PDA

View Full Version : RocknRoller coaster help

Twinsowner
06-26-2007, 02:36 AM
My wife and I really want to ride the RnRC but we are both afraid of heights and we do not ride the big thrill coasters. However we have ridden everist and really enjoyed it although that is about as "thrilled" as ae would like to be. So does anyone know the exact dimensions of RnRC drops ? I know splash mountain is about 55 feet and we really would not care for anyhting much higher than that. My wife is really concerned with the height of the "drops". What do you think? Should we ride?

snifflesmcg
06-26-2007, 02:51 AM
I don't know the height of the drops. I'll poke around a bit tomorrow and see if I can find out for you. I don't know if this makes a difference to you but RnR has a loop in it and it's also in the dark. IMO, it's also alot faster (maybe it's just an illusion). Maybe somebody else has more info.

06-26-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm terrified of heights & I don't like loops on rollercoasters but I love RnRc. It's mostly in the dark so you can't see what's coming up & it's over before you know it. I'm 57 years old & love this ride but my dh refuses to ride it b/c it seems to shake you around a lot. Go ahead & ride it, you'll love it.

Mickey91
06-26-2007, 08:13 AM
I absolutely hate roller coasters. I love this though. The absolute worst part, and I don't like it, is the sudden blast from 0-60. The rest of the ride is awesome. I never felt like I was dropping. If you rode EE, then you should not have a problem on RRC except for the sudden take off. I won't get on EE because of the drop.

SBETigg
06-26-2007, 08:16 AM
No big drops here. Everest has bigger drops. The loops and speed are more the factor. It starts with a bang, then, a wild and fast ride with loops, twists, turns, and dips but not big drops. If it is heights that turn you away but you don't mind wild twists and turns and speed, you should be just fine on Rock n Roller Coaster. Enjoy.

A Foolish Mortal
06-26-2007, 08:22 AM
There really isn't a drop. You have to understand that this is a LIM launched coaster, meaning it gets literally launched at the beginning of the ride than going up a lift hill. The biggest drop you will feel is coming out of the loop. That's pretty much it.

Jenemmy
06-26-2007, 08:25 AM
I agree -- if there is a major drop on this ride, I have sure missed it! LOL. It's thrill is that it is very fast and very loud. You are not in the "pitch" dark, but you really can't see the track or where it is going. (They use all black light)

The premise is that you are rushing to get to a concert in LA, so you are flying around various highway signs and landmarks. Be prepared for a lot of loops and corkscrew type feelings, but no humongo drops. Honestly, it goes by so quickly that I have a hard time telling which end is up -- it's just fun!

mook3y
06-26-2007, 08:43 AM
height is definately not an issue on this ride. You never really have a feeling of being very far off the ground at all.

jenperich
06-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Oh, I love this ride!!! I can't wait to go on this ride in November. I second everything that everyone has said...there are no big hills in this ride at all. Enjoy!! :mickey:

dizneygirl
06-26-2007, 02:59 PM
My Dad and I go on all of the rides at the parks....not afraid of much. My mom however hates roller coasters....but she WILL go on BTM in the MK. I would compare EE at Animal Kingdom to be more like BTM...the ride cars are set up in the same way...same "idea" with the roller coaster type track...just a lot higher on the climb than BTM.
RR is one my Mom WON'T go on...unless she "has a death wish" according to her. haha! You always know with an over the head shoulder harness, things are going to be wild and scary! Thsi is what you can find on RR. Its fast, loud, and much more intense than BTM or EE, in my opinion.
(on a side note, when I roke RR the last time...a girl a few cars ahead of me had her cell phone fly out of her pocket on the ride...duirng a loop I assume...dont know what happened...but that is a small indication on how crazy the ride can get)

DREAMADREAM93
06-26-2007, 03:03 PM
R&RC isn't a drop coaster. It is an inversion coaster. If there are any big drops - trust me you don't notice. If you can handle speed, loops, and inversions, you'll have fun!!

JOrdan :]

KAJUNKING
06-26-2007, 03:51 PM
i say give it a shot as others have said its over before you know it and its very smooth, my dd7 rode it like 4 or 5 times in a row last sept and she loved it me and dw just baby swaped ds 5 and dd went every time, and now thats all she can talk about when we talk about our upcoming trip

grumpycajun
06-26-2007, 06:00 PM
It's not the drops that get you. One minute you're sitting there and the next thing you know you're upside down, sideways, and every which way. I'm glad I went on it just to say I did, but frankly, I'm not in a big hurry to ride it again. EE is much more my style. I just don't care for the upside down stuff.

GrmGrninGost
06-26-2007, 09:15 PM
My DW is not a coaster fan at all and she loves RnR. :mickey: She won't consider riding EE. RnR has no big drops. It is very fast with a lot of sudden turns and a few inversions. The inversions happen so fast you don't even know you're upside down. (IMO) I would definitely try it once! You may like it! Have fun!!

moe513
06-26-2007, 09:21 PM
The take off is the part I dont like and I dont like the shoulder bars. But it has no drops. It mostly is alot of twisty low loops.

Camping Mom
06-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Like others have said, I HATE ROLLER COASTERS. Won't ride one after a bad time at Astroworld in Houston years ago. But I love RNRC...you shoot out and it is fast, but then you go fast and up and over and turn and twist. I like it much more than Space MOuntain. I think one thing that helps me is the music...you get to listening and it just makes it more fun. I also watch thru half closed eyes...I have a fear my contacts are going to blow out so I won't open my eyes all the way! Love this ride...but I will NOT ride ToT. The dropping absolutely sends me into the screaming mimi's (southern term for those of you who don't know.):mickey:

Twinsowner
06-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks for all the info!! You are making me want to ride it more and more. hopefully we will not chicken out during our trip in Nov.

ghost999
06-27-2007, 10:24 AM
i have one word to describe it:AWESOME. that ride is awesome all around one of my favorite rides at disney.:mickey:

Jared
06-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Expedition Everest is probably more intense than Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. There are no long drops, just a few inversions. The coaster is so smooth and comfortable you may not realize you tumbled until you're back facing the correct direction.

Good luck! You will not regret riding.