PDA

View Full Version : We did it!!....well, sort of...

Tink&Goofy
06-25-2007, 10:09 PM
We finally decided to add on at AKV! :thumbsup: The only problem? We are waitlisted for points!! I was told it shouldn't be long before they have more points available. We are planning a trip in March, and hope to stay at AKV. Hopefully those points come soon! :mickey:

vizsla
06-26-2007, 05:24 AM
That's great. I don't think it will be a long wait before points are available.

TooGoofy
06-26-2007, 06:41 AM
We are planning on buying AKLV when we go down to Disney next week. Could you explain what "waitlisted for points" means?

mprewitt
06-26-2007, 07:25 AM
We are planning on buying AKLV when we go down to Disney next week. Could you explain what "waitlisted for points" means?

Certain Use Years don't have any points available to sell right now. Apparently AKV is selling so well and construction can't keep up. Florida law requires a certain percentage of units to be constructed before they can be sold. As construction continues, more points will become available.

Don't worry about not being able to get your points. They will become available soon.

Maleficent's Dad
06-26-2007, 10:03 AM
WOW!!! You want to buy more points from Disney and they don't have them available at their newest DVC?!?!? :jaw: Things must be going very well indeed for DVC sales!

Oh - and Congratulations! :clappy::clappy:

Ian
06-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Yeah, sales at VAKL are apparently smokin' along pretty well.

Although bear in mind they actually have very moderate space initially available at VAKL, because it's only the converted rooms.

I suspect they'll be out of points to sell there completely soon, because (as someone else said) until they make significant progress on the new building they really won't have a ton of space to sell.

Tink&Goofy
06-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah, sales at VAKL are apparently smokin' along pretty well.

Although bear in mind they actually have very moderate space initially available at VAKL, because it's only the converted rooms.

I suspect they'll be out of points to sell there completely soon, because (as someone else said) until they make significant progress on the new building they really won't have a ton of space to sell.

This is why we wanted to buy now rather than wait until the end of the year. We didn't really care if we got this years points,however, I can see there potentially being a break between when points on the converted rooms are available (very limited in number), and when the new buildings are far enough along to sell points. I think the response has surprised them!