PDA

View Full Version : Ice Banned?

wizardmickey
06-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Not the name, but the person!!!
I had logged on for a little bit earlier tonight & did a credit run. I had no interactions with anyone (except some girl who kept asking me to trade & when I asked why she just said "Just Trade, OK?") When I tried getting back on a little bit ago, I kept getting a "connection lost" message, click OK to reconnect, then a screen that said my ISP had been banned (but it flashed by so quick & then disappeared that I couldn't see until when or for what!!) :mad::angry::fit:
Since I'm at an earthlink.net address, I guess I won't get a reply either. :mad::angry::fit:
If anybody knows any staff, ask them what's up here?

wizardmickey
06-25-2007, 10:16 PM
As I said above... the message flashes by too quickly for me to read all of it, but it looked this last attempt as if it said "2016-6-6"?!?!

chrisb26
06-25-2007, 10:21 PM
oh no ice this is terrible :( that is like a ten year ban and for doing nothing? this is not good at all. Hopefully they will give you a reason as to why.

Sorry to hear about this. :(

Jeremy
06-25-2007, 10:28 PM
oh ice i am so sorry.
that is not good of them to do that to you
i know you would not do anything to get the ban
i am so sorry about that.:(

Patricia
06-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Hmm.. very odd and disturbing. What is the point of ten years if your account will be gone in 6 months anyway?

I can't think of any reason for this. Let's hope it fixes itself in the morning if not sooner.

wizardmickey
06-25-2007, 11:01 PM
I just wanna know what the rationale is for this. I can honestly say, other than the person bothering me to trade that I said no to, I never even spoke to anybody during the 35-40 minutes I was on before I logged off. Then when I finish what I was doing around the house & try to log back in...
Yeah, isn't 10 years not only harsh but superflous considering accounts get deleted after 6 months? And it keeps saying my ISP has been banned... so that means even if I wanted to create a new character it wouldn't let me in the site!

Mr. Tom Morrow
06-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Thats very odd ice and not good at all. :(
Hopefully we get a happy resolution to this unfortunate turn of events soon.

RenDuran
06-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Princess got banned a few months ago for talking about "adult" stuff, namely having a baby....go figure! Anyway, I logged on to "contact us" on the vmk homepage and put in her info and it told me why she was banned. Maybe you should try that....it will even ask if you think the ban is fair, blah blah blah! And it will tell you exactly how long the ban is for. She only got two hours, thankfully.

chrisb26
06-25-2007, 11:29 PM
I can't think of anything that you would do to get you banned this is aweful. I was thinking maybe it had something to do with your signature about the passing of Chris Beniot since you said a place but usually they tell you to change your signature before your banned.

This is very bad of VMK they will sit there and never ban those who sit and scam others over and over however when somebody does nothing wrong they get banned super fast. This is bad moderation on VMK part. :(

wizardmickey
06-25-2007, 11:39 PM
RenDuran: "Anyway, I logged on to "contact us" on the vmk homepage and put in her info and it told me why she was banned. Maybe you should try that....it will even ask if you think the ban is fair, blah blah blah!"
Yup, have tried this. I get a form page & a standard "we will respond as soon as we can" message.

chrisb26: "I was thinking maybe it had something to do with your signature about the passing of Chris Beniot since you said a place..."
So I say I miss the "Canadian Crippler" (which technically would be a name & not a place as far as I can tell, right?) while so many others could actually say they missed "the Crocodile Hunter" when he died. And as it was, if that is the fact, I had changed my signature when I first logged on & then did my credit run before going to work on one of my rooms and then signed off.

RenDuran
06-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Is this the same "contact us" that starts by asking if you are the player or the parent of the player? I just tried it to make sure I was directing you to the right spot....

terri.m
06-25-2007, 11:50 PM
:(:(:(oh no! I hope you get this worked out VERY quickly ice!

Chescat
06-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Ice I sent you a PM. I think there is a glitch in the new system. Reboot your modem and machine and try it. If they didn't tell you what was wrong, I don't think you were banned.

Patricia
06-25-2007, 11:56 PM
I asked Chris what your signature meant as I only understood the Canadian part. I have no idea who the Crippler is.

My concern was they had the same mis-understanding problem and banned you because of the word "can a duh an"...
which I won't risk saying anymore on VMK.

Hopefully they will respond soon. MissIce will not be able to log in from your computer either... so sad. :(

RenDuran
06-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Ice, I just looked at your name on my friend list and you're there. Before, when one of my friends was banned for a month, their name disappeared for that time. I don't think you're banned either!

mickeynuts
06-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Ice we once thought we were IP banned here, but it turned out that when we rebooted our router it gave us a banned IP. Rebooting again fixed it and I checked with staff to be sure and we were fine. If it does indeed say 2016 then I'm guessing that is it. You somehow got an IP that was banned for ten years last year. If it were you it would be exactly 10 years from now.
Hope it works out soon!
:cool: Laura

terri.m
06-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Yes try renewing your IP. We're all there waiting for you!;)

chrisb26
06-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Ice we once thought we were IP banned here, but it turned out that when we rebooted our router it gave us a banned IP. Rebooting again fixed it and I checked with staff to be sure and we were fine. If it does indeed say 2016 then I'm guessing that is it. You somehow got an IP that was banned for ten years last year. If it were you it would be exactly 10 years from now.
Hope it works out soon!
:cool: Laura
I found the date very strange also if it says June 6 2016 that means you were banned June 6 2006 more then a year ago. Since i have never heard of them giving a 9 year and three week ban before. I think this must be the case. Just try to re start your comptuer and hope for the best!

wizardmickey
06-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Yep; It's the same Contact Us that starts off wanting to know if I am the parent of a player or a player, then asks my Disney user name & Birthdate.
Modem; Had already rebooted once because there was a storm passing by while I was offline (& when I signed back in it wasn't running right) but will give that another shot as well.
Canadian Crippler was Chris Benoit, who was found dead with his wife & son in their home today. Even though he was a Wrestler (and his death was/is still suspect) he was still a nice guy. Since so many fans of Steve Irwin managed to pay their respects to him, I thought I'd try too.
Miss Ice usually log's in from her own computer when she's home, but we're on the same network, so her ISP would probably be the same as mine. But she probably wouldn't miss it much if she couldn't get back on.
Glad I haven't vanished from friend's lists yet. I'll give it a shot again Wednesday as I told Cat in my PM response.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Saw you tonight Ice. I hope everything works out. Glad to see you back on again! :mickey:

chrisb26
06-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Yay ice is back and not banned! Glad this was all a mistake would have been sad if you where gone.

wizardmickey
06-26-2007, 01:10 AM
That had to be the longest/shortest & weirdest ban on the books, wouldn't you all agree?
It took not only resetting the modem (& router) but restoring the computer to an earlier date. All of that and some fussin' & cussin' and... well, a lot of friends wishing Ice back online! I think that was what really did the trick!!

Jeremy
06-26-2007, 01:13 AM
oh my heart,
Ice i cant even think of you not being on vmk
i was so scared that you where gone for a long time.

wow what a nightmere.

I am happy i saw you back my friend.
i was like yay! ice is back!:thumbsup:

Blue Genie
06-26-2007, 01:27 AM
:offtopic: Man this is so sad that Chris Beniot is dead. I just read it off the WWE websit and it sound like it is a double sueside [ms] he kiss himself and his family. First Kerry Von Eric killing himself in front of his kids, Then Dino Bravo found murder,then the death of Owen Hart from the fall,then last year with Eddie and now this. Not to message the deaths of the others like Earthquake,Big Boss Man,Mr. Perfect,Bam Bam Bigelow,Hawk of L.O.D. & the second latest Scary Sherri.

terri.m
06-26-2007, 01:33 AM
So glad you are back Ice!!!:party:

Patricia
06-26-2007, 10:44 AM
So, Ice is fixed?

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Wow scary, I hope everything is OK! :(

Thumper03
06-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Welcome back Ice!:rocker::drummer::piano::pixie:

wizardmickey
06-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Patricia: "So, Ice is fixed?"
:jaw::eek::jaw::eek:
Did you just ask if I was fixed? Uh, no, but I do use the paper...

And it is so nice to feel wanted & be back!