I think they are actually more comfortable than my tennis shoes. My DS (5) has a few pairs and he can only wear them for a short time. He says his feet hurt while wearing them. And my DH could wear his all day every day and never get tired of them. I guess it just depends on each person. I think this next trip, I will be wearing my Crocs for the first time to Disney.

Speedy1998
06-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Lots of people seem to. And Disney sells themed versions of them.

Personnaly, I do not like any footware that is open. IMHO, sandle, Crocs etc. do not provide enough protection for your feet.

tshlw
06-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Me and my sister got a pair of Disney cros to share last time we were there. Needless to say she never really got the chance to wear them as I wouldn't take them off.

We tried to find another pair but they did not have any in the right size and we looked everywhere. So when we got home order a pair in black. I wear them everywhere unless I have to have pair of dress shoes on.

Later gave the red ones we got at Disney to mom and then order another black pair for my sister.

KAJUNKING
06-26-2007, 01:55 PM
couldnt vote because i dont own a pair, but after all ive read about this subject i will be getting a pair for my trip in sept

dolphinmickey9170
06-26-2007, 02:05 PM
We wear our crocs all the time. I work in an ER, and all the nurses wear them. My DH, who has THE fussiest feet, loves his. He has a hard time finding tennie runners that are comfy, but he loves his crocs. And they aren't ugly. They look awesome. You can also buy jibitz for them that stick in the holes of your crocs. I got Tink and the castle, my DD got anything with pirates, even her crocs are pirates, and my DH got Donald and Stitch. They are cool. Hope you like them. I have pink with mickey heads and a white strap, my DH got black ones with a red strap. There are lots of choices.

DisneyFreak23
06-26-2007, 02:05 PM
couldnt vote because i dont own a pair, but after all ive read about this subject i will be getting a pair for my trip in sept

that is the reason i started this thread, to see if it was worth getting a pair for when i go in september! lol:thumbsup:

DisneyJunkie
06-26-2007, 02:08 PM
What in the world are crocs?

Tynkerbelle
06-26-2007, 02:11 PM
I LOVE my Crocs!

I bought a red pair a few years ago just to wear once in a while (holidays & such) and bought a second pair (white) especially for my WDW trip last Sept at my podiatrist's urging (I have foot problems). I took the new Crocs and my New Balance's with orthodics - I never wore my sneakers on that trip, the Crocs were so comfy and my feet never hurt at all!

I have added a pair of Disney Crocs to the collection this year.

Not only do I wear my Crocs in Disney, I wear them all the time when I'm going to be on my feet a lot.

PS - I don't think they're ugly, either....

DisneyFreak23
06-26-2007, 02:13 PM
What in the world are crocs?

PLEASE tell me you are not kidding?:confused:

go to crocs.com and look at the footwear. they are supposedly the most comfortable shoes EVER. I own none, but all my buddies have at least three pairs each. the most popular kind is the 'beach' version. the company even sells a kind of crocs where the venilation holes are shaped like Mickey heads.

:stitch:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I LOVE my Crocs, my DH teases me about how many different colours/styles I own...and one of my Sunday School kids asked me "Heather - do you own ALL of the Crocs?"

Seriously, they are the most comfortable thing I own, and I wear them every day, unless I HAVE to dress up, and can't get-by without dress shoes.

offero
06-26-2007, 02:23 PM
I was given a pair of crocs just before our last trip, to use in the park. In the past I have always worn sneaks or sandals. The crocs won hands down and I wear them every time we go for a walk. All the other manly men make goof on me but i can live with it they are comfortable enough.

offero
06-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Also my wife just bought her third pair. one sandal pair and two pairs with the holes in them. she loves them and wears them to work.

Joanna
06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I wear Crocs at Disney some of the time. I also wear my athletic shoes and OkaB's.

Pocahontas
06-26-2007, 03:38 PM
I have thought Crocs are absolutely the ugliest shoes I have ever seen and have not been able to bring myself to even try on a pair, even after hearing over and over how comfortable they are. I'll have to check out the Disney Crocs and see if the looks of them change my mind. I do like comfort, but just can't get past the look -yet. I guess I'll just have to stick with athletic shoes.

ghost999
06-26-2007, 03:50 PM
i used to own a pair. but they tore. i would only wair the ones that have the closed backs. they are comfortable the only problem is that they make your feet sweaty.:mickey:

AvonleaCF
06-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Do you wear them with our without socks?

dog-ears
06-26-2007, 04:05 PM
I haven't ever worn them at Disney, but I do own a pair and I think they would be comfortable for all day walking/standing. I guess it just depends on each person. I think this next trip, I will be wearing my Crocs for the first time to Disney.

I agree with DawsonAR - This will be my first time wearing them at Disney. I will probably bring a pair of sneakers as back-up but I feel confident I will be fine with the crocs. I have worn them walking around all day before and they have got to be some of the comfyest shoes on earth!

I don't think they're ugly they're just well, a little awkward-looking! But the Disney ones with Mickey are cuter! :mickey:

aurora, ariel, and bell
06-26-2007, 05:42 PM
i bought a pair of pale pink ones with the holes last month. i don't think i have taken them off. they are so comfortable. my dh says i should do a comercial..i'm always promoting how great they are. i went to the local zoo and put sock in them and then my feet do didn't sweat. i just got a pair called cleo and they are sandels and the are just as comfortable. these are the only shoes i will be taking in september!!

kakn7294
06-26-2007, 05:43 PM
I LOVE my Crocs - I wear them everywhere. I even wore them to church once. :blush: In the summer, I wear flip-flops all of the time, but I still wear my Crocs to work and I bought Crocs Capri flip-flops so I could have the best of both worlds.

grumpycajun
06-26-2007, 05:44 PM
I wore them 90% of the time last year and what a difference! My legs didn't get nearly as tired.

Christine
06-26-2007, 05:51 PM
If i were to buy a pair of crocs, would it be a good idea to wear them at disney? I know, I know, I am probably on of the only people in the planet that does not own crocs, but i just wanted to know what you thought about them.

I bought my first and only pair of crocs at Disney on my last trip in March. My tennis shoes were KILLING my feet, and I broke down and bought the Mickey crocs at the Emporium.

They are as ugly as the normal crocs (just Mickey shaped holes vs. plain circles) but MAN are they comfortable!

I am anti-Billy Crystal...it is better to FEEL good than to LOOK good! :thumbsup:

I will wear them to Disney all the time now.

Someone asked do you wear them with or without socks...I wear them without mostly. The only time I wore them WITH socks was when it was cold and I was wearing jeans, so you couldn't tell anyway.

I think that at my age and with my bad back, I am beyond the point of vanity...I just want to be comfortable!! :blush:

mrsgaribaldi
06-26-2007, 05:57 PM
They were them all the time in the ER I work at too. They all swear they are so comfortable. I need to wear special inserts so I don't wear the crocs.

January-2007
06-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I wore my crocs on our last trip. The last full day in the parks I was shocked at how my feet didn't hurt. Amazing!! I got my pink Disney crocs at the end of our Honeymoon in January. I wear them at home all the time, the only time I wear other shoes is to go hiking and to go to work, otherwise I'm always in my crocs! I plan on buying more in September because mine are getting worn out a little. You want to hear something funny? When I got them in January they were just putting them on the salesfloor. They didn't have my size in pink so I got a size bigger. Now I am so used to this size that when I tried on my regular size in May it felt weird, isn't that funny?! They're so big but they stay on fine even without the back strap, I keep it on the front like a clog. So I am a croc convert, I think they're great.

momof3boysinTN
06-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Croc flip flops get my vote! I wore them 8 days straight last year. I carried my new balance and never put them on and my feet, legs or back never hurt at all. The flip flops seeem to have more support for my foot and the crocs with holes. the next time we are at WDW crocs will be my shoe of choice. The kiddos wear the ones with holes! No wet tennis shoes to dry out!! :mickey

snifflesmcg
06-26-2007, 07:39 PM
I would have never even considered wearing crocs.....until I read posts by you guys telling me how great they are. So, about a month ago, I broke down and bought my first (UGLY) pair of Crocs. I have problems with my feet so I am hoping I hold up when I go in Sept :).

mickey&missy
06-26-2007, 09:34 PM
If I had known they'd be so comfy to walk in at WDW I would have worn them the whole trip last time!

I took 1 of my 2 pairs last trip and my Thursday, the 6th day of our 8 day trip, my feet and lower legs were killing me. I put them on, they matched my outfit that day, and was so happy that day! I wore them the rest of the trip. I raved to my sister, who was there at the same time, and she said she was definitely buying a pair before they go again.

The thing about them is their so light and flexible. Its not like the hard sole of a sneaker or other shoe. Its kind of like a cushion! Sooo comfy!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-26-2007, 09:45 PM
I'll be the oddball as usual..lol. ;)

I broke down and bought myself a pair of Crocs for the beach, etc. My kids live in theirs. They each have 3 pairs. Sean has one reg, on POTC pair and one Mickey pair, Riley has one regular pair, one pair of Croclings (a new style for kids) and a Mickey pair. Taylor has a purple pair and two pair of Mickeys. :mickey: I am getting her a pair of the Maryjane style this weekend.

Anyway....They are not as comfortable as I thought they would be. I am almost afraid to say it. :blush: They aren't bad but, no where near as comfy as my sneakers or flip flops. Maybe I have weird feet..lol. My Ortho surgeon even recommended them after my last knee surgery. He said they were great for patients with knee issues. I guess just not me.

I will say though, they are awesome in regards to just being able to spray them off after you get them dirty. Also, the ease in which kids can just slip them on and off. They are very lightweight and keep your feet cool.

Maybe I have an "off" pair. :confused:

stephntampa
06-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Not only are crocs comfy, but fun to "decorate" with jibbitz (for those who don't know what jibbitz are, use your favorite search engine and type jibbitz ;) I have found some really cool disney ones! :mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-26-2007, 11:19 PM
I wear crocs to work everyday. however, this is the first trip that my DD and I will be wearing crocs to WDW. I will be bringing sneakers as back up, but I don't think my crocs will fail me.

Camping Mom
06-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Sounds like I need to go get a pair!! As long as there is a strap in the back. I can't wear a sandal that doesn't cos I can't keep them on. I curl my toes when I walk because I feel they are coming off and my legs and feet hurt. I usually just wear tennis shoes, but sounds like I need to invest in a pair of the "ugly shoes" as I call them.

Who'd have thought that a rubbery shoe with holes in them would have been so popular???

Disney_pups2
06-27-2007, 01:16 AM
NUH UH...... Chaccos mommy here.... Chaccos all the way!!!!!!

larandtra
06-27-2007, 10:29 AM
I have a pair of the sandals and they are incredibly comfortable. I wont wear any other sandals or flipflops now.
Yes they are ugly and a bit pricey, but, they are so comfortable.

Jared
06-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I wear a pair of cheap Nike sandals every day in the summer but rarely in Walt Disney World. Sneakers are the only type of footwear that can support my feet through miles of walking.

As a postscript, Crocs look absolutely ridiculous. I have no idea how they somehow became popular and fashionable. They look like children's water shoes.

MickeyMousse
06-27-2007, 10:47 AM
I worked in the ER and most nurses wore them. I always wondered being that they are made out of rubber, don't they make your feet sweat without socks?? :flame:I always thought they looked ugly, but hey, response on this board states they are super comfortable so I just might give in :giveup: and try a pair for our November SSR trip!

But really, what about the sweat? :confused:

Dopey's Girl
06-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I love my crocs...the mary janes I have are my favorite shoes! I couldn't wear just crocs to WDW though...my feet are crazy and hurt if I wear any kind of shoe, no matter how comfy, for more than 4 or 5 hours at a time. I would say try the crocs, but be sure to have something tried and true with you as well. You don't want blisters or sore feet to ruin a trip!

wedway76
06-27-2007, 05:05 PM
I know, I know, I am probably on of the only people in the planet that does not own crocs,

No you aren't one of the only people in the planet who don't own them. I don't own a pair and I never will. I don't care how wonderful they feel.

I’m no fashion plate but PLEASE! I just don’t get it. But what do I know.

septembergirl
06-27-2007, 06:55 PM
I was glad to see this poll because I have been wondering the exact same thing but I am still undecided at this point! It seems like a bit of a tie.:confused:

Golf Grumpy
06-27-2007, 07:38 PM
I just bought some at Mousegear and they feel great. I will wear them for a while.

eLPack
06-27-2007, 08:23 PM
I have MAJOR foot problems... major.. virtually any shoe hurts and I've spent lots of money on custom shoes.. which...
hurt. Seeing so many people wear the ugly rubber holey things... and reading so many comments about how great they are.. I figured.. hey, why not... I now own 2 pair - wear them every day and will be buying a few more pairs. The only slight issue I had was the round thing that lets the strap move caused some irritation - so I covered it with something soft (moleskin). For the first time ever.. I would recommend these "shoes" to anyone and keep kicking myself for not thinking of producing ugly rubber holey shoes myself. :mickey:

disneydeb
06-27-2007, 09:03 PM
I have a navy pair of beach, a black pair of Mary Janes and a black pair of flip flop crocs.

tinksmom02
06-27-2007, 09:04 PM
My mother has had more foot and knee surgeries than I can even remember...I think twelve?? Anyway, she bought 2 or 3 pairs of Crocs (after MONTHS of me telling her to try them!) for her trip to Ireland. Her and Dad walked MILES on that trip...she was very comfortable in them. Mind you, she still had pain, but unfortunately, I think that's something she's going to have to live with.

It's very uncomfortable for her to wear sneakers, so the Crocs were really helpful.

I think DD and I are taking ours to WDW in Sept (actually, we have Gekko's, not Crocs...the authentic ones don't seem to fit either one of us very well). I'll be taking sneakers as backup, but I'm pretty confident that the "Crocs" will hold up well.

emmingo
06-27-2007, 10:02 PM
I wear the maryjanes, and those are the most comfortable for me. I have a pair of the "prima" ballerina slippers for work, and I can wear those for pretty long, but the flip-flops hurt my feet after a couple of hours. I have to bring Band-aids for the thing that goes in the middle of your toes. :mickey:

Catwillow
06-27-2007, 10:17 PM
I remember when they first came out I vowed I would never wear anything so ugly I didn't care how comfortable they supposedly were.

Well, my best friend bought me a pair when we were at Disneyworld (end of May this year) @ Downtown Disney. The next day I wore them to the park...all day. The only time I took them off during the 6 days was to sleep..lol.

I had BOTH knees totally replaced 2 years ago (this May). I have worn many shoes @ Disney. These are the first shoes I have worn since my surgery where my legs didn't feel exhausted at the end of the day NOR did my feet swell. Not once did my feet feel sweaty or uncomfortable and it even helped with the pain in my hips (have to have them replaced too).

It was nice not having to worry about my shoes getting soaked when it was raining out....and when dirt/mud/sand got on them a quick trip to a faucet took care of it.

I can't wait to try some of the different versions.

Kathleen

RPHX2NC
06-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Who is old enough to remember Jelly shoes? Sweaty feet, everyone had them. They however hurt. They were expensive for being made out of plastic and they broke.

Crocs may be comfortable but they are foam. I would never wear them but that is only MHO. I have considered buying some for the children. I think men who wear them look, well to be nice, strange.

I don't like having the same shoes as everyone else. May family of 5 is currently croc free. But I may give in to the kids.

Mousefever
06-28-2007, 01:19 PM
As a postscript, Crocs look absolutely ridiculous. I have no idea how they somehow became popular and fashionable. They look like children's water shoes.

To answer your implied question, I think that Crocs became popular because so many people find them so comfortable.

As people age, many of them are much more interested in function over fashion. As a person in my 30's, what other people think about my footwear choice doesn't bother me. Whereas in my late teens and early 20's, I would have been much more likely to wear shoes that looked good, over shoes that felt good. That being said, I don't wear my crocs everywhere. If I'm not doing heavy walking or going to the water park, I don't wear them much at all. But they are wonderful shoes for Disney World!

:dory:

greene
06-28-2007, 01:56 PM
I wanted to wear flip flops during our vacation and so I bought a pair of the croc flip flops and wore them everyday we were there.....

they were very comfortable but after about 3 days my big toe started going numb ????? weird right!!!!!

I have no idea if it has anything to do with the shoes or not but my big toe is still numb and I haven't worn them in 6 days.......

Disdad13
06-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Does anybody who has crocs have flat feet? I am "blessed" with very flat, very narrow and very skinny feet. I would love to think these crocs are not just A CROCK, and would work for me. From past experience, I am skeptical they would work for me. So....any of you croc lovers out there flat-footed? Any flat foots tried them? Do they work for you:confused:

Mousefever
06-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Does anybody who has crocs have flat feet? I am "blessed" with very flat, very narrow and very skinny feet. I would love to think these crocs are not just A CROCK, and would work for me. From past experience, I am skeptical they would work for me. So....any of you croc lovers out there flat-footed? Any flat foots tried them? Do they work for you:confused:

I was just on the Croc's websit and they have a new style coming out called "Specialist." Here is how they describe it:

• new professional styling creates the ultimate comfort shoe for the workplace
• designed to meet workplace standards with a closed heel and a closed toe design
• thicker metatarsal area helps protect the top of the foot
• supportive arch and footbed circulation nubs ensure all-day comfort
• exclusive croslite™ material conforms to foot creating a custom fit
• loose fit allows foot to bend and expand naturally, reducing fatigue
• odor and bacteria resistant
• simply sterilize and clean in water and bleach

Hope this helps with your decision!

:dory:

lilmick
06-28-2007, 08:29 PM
I just bought a pair of the Disney themed Crocs (pink with white straps) and I LOVE them. I bought them just to wear at WDW, where we are headed in a week and a half!!! My husband thinks they are awful and he had to get Birkenstocks to wear for our trip. He's kind-of a clothes/shoe snob but I'm going to wear my crocs with pride!:mickey:

Becky'sMom
06-29-2007, 07:03 AM
I am another of those who thought they were too ugly to try....but I think you're convincing me. I bought a pair of Teva sandals to wear in WDW, but if they give me any trouble, I'll buy a pair of the Disney crocs....can you tell me where in Disney to find them?

DisneyFreak23
06-29-2007, 08:27 AM
I believe (not sure)
that you can probably find them in places like the Emporium on Main street, Mousegear in EPCOT and World of Disney in DTD.

I am not sure if there are more places so if anybody knows any other places, or if one of these places is wrong, let me know!

DisneyCrazyET
06-29-2007, 02:16 PM
I plan to wear them at Disney. DH, DS and I just got them last week. Both DH and DS like them. I have been wearing them around and they are okay. I wear a half size so they don't fit as well as I would like them. Ilove my TEVAs, so I will bring them just in case.

MNMS
06-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I have thought Crocs are absolutely the ugliest shoes I have ever seen and have not been able to bring myself to even try on a pair, even after hearing over and over how comfortable they are. I'll have to check out the Disney Crocs and see if the looks of them change my mind. I do like comfort, but just can't get past the look -yet. I guess I'll just have to stick with athletic shoes.

My daughters (4 and 6) both have crocs and love them. I've heard though that many of the knock-off versions (they look like crocs, but are not the croc brand) are not comfortable. I'm not status conscious so I am not really into having to buy name brands (my kids got them as presents), but just beware if you plan to buy non-croc brand.

Also, the Disney crocs don;t hold the gibetz well becuase the holes in the shoes are shaped like mickey mouse and not a simple circle so they tend to fall out. For those who don't know -- gibetz are little characters. shapes, etc. that you can put through the holes in the corcs to decorate them.

RockChalkKimball
06-30-2007, 10:52 PM
I wish they would take the wonderful comfort that everyone talks about and put them in a decent-looking pair of shoes. I have vowed never to own the ugly things, but if they looked like normal shoes, and not clown shoes, I might be tempted!!
I have problems with my feet and can't walk 2 feet in a pair of flip flops. I have to something snug and if they made my feet sweaty, I would gross out.... guess I will stick with tennies.

sgdisney
06-30-2007, 11:06 PM
After reading this thread the other day, I decided to try them out. I'm one of those who does not like the looks of Crocs and I've been looking for a comfortable pair of flip flop type sandles so I bought a pair of the Croc flip flops. I have to say I've worn them for two straight days and they are very comfortable and will be going along to WDW with me. But my tried and true Reebok walkers will be with me too!

dolphinmickey9170
06-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Why do you think so many women have so many problems with their feet, legs, knees and hips later in life. They worry too much about what someone is going to think about their footwear instead of taking care of the only two feet your ever going to have. Comfort should always come first. My DH, DD16, DD 22, DGD 9 mo and myself all have them and wouldn't trade them for anything. When I wear my Nike sneakers, my feet sweat, swell and my legs are very heavy at the end of the day. The crocs are so light, it's like your barefoot (I hate most shoes anyway). They are so comfy. Our feet don't sweat either. If you are the type that needs a sock, which sometimes I do, we were the "no show" socks that come in a 5 pack from wallyworld (walmart) for 3.96. If you see nurses etc wearing them everyday (we are on our feet for 12 hours a day) this ought to tell you something. We aren't going to wear them if they weren't comfortable. If you don't like them, that's okay...;)just more for me to buy!!:blush:

As another poster stated, the jibitz are really cool too, but, the Mickey shoe does tend to lose them if they are the bigger sizes, because the mickey heads holes are bigger too. I have a Cindy castle on my right shoe and a Tink on my left. Gotta love 'em!!:number1:

Squeaky Mouse
07-01-2007, 09:17 AM
I bought a pair of Croc Mary Jane's yesterday for our July WDW trip. I hope they are as comfortable as the traditional Crocs. They do seem to fit a little differently. So far thought, they are very comfortable.

Dh, younger ds, and dd also will be wearing their Crocs at WDW. Older, teenaged ds is trying to figure out how to wear a pair and still "save face." I'll keep you posted as to how that goes. He's thinking about getting a pair of the ones that look like pool slides. (Sorry, I cannot remember the name and am too lazy to look it up on the Croc site.)

So many people of all ages in our area are wearing Crocs that I really don't notice them any longer. In fact, before buying my Mary Janes, I had to repeatedly remind myself to look around and see if people were actually wearing these as much as traditional Crocs (Beach/Cayman). (They were!) During the process, I noticed that just as many men as women were wearing Crocs...and they definitely weren't all in the medical profession! At the shoe store yesterday, I noticed an elderly gentleman and his wife shopping for Crocs. He was dressed all in camouflaged and looked as if he should have been back in the hunting/work boot section rather than up front with the brightly colored beach shoes. Too cute!

I'll be taking 2 pairs of Tevas and my Mary Jane Crocs to WDW in less than 2 weeks!:thumbsup:

snifflesmcg
07-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Who is old enough to remember Jelly shoes? Sweaty feet, everyone had them. They however hurt. They were expensive for being made out of plastic and they broke.

Crocs may be comfortable but they are foam. I would never wear them but that is only MHO. I have considered buying some for the children. I think men who wear them look, well to be nice, strange.

OMG, I had Jellies in like every single color. I loved those things. I wonder if wearing them ruined my feet for today? Anyway, consider getting a pair.....remember, you DID wear jellies and they were ugly too.

I have VERY flat feet. Every shoe bothers me and every mile I walk is worse than the next. With that said, I was at the Jersey Shore Friday and sported my (Ugly) Crocs on the boardwalk for quite a few hours. I must say that even though my feet, they weren't nearly as bad as normal. Crocs....:thumbsup:

LizLovesDiz
07-02-2007, 10:13 PM
I brought four different pairs of shoes and only wore the crocs,love them !!!:mickey:

yasmina
07-03-2007, 06:52 AM
& they all love them! Even DH loves his:thumbsup:. I wore them all day at an amusement park in Montreal with 90 middle school kids, and by the end of the long day, I was tired but my feet were fine. In addition to that, afterwards, we went salsa dancing, then endured a 14 hour bus ride home. On previous trips, when I got home, my ankles were swollen like elephants. Not this year - I credit my crocs!

We leave for DW at the end of this month and I've ordered each of us a pair of Disney crocs. Since this is a surprise trip for our daughters, they won't get them until we get to POFQ.:mickey:

wdwfan
07-03-2007, 09:33 AM
I just bought crete for DH and capri for me. (both are flip flop style) My feet get so hot, no way can I do t-shoes w/socks, We're both wearing them around the house to break them in for our trip in 2 weeks. They are very comfy too!:thumbsup:
I have a pair of beach too, so will be packing them as my extra pair of shoes.

Becky'sMom
07-03-2007, 11:09 AM
After reading all these raves, I took my family to a sporting goods store and walked out with new crocs for everyone! Cayman's for my 4 yr old daughter, Maryjane's for me - and - surprise surprise, my DH got a pair of beach crocs.....I couldn't believe it! I never thought he would even try them on! They really are comfy and I will probably wear them most days in Disney. My only problem is that while her sandals and sneakers bring my daughter up to 40.25 inches, the crocs leave her a hair under 40" - so, we may have to take the sandals along!
Lauren

AvonleaCF
07-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Alright, I caved and bought a pair. I'm hoping my feet will last during my next trip in them. Last time, after the first day, I had horrible blisters that ruined my entire trip (and I was wearing sneakers with socks!). Hopefully they'll arrive next week and I can start breaking them in.

I got Cayman in purple. :) I wanted the Beach style but they were sold out (I was buying directly from their site). But the Cayman seems to look the same. I can't wait to start wearing them to work and enduring weird looks. :blush:

IloveJack
07-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Dh bought a pair of the flip flops this weekend, and raves about them, but I don't like how "roomy" they were. I didn't feel like they'd stay on my feet. However, I do like the "pirate" beach ones on the crocs site. I was wondering about sizing, though, since I'd be ordering from the site. Do the beach ones run large, or true to size? I don't want to spend $35 on something that doesn't fit well.

SurferStitch
07-03-2007, 01:14 PM
I just can't bring myself to buy a pair of those things...even the thongs. They just don't have any style and are really ugly.

I am in my 30's, and yes, I care about how my shoes look with my outfits at the parks. I have PLENTY of very comfortable and stylish flip flops and sandals that are great for the parks. I just got a pair of Dr. Scholl's flip flops with a nice patent leopard print thong. They are just as lightweight and foamy as Crocs, but actually look good. They actually have more spring, cushion and support than Crocs (okay, tried them on once). I'm thinking about getting another pair for when these wear out someday.

I am completely flat footed, and am more comfortable in some sort of heel or wedge. The Dr. Scholls have a slight wedge, so they will be my perfect park touring shoe (as long as they match what I'm wearing that day).

DH teases me about how I always have the perfect shoe for every outfit. He hates the Crocs, and threatens me with a pair of them when I drag him to the mall to go shopping. :sick::D

emmingo
07-03-2007, 03:07 PM
If you plan on wearing the Crocs flops to the park (or for longer than maybe 4 or 5 hours at a time), make sure that you have waterproof Band-Aids to stick between your big and index toes! The Crocs are great to walk on, but there is a seam where the top and bottom molds met, I guess, that goes down the sides of the thong part that goes between your toes, and it HURTS if you're not used to the Crocs (like wearing them for the first time).

Otherwise, I love mine and wear them whenever I need to walk for more than a couple of hours. I had sworn them off based on the way that they look (honestly, everyone looks like a toddler!), and must have complained once an hour about everyone wearing them at the MK in Feb, and DH got so sick of hearing me complain that he bought me a pair and said I couldn't complain again until I tried them. I tried them, and now I have been eating crow for six months!