PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared! We put our house on the market!!

iheartmickey
06-26-2007, 11:12 AM
UPDATE ON SECOND PAGE!!!!

Do you ever have one of those moments where you think .... what are we doing?? Are we crazy??

DH has been complaining for the last two years that he wants to move. We live in a community that is being over run with people we aren't seeing eye to eye with ... and who are down right RUDE!

Last week DH said "I've had it call the realtor!" which he's said a number of times in the last year. I never took it seriously. BUT, now I've had it too. I feel this place is not safe anymore ... and DD's almost 4 and wants to go out and play with other kids. I just can't let her.

Anyway back to the point of the thread ... sorry ... I called the realtor and she came over, we signed all the papers and now we are offically on the market! YIKES!!

This is the part I really hate. This house has to be ready to show in a moments notice. (I am not a clean/organized person ... except about disney trips LOL) I just hate walking on egg shells and not letting DD tear the house apart with all her toys. I actually said to her yesterday ... you can make a mess after we get our first bid! LOL! What a mean mommy!

So for her sake wish us luck, send us any spare pixie dust, we're gonna need it!

LETS SELL THIS HOUSE!!!!!!

RedSoxFan
06-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I wish you all the best and good luck with selling your house. Just give it a good cleaning, clear out the clutter and just do daily touch ups. It is not easy keeping it clean with kids. I've done it a few times. It might be easier and less stressful just to put some of DD toys away and keep out her favorites.

Dsnygirl
06-26-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm sending you as much "house selling" :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: as I can... we just went through the same thing, and I can totally sympathize. We have two DD's, and it was SO hard trying to keep things "just right" every time we left the house, just in case someone called... I hated it. But - we sold and it was totally worth it - we got our asking price and a lot of compliments on how clean and pretty our house was, and now we're out and waiting to see what will happen next - but completely happy and glad to be out of a neighborhood that just didn't fit us anymore.

GOOD LUCK to you - I sure hope your house sells fast, and that you find just the right place for your family!! Keep us posted!! :thumbsup:

DisneyDog
06-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Believe me, I understand what you are going through. We sold our house 2 1/2 years ago, in Naples, Florida, to move back home to PA. The neighborhood we were in was basically a retirement community. Here we were, in our 30's, with our then 2 year old DS and 2 dogs, and me working full-time, and it was soooo hard to keep the place looking decent let alone in selling condition. It's not easy, but it will be worth it when you have everything settled.

Best of luck to you!!!!!

Ian
06-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Ugh. I remember this only too well ... it's been over 2 years since we moved and I still have flashbacks of having to wipe the sink every time we used it.

However, I will say that it's VERY important that you stage your house if you want it to sell. Especially in this market ...

One thing that worked for us was boxing up everything that wasn't tied down and sticking it in storage. It makes it much easier to keep the place neat.

RenDuran
06-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Good luck! :pixie:

(This is exactly why we will never put our house on the market!)

CanadianWDWFan
06-26-2007, 03:27 PM
I hear you about the neat and tidy thing! My DW nearly went nuts keeping on top of things. After all me and our two boys aren't exactly clean freaks!:D

Our agent eventually paid to have a stager come over and give us tips as to how to show the house. This was after 6 weeks on the market. Three days after we finished with the stager we got an offer!!

Good luck and :pixie: for you! I hope you sell quickly and the move goes smoothly for you!

Tink-N-Me
06-26-2007, 03:38 PM
OMG! You sound just like me...my husband wants to move, I'm not sure I want to uproot my family...I love my neighbors and the location where I live, but my husband wants out of New Orleans. I'm on the fence and just can't seem to take that leap of faith. (Besides housing in outlaying areas around here has jumped in price tremendously since Katrina.) And, I am definitely not a clean and organized person, except for Disney trips!:blush: LOL How in the world will I keep my house in show condition with 3 boys?
Best of Luck in selling!

January-2007
06-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Lots of :pixie: for good luck!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Bury a statue of St Anthony in the backyard, upside down, facing the house. This is supposed to help sell a house faster. Then you dig him up and take him to the new house with you.
One place I looked at had candles burning and soft music playing. It was a nice touch. That was probably my second choice after the house I ended up buying. And part of it was the presentation.
Good luck selling, I hope it sells fast and that you get your asking price. Then the fun of looking for a new house starts.

Ian
06-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Bury a statue of St Anthony in the backyard, upside down, facing the house. This is supposed to help sell a house faster. Then you dig him up and take him to the new house with you.Okay I know this sounds ridiculous, but when we sold our last house we had a tough time finding a buyer (we had one back out on us at the closing table and we had a really short window to work in). We buried St. Anthony in the yard and lo and behold we got an offer 2 days later.

100% true story.

iheartmickey
06-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Thank you for all your support.

We got a call from the realtor last night and someone is coming to look at it tomorrow!!!

I guess I'll let DD play and get out toys until then. LOL!

DizNee143
06-27-2007, 08:39 AM
goodluck!!!:mickey:
have you guys started looking at new places to live? hows that going?
my parents put ther ehouse on the market about 3 weeks ago...they have had a good number of people come look at it but...nothing yet...

Wendy Louise
06-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Lots of :pixie: and luck to you. I know how stressful house buying/selling can be.

How did todays showing go?

Marilyn Michetti
06-27-2007, 12:37 PM
At this very moment, I'm sitting in the master bedroom with our two dogs while three men lay tile right outside. This is the fifth day. Before this project, we had painters inside for eight days, and before that three weeks waiting for the new countertops - (no kitchen sink). What's worse, it's 112 degrees in Mesa, Az. now, so sitting on the patio isn't an option past 9:00 A.M.

We're planning on downsizing, and its been so much work, money, and time. We're thinking of just staying and getting someone to help with the housework and yard, but we just plain don't need 2200 sq. ft.

The nice part is that EVERYTHING is out of the house except the beds, and computer. What comes back in will be about half of what DH THINKS is coming back in. (God Bless Goodwill.)
He's a wonderful man, but a terminal pack-rat, and not at all tidy. THEN, if we find something perfect, and smaller, the house will be ready.

Good luck to all of us.:thumbsup:

iheartmickey
06-27-2007, 03:50 PM
goodluck!!!:mickey:
have you guys started looking at new places to live? hows that going?
my parents put ther ehouse on the market about 3 weeks ago...they have had a good number of people come look at it but...nothing yet...

No we haven't been to see anything yet but we do have a neighborhood in mind .... just down the road. A much smaller community! We love this part of Jersey ... everything is so convenient and close without being too city .... KWIM? We also are trying to get closer to Princeton without having to pay the prices of Princeton and West Windsor. 5 miles down the road and it's way over priced!

Are your parents moving far or staying in the area?

Good luck to them too .... I keep hearing from everyone "not a sellers market!!" Our agent promises us we won't have a problem ... the condos in this area move quickly. I HOPE!

meldan98
06-27-2007, 05:49 PM
We are currently in the process of fixing up our house to either rent it our sell it. We are sick and tired of our "hood"...I think that's a good term for it...I'm tired of the 15-20 drug dealers milling around our area that the police don't seem to be doing anything about.

We are buying a new house in a new area and can't wait to get out of this dumpy area.

My husband has really been wanting to rent it, but the lady who does my nails asked me what we would be willing to sell it for. My DH came up with a number, so I guess we shall see what happens.

merlinmagic4
06-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Good luck, Kristy (and Marilyn too)!! I would love to put our house on the market but I just cannot imagine having it ready to show at a moment's notice with three kids (one 14 months old), two big dogs, 2 cats, 2 gerbils.................we should just build an ark ;)

I hope you sell it quickly!!!!!!!! :pixie: for a quick and painless sale!

magicofdisney
06-27-2007, 11:26 PM
We just moved into our new home about 2 mos ago. We put our other home on the market last Dec. and sold it in Feb. It is a very tough market in our neck of the woods. But I think our biggest advantage was putting things away in storage. It really made it easier to keep things tidy. I have four kids ranging from 2-9 and toys were always an issue. We put MANY of those in storage. GL with your sale.

DizNee143
06-28-2007, 09:14 AM
No we haven't been to see anything yet but we do have a neighborhood in mind .... just down the road. A much smaller community! We love this part of Jersey ... everything is so convenient and close without being too city .... KWIM? We also are trying to get closer to Princeton without having to pay the prices of Princeton and West Windsor. 5 miles down the road and it's way over priced!

Are your parents moving far or staying in the area?

Good luck to them too .... I keep hearing from everyone "not a sellers market!!" Our agent promises us we won't have a problem ... the condos in this area move quickly. I HOPE!

oh i sooo know what you mean...its great here..(i guess i should change my location - i moved to east windsor 2 months ago with my fiance)
but omg it is great here..everything is within 5 minutes of me..its great!!
my parents arent moving far..they are moving pretty much from one side of monroe to the other side...they are actually gonna be closer to me now..right by exit 8...
well i hope it does sell fast...or at least soon!!:mickey:

bucky at disney
06-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Okay I know this sounds ridiculous, but when we sold our last house we had a tough time finding a buyer (we had one back out on us at the closing table and we had a really short window to work in). We buried St. Anthony in the yard and lo and behold we got an offer 2 days later.

100% true story.

It is St. Joseph that needs to be buried. You can find a house selling kit online.

In fact we did this when trying to sell our house earlier this year. Within 3 weeks of burying St. Joseph, we had an offer on our house.

iheartmickey
06-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Do any of you have a suggestion for selling Condo's .... we don't really have a back yard. I do have a deck with potted plants on it ... can I bury St. Joseph in there?

BTW .... we've had a few lookers this week now. Two realtors came with people today ... keep the pixie dust coming. Hopefully someone will put in a bid. :thumbsup:

iheartmickey
08-05-2007, 09:30 PM
YIPPIE!!!!!

I had to go back and look at the date I posted our house was on the market .... today was a VERY VERY busy day for us! ;)

We not only accepted an offer on our condo today, but we found a place we like and they accepted our offer!!!! WE"RE MOVING!!! :clappy: :yay: :joy:

We close on Sept 24th (ish)!

Natalie's been so good and not messy ... DH has actually been making the bed (I think for the first time in his LIFE)! I think this has been the cleanest our house has ever been ... and I still get to come on intercot.

I'm so excited .... now we need the pixie dust that everything goes smoothly. :thumbsup:

wdw_bound
08-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Congratulations!

Did you get a St. Joseph?

We've got our place on the market and are getting a good bit of traffic, but no nibbles yet.

wdw_bound
08-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Congratulations!

We've got our place on the market and are getting a good bit of traffic, but no nibbles yet.

iheartmickey
08-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Congratulations!

No St Joseph .... I didn't want to put it in a potted plant on my deck ... felt sac-religious or something. I also didn't want to dig in my neighbors back yard.

Everyone keeps telling us how bad the market is right now ... prices are really falling ... we took a low offer, but we really are motivated to get the heck out of here! Our neighbor boy (large family that lives illegally below us ... 11 people in a two bedroom) was hit by a truck on Weds. He's OK, but the neighborhood is really going down!!! He's 5 and his parents just let him ride his bike all over our community unsupervised! Sorry rant over!

RedSoxFan
08-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Congrats on the sale of your condo and the purchase of your new home. Hope all goes smoothly.:)

DizNee143
08-06-2007, 09:32 AM
yay!! how exicting..and very lucky for your family that it worked out so great for you guys!! goodluck with everything!! :)