PDA

View Full Version : VMK Values & WDW Inside Out in our titles

Chescat
06-26-2007, 01:19 AM
After the Ice scare tonight we all started talking. VMK is going to start enforcing more strict rules on things soon and we've all been concerned that we have WDW Inside Out in our titles. We've been able to get away with it up to now, but we are concerned that's going to change with this new enforcement. Also people trying to discuss MySpace or even pictures sites have been banned before.

I know we are all proud of being WDW Inside Out, but we do know who we are and how to find each other. Its up to each person what they want to do, but just be aware you could have a problem soon.

Other things to remember are:

Don't tell people you are home alone

Don't mention what grade in school you are or really that you are in school

We have to start being careful about where we live and meeting each other

chrisb26
06-26-2007, 01:27 AM
Great Idea to post this Cat I know I have fogotten this in the past and have said things I am not supposed to like the fact that I just graduated High School. I am just happy I didn't get into trouble for it. :blush:

I know Cat said this but we do have to be very careful about saying we are going to see each other in DLR or WDW in the game I know I see this said alot and we dont want to get into trouble for saying this.

I guess we just have to watch what we say even though it is very difficult to do sometimes since we are just in the middle of a conversation and then say something we shouldn't.

terri.m
06-26-2007, 01:31 AM
I couldn't get back on tonight to hear the discussion but ITA. We do have to be more careful. I'd hate to lose any of you on VMK:(

Chescat
06-26-2007, 01:31 AM
My concern about the title is, if somebody reports us for having it. Geez, I'm on this forum or that forum, they don't let me say that. Why do they get too. That's my concern. :cool:

terri.m
06-26-2007, 01:35 AM
You know, i was on another site to find some DLR info, as intercot deals mainly with WDW, and I ran across a VMK section. They have pages and pages of photos of the players that they post so they can see who they are. It's a sticky on the top of the page. At least there is nothing like that here!

Jeremy
06-26-2007, 01:39 AM
:blush:OK pirate is lost again. lol

So we need to change from WDW inside out to
our owen?
arg!!!

PinkJJ
06-26-2007, 01:48 AM
Ok, I am sorry, but this totally stinks!
Being still relatively new, I am still meeting people from Intercot in the game. I am always looking at their titles to see if I want to add them or not. It's not like I can ask them now.

So now how will I know if they don't post that often or have been away for awhile? I guess I could check out the names list, but what a waste of time.:mad:

Blue Genie
06-26-2007, 01:49 AM
Pirate I think cat is saying not to have WDW or DLR inside out on are sign. I always had it as DLR Inside out. I ask CAT TONIGHT IF MY WAS ALRIGHT AND SHE TOLD ME TO TAKE IT OFF. Sorry about the caps. I didn't know I still had it on.

Blue Genie
06-26-2007, 01:52 AM
Pink me cat or JP can tell u who they are. So don't worry. There is a friend that hasn't been on to much and I know u haven't meet her yet and that is fluffies she is one of us. So if she comes on and u are on we will let u know.

PinkJJ
06-26-2007, 02:04 AM
Pink me cat or JP can tell u who they are. So don't worry. There is a friend that hasn't been on to much and I know u haven't meet her yet and that is fluffies she is one of us. So if she comes on and u are on we will let u know.

The problem is Genie, you won't be able to tell me in the game without breaking the rules.

Blue Genie
06-26-2007, 02:14 AM
I can say she is one of us or she is are friend.

Chescat
06-26-2007, 02:41 AM
Genie always used to have a good phrase. This person is one of us. That's not saying anything personel at least that I know of. ;)

Mr. Tom Morrow
06-26-2007, 06:44 AM
I won't be taking the inside out part of my signature out:thumbsup:
Just doesn't seem like a big threat to me.

JPL
06-26-2007, 09:33 AM
I too will be leaving it in my signature.

Well atleast until someone makes a more specific rule about it and asks us to change it. We had this scare before and we started to take it out and then noticed no other site did so we left it in and those who took it out put it back in. I do think we have to be a bit more careful talking about pictures and posts and other things but that is up to the individual person.

RenDuran
06-26-2007, 03:09 PM
I hate that we have to worry about this stuff! I know quite a few players outside of the game....in real life! Do these rules even apply to us? I'm sure they do.....so how do you suppose nachocat, sleepycatotis, cactuscat, or a few others will never discuss our "real" life?! We see each other and talk frequently, so vmk is usually just an extension of those conversations!

And regardless of whether or not a person is involved in an outside site like myspace or intercot, etc., it's easy enough to google a name and find out where some people "virtually" hang out!

I think I'll keep inside out in my signature. For all anyone knows, I'm just crazy! Well, that's another story all-together.....

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-26-2007, 03:34 PM
I figured this would happened, but I thought long ago. I got on asap this morning and chaged it right away. Scary! :(

LittleDragonErin
06-26-2007, 04:06 PM
A couple months ago, a staff member (who shall remain nameless) was in a room with myself and 3 or 4 other people with "WDW Inside Out" in their signature. I'm 99.9% sure this staff member knows that that stands for as he/she hangs out with us a lot. Now a couple guests came through the room at 2 different times and asked what that meant since it was on several people's signatures. Both times, before any of us could respond, this staff member jumped in and said, "They know WDW inside and out." One of the two still didn't get it, so he/she expounded and said, "It means they know the park really well." And that was the end of that.

Now maybe with the announcement that moderation is being tightened, this view will change. However, I think this is a good explanation as any of what "WDW Inside Out" means. Just my 2 cents.

Tinkerbell627
06-26-2007, 05:27 PM
This is hard news to hear.

It's really unfortunate that VMK has to take these precautions. I love being able to associate myself with Intercot because it's such a great place and I love being able to say I'm a part of it.

Personally, I see no harm in "WDW Inside and Out" in our signatures. It's how we identify each other whether we're a part of Intercot or not.

I'm leaving it in my signature.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-26-2007, 06:10 PM
If they start banning people we might want to take an extra precaution, but since we're always hanging out with each other in private rooms and all, I doubt anyone will report us. Besides, if anyone asks we can say it's a club of our friends we made together in game. I don't think that will harm anyone :mickey:

Chescat
06-26-2007, 10:45 PM
I think one thing that people do need to make sure to do is take out a phrase like "member of WDW inside out". If "WDW inside out" is there, and you don't explain it as a site, then it probably should be fine.

I didn't mean to scare anybody here, we are just concerned about this tightening of the rules. :thumbsup:

wizardmickey
06-26-2007, 11:57 PM
I see a lot of signatures with "Member Green Army" or "Vampire Army" or "Dark Side" or whatever the case may be. Sure, it points one to belive that these people are part of some sub-community even on VMK, so I hereby offer some alternate suggestions:

Inside Out Army

The Churro Club

What? Were you saying something?

Uh... nevermind, I guess the scare has got me thinking silly thoughts.

Chescat
06-27-2007, 04:54 AM
The "all we discuss is food" group might do it. :eat::pizza::tasty::popcorn:

Oh BTW, I wouldn't change any of the rooms we have that would say inside out unless we are asked. We've had at least our river rides say inside out for a long time. I didn't change the teleporter system. I originally had called it river ride or everest ride teleport rooms. But changed it to just my title after we started adding more things. :D

janmathatter
06-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Uh... nevermind, I guess the scare has got me thinking silly thoughts.

Hey, weren't you having silly thoughts before? At least you have something to blame it on now.

I have no thoughts on names and titles at this time. I figure if we give it enough time, something will click and stick. Or I shall have to wonder the streets of VMK, a cat without a title, searching high and low for her identity, as friends ponder what to call me, endlessly at a loss for words, walking into rooms while ppl search to call me something that fits VMK values and my tiny little personality.

Patricia
06-27-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't see any reason to panic. They will take it out for us if they think it's too much. WDW Inside out is not a site name, it just happens to be our slogan. Here at INTERCOT we do know WDW Inside Out which is why travelers come here and the Disney Company knows that too.

For anyone that wasn't around, we used to use Enter Caught in our VMK signatures, way back in the "old" days.. When staff decided that was too much they removed it from our signatures and room titles, but they didn't ban anyone.

I'm keeping my Inside Out in my signature. But I would be careful about directing people to forums. When people ask me what WDW inside out means, I only tell them to search for it, not what it is.

jjramsey
06-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Hmmm...

I must be a renegade! I don't put anything in my signature, except things like 'Hat not for trade,' etc.

I'm proud to be an Intercot member, but anybody can put anything in signatures. I prefer a list on Intercot of VMK members names and direct introductions by people I know are Intercot.:D

RenDuran
06-27-2007, 04:49 PM
I've seen here a few of you have actually had people ask what Inside Out means....I've never had anyone ask!

WDWizard
06-27-2007, 07:25 PM
I think I'll keep WDW Inside Out out of my sig, just to be safe. I can understand, if in the future, they don't let us keep WDW Inside Out because it just takes a simple google search to figure out that it's from Intercot, so there might be the problem with contacting outside of the game.

WDWfanatic742
06-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Well our slogan isn't half as bad as most sites where they use their site name completely. For now we are fine until they make a specific request for any and all fansites and forum's to be removed from people's signatures.

WDWizard
06-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Actually, I dont know if It's because I'm not on VMK much, but I dont notice the site titles in the signatures that much anymore such as "Dis" "VMK Fan Site" etc..- I think staff didn't like it because they would put "Member of .." before it and they probably noticed that people were contacting each other outside of the game.

bigpapiortiz34
06-29-2007, 11:59 AM
A long time ago, this was a scare for me. Not as much now because I have had WDW inside and out in my signature over 2 years now and I am doing well with no bans and such. I am a proud member of intercot and I like to show it. So that's why I have it in there. I don't take it to the extent though where I add WDW inside and out member. Everyone on here knows what WDW inside and out stands for, and that's all we need to recognise people by. I never talk about what WDW inside and out means, even if someone asks me. I do what Little was talking about; just saying that I know Disney World really well.

Me, I am going to keep it in until there is a big section in the newsletter or rule in the values on not having internet sites in your signatures.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Inside Out Army

The Churro Club

I can go with Churros :mickey:

trackbarroness
07-02-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm going to leave what I have typed in my signature because it's about WDW and VMK.
It does read
WDW and VMK inside and out
I'm not changing it unless the powers to be which just might be the company I work for :blush: tell us that we have to change our signatures. But I don't think they will do that because we don't have members of or part of, anywhere in our signatures. Anytime someone asks me what the WDW means in my signature I always say Walt Disney World. Well anyway that's just my thoughts on the subject. I did at one time had added briefly the fact that I had become a CM, which they told me to take out practicly the same day or the next day after I had placed it in it. That had given people more of an idea of how to locate me easier to a point.